Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191109_172819 (resized).jpg
    20191109_221428 (resized).jpg
    20191109_211041 (resized).jpg
    100_0279 (resized).JPG
    100_0275 (resized).JPG
    41C5F09D-C884-4D7E-A7F7-F8DE9B3BCA2C (resized).jpeg
    255E92D7-4183-43B2-AA09-BB78BF93B1FC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8833 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    7.jpg
    IMG_3237.JPG

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Has anyone seen a Grateful Dead pinball machine for sale ?

#2 10 years ago

Sadly, there is no such machine.

#3 10 years ago

Stern should make one.

#4 10 years ago

Ball times would have to be 17 minutes in order to hear an entire song.

#5 10 years ago

would be a great music themed pin!

#6 10 years ago

I saw a video of Grateful Dead songs loaded into an AC/DC machine....select the song at the beginning of play as usual except it was U.S. Blues, Sugar Mag, etc...instead of Highway to Hell, Back in Black, etc....

The artwork could be incredible for a GD machine...

#7 10 years ago

Steven Wright: "I went to see the Grateful Dead. They played for 9 hours. Great song."

#8 10 years ago

That my ACDC but an actual grateful dead pin would be awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151691204755583

1 year later
    #9 8 years ago

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead in hopes of seeing a Grateful Dead pinball machine by Jersey Jack or Stern.

#10 8 years ago

....truckin........

#11 8 years ago

Dead machine would be awesome...Stern needs to do that...They could do a killer backglass.

#12 8 years ago

would be fantastic!

#13 8 years ago

I like the Dead...but can't quite see how this would make for an amazing gameplay experience.

Have to say, tho, a giant "Steal Your Face" logo in the middle of a playfield would look pretty bad-ass

#14 8 years ago

Now seems to be the time, Stern has had a great run with music themed pinball machines lately. But can you imagine if all of a sudden Jersey Jack pinball got the license for this one and did it! That would really make things interesting, seeing their spin on a music pin!

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

can't quite see how this would make for an amazing gameplay experience

Ahh, to me that's the easy part! Super trippy psychedelic art and light show, lots of crazy hippie type toys, etc.

#16 8 years ago

Would be killer. Love the band.

The art could/should be done by Frerers.

This would have potential!

#17 8 years ago

I would actually be into that theme, and I am not a Dead Head by any means. But the art could be awesome.

#18 8 years ago

Just need to add Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters!......Electric Kool Aid Acid Test!

Could re theme Road Show!...as the band and the travel the country performing.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

travel the country performing

Ahh, this is a great example of what could be done with some of the gameplay modes... Doing Dead Tour across the nation / world maybe completing the U.S. would be phase one of the game and then go for a spot in each of the other continents...

#20 8 years ago

I would definitely be in for an LE.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just need to add Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters!......Electric Kool Aid Acid Test!

A re theme on road show would be sick! you could make one the talking heads look like Jerry and maybe the other could be a Stealie or a talking bear.

#22 8 years ago

I really wanted to go see them in July at Soldier's Field, but the cheapest seats are $500. Total bummer. I miss the band. I was at Jerry's last show.

#23 8 years ago

I am in for an LE. Prepay? Okay!!

Please add a feature where I can just leave the machine on and it plays the Dead w remote control including Dead videos streaming on the JJP LCD Screen Why not?.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I really wanted to go see them in July at Soldier's Field, but the cheapest seats are $500. Total bummer.

Not only that, but can you imagine how difficult the logistics will be of getting in and out of there with no overnight camping allowed, full hotels, and not enough cab / public transport! Because of this, I'm just going to do the pay per view, have a bunch of friends over, do a camp fire, cook out, and have a mini fest at my place.

But the fan base certainly can afford it and an actual pinball machine, for sure.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I really wanted to go see them in July at Soldier's Field, but the cheapest seats are $500. Total bummer. I miss the band. I was at Jerry's last show.

