Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Insane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51c9cvssg-L._AC_US240_QL65_ (resized).jpg
    IMAG0402 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I love these little drills. Very comfortable, lightweight. It's my go to drill for pinball stuff. The impact will take off pinball leg bolts. They are also great for around the house. I built most of a deck with these just to see if I could. Looking back, I definitely would have saved some time with an 18v, but it worked. They are durable as well. I left one out in the rain and it worked fine. There are also some other cool 12v tools in the lineup. I love the little reciprocating saw. Lots of threads here on what drills are best but this is my pick and it's a great price right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GT0IWK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

#2 7 years ago

I got the Ryobi 18v set for $99 on sale. Overkill for pinball stuff but great line of tools too, 18v weed whipper kicks butt. 3 batteries and 2 chargers keep everything running smooth.

#3 7 years ago

I use these drills/impact almost daily and have no issues.....

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I got the Ryobi 18v set for $99 on sale. Overkill for pinball stuff but great line of tools too, 18v weed whipper kicks butt. 3 batteries and 2 chargers keep everything running smooth.

I don't want to start a tool war, there are plenty of threads on that already. In my opinion the Ryobi stuff isn't even close to the quality of these. I work in commercial electrical, my company buys Ryobi. They are not a reliable tool, at least not under heavy use. Maybe fine for homeowner tasks.

#5 7 years ago

Makita rules and has for a long time

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I don't want to start a tool war, there are plenty of threads on that already. In my opinion the Ryobi stuff isn't even close to the quality of these. I work in commercial electrical, my company buys Ryobi. They are not a reliable tool, at least not under heavy use. Maybe fine for homeowner tasks.

Agreed, Bosch is the best, but you pay for it. Porter-Cable, Milwaukee, Makita, DeWalt etc. are all great stuff for trades persons. Once Home Despot CONtracted with Ryobi about twenty years ago, they went from a premium tool supplier down to consumer grade.
    Kinda like when Rockwell bought Porter-Cable in the late sixties, then, seeking revenue growth in the mid '70's, they introduced their "Green Line" tools at a price point. Only lasted a couple years before they disCONtinued the line as trades people were buying them thinking they could save money. They were junk and warranty costs eliminated any profit there was. Eventually, Rockwell sold off the whole power tool line (to Pentair, IIRC) and the stand-alone Porter-Cable name came back into being, Delta too.

IMAG0402 (resized).jpgIMAG0402 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered.

#8 7 years ago

My buddy Welby Bergum uses the Dewalt 18 volt impact driver for installing/removing leg bolts. It stands up to heavy duty use.

#9 7 years ago

I do the same, except I use a Milwaukee tools version. I've had bad luck with Dewalts lately but the Milwaukee's run all day. They also tend to be a bit higher priced. Now, if Bosch would just make the damn palm screwdriver compatible for US electricity I would be all set.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I do the same, except I use a Milwaukee tools version. I've had bad luck with Dewalts lately but the Milwaukee's run all day.

Years ago I bought a Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill when they went to the new 3 position switch and got 2 defective new ones in a row as the switches would jam right off the bat. I had a 2 position Dewalt 14 volt cordless before that and it work great for years, but after the Dewalt 18 volt debacle I went with a Milwaukee 18 volt and never regretted it. Just had to replace the trigger switch a few years ago after 10 years of hard service and still have the same 2 original batteries that still hold a good charge to today! Milwaukee all the way for me.

#11 7 years ago

I still have my 18V Ryobi for heavy duty stuff where I don't really care about finesse and just need a brute tool, but I switched to the 12V Bosch tools and have never looked back. The light weight and compactness of them can't be more appreciated (I'm sure the other brands compact tools do the trick as well) and man is it nice not to lug around those 18V monsters anymore . The flashlight is expensive at 45 bucks or so but it it priceless when working on games.

51c9cvssg-L._AC_US240_QL65_ (resized).jpg51c9cvssg-L._AC_US240_QL65_ (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I still have my 18V Ryobi for heavy duty stuff where I don't really care about finesse and just need a brute tool, but I switched to the 12V Bosch tools and have never looked back. The light weight and compactness of them can't be more appreciated (I'm sure the other brands compact tools do the trick as well) and man is it nice not to lug around those 18V monsters anymore . The flashlight is expensive at 45 bucks or so but it it priceless when working on games.

They really kill you on the flashlight and radio. I don't know why. I bought them both, they are both ok.

#13 7 years ago

It says usually ships in 1 to 2 months?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

That's what it says. You want it faster; It's gonna cost ya!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

That is odd, they must have sold a bunch of them. In my experience, delayed orders on Amazon are never even close to the date they say, always much quicker.

#16 7 years ago

I ordered it. Lets see how long it takes.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

My buddy Welby Bergum uses the Dewalt 18 volt impact driver for installing/removing leg bolts. It stands up to heavy duty use.

I would be careful with that, I stripped my leg bolts doing this exact thing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-deal-on-bosch-12v-drill-driverimpact and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.