I knew you were one of the cool kids

I miss the good ole times of seeing them. I may go to 1 show at soldier this summer just for the spectacle of it, but sad that tickets are so in demand/ priced through the roof.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Wow. $500 is a lot. I saw Bob Weir in Tucson Feb 2014. He looked and sounded good. I think he is 70 something. He played some old Dead and Dylan tunes in a small theater. Nice.

#27 8 years ago

Terra Pin

#28 8 years ago

I would pay for this up front without even seeing any design principles.... shall we start a pre order thread?

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

A re theme on Road Show would be sick! you could make one the talking heads look like Jerry and maybe the other could be a Stealie or a talking bear.

I Like this!!!

Talking Jerry Garcia Head!
    Take another hit of Acid Mode!
    Endless Encore Mode!
    Deadhead Flying Rocks!
    Travel Mode! States to do things...Autographs, chase the groupies...
    Concert Mode! States to play in, with unique arenas!
    Tripping Mode! Whatever you want!

Obviously start or end in San Francisco.....

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

$500, obstructed views. Btw, some more tix are being released this Fri, which I'm sure most of you may already know...

#31 8 years ago

Booked a hotel right next to venue as soon as they announced the concert. I got lucky and got 3 day passes though mail order for 3 people. Cost almost 1800.00 in money orders. Should be very nice tickets and I'll be pumped to receive them since I was one of the lucky ones. Just got a update from GDTSTOO saying they got the commemorative tickets in and they are awesome. Please do not bother them for the next two weeks as they are getting the tickets ready for shipping. I've been to close to 100 dead /band members shows and would not miss the 50th for anything. Netflix just released Bob Weir's documentary long strange trip.. I highly recommend watching it.

A pinball would be awesome....I'd drool all over that son of a gun

#32 8 years ago

I would buy one build it!

#33 8 years ago
    futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34[1].jpgfuturama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34[1].jpg
    #34 8 years ago

I love all of this support for a GD pin. I would be in. Dream pin. They just released a new documentary of Bobby Weir on Netflix. It is pretty good if you have no seen it yet.

#36 8 years ago

It would need a great light show!

I think a Drumz mode would be great where as you complete more shots/objectives the music builds with more and more layering of drums. Keeps adding tracks and gets more complex the deeper you go int the mode.

#37 8 years ago

Cartman_hippies.jpgCartman_hippies.jpg

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Are you on the bus ?

#39 8 years ago

I can see it now... Dancing bears and trippy visual stuff on the backglass ....

IMG_3237.JPGIMG_3237.JPG

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Are you on the bus ?

Long Long Long Long Time Ago......

#41 8 years ago

I think a trippy pinball game is in order. Not the whole hippie flower psychedelic though, more like Flaming Lips style just mess with your head kind. Mirrors and things to purposely screw you up, flip around your flipper controls, delayed reaction times to flippers, etc. A game that just messes back.

#42 8 years ago

I think OP meant the Walking Dead pin.

#43 8 years ago

I see where the confusion is coming from. A google search shows this
    http://www.amazon.com/Grateful-Dead-Pinball-Machine-Tapestry/dp/B008CQ79DA

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I see where the confusion is coming from. A google search shows this ...
    http://www.amazon.com/Grateful-Dead-Pinball-Machine-Tapestry/dp/B008CQ79DA

That's actually kind of cool.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I see where the confusion is coming from. A google search shows this

Got one - looks cool !

7.jpg7.jpg
    #47 8 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Got one - looks cool !

Lol, yea I remember that tapestry - totally forgot about that one!

#48 8 years ago

I scored a pair of tickets in the rerelease today for GD50 at Solider!

STOked!!!!!!!!!

Face value and on the floor!

#49 8 years ago

Shit! I forgot all about the tickets ...

#50 8 years ago

Had an "emotional moment" yesterday with "China Doll".
    Chorus gets me every time.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grateful-dead-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.