(Topic ID: 112331)

Graphic Artist Help for Secret Service Decals!

By thepita007

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

secret_service_decal.JPG
decal-revision.jpg
decal-revision.jpg
CCI12132014.jpg
decal-more.jpg
decal-before.jpg
decal.jpg
Secret_Service_ramp_decal_rough.gif

#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I have a Data East Secret Service and the decal which goes on the back ramp was torn to shreds. So I carefully glued it back together piece by piece onto a sheet of paper than I scanned the paper.

What I need help with now is fixing the decal so hoping someone wants to help the community out as this is a very sought after decal and not currently available anywhere. Searched for quite awhile last night with no luck.

the file is a PNG and is around 30mbs. I have the original scan if necessary but it comes in around 500mbs.

If your willing to help out please PM me and I will send you the link for the file. It's too big to upload on pinside evidently.

This is the decal in question. Like I said above if you can fix it, PM me for the full file.
Secret_Service_ramp_decal_rough.gifSecret_Service_ramp_decal_rough.gif

thanks,

#3 9 years ago

Sent you a pm!

#4 9 years ago

For those wondering this decal goes on the black ramp.

There are two cpu controlled lights behind this decal and its annoying to play with it missing.

(pictures from IPDB)

It is the decal in the top left corner

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/2090/image-8.jpg

As you can see in this photo from IPDB the decal is missing. (happens with NOS ramps or damaged ones)

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/2090/image-11.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Original
decal-before.jpgdecal-before.jpg

Work in Progress
decal.jpgdecal.jpg

#6 9 years ago

anyone have any idea what font this is?

#7 9 years ago

more progress but still need the font, touch up lockball area. Question. Is the top of the monument suppose to be all white or is there concrete-like texture?
decal-more.jpgdecal-more.jpg

#8 9 years ago

the center portion is missing could not find this torn piece in the machine. At one point a pinball must have went thru the decal.

I am not sure about the font I think there is a website that will tell you. Will try to find the link.

As for the top I believe it is a marble texture.

#10 9 years ago

For those who need it here is the Secret Service Coin Door Decal.

Mine was faded so I scanned and Darkened it.

CCI12132014.jpgCCI12132014.jpg

#11 9 years ago

how are thi

Quoted from flashinstinct:more progress but still need the font, touch up lockball area. Question. Is the top of the monument suppose to be all white or is there concrete-like texture?

decal-more.jpg 135 KB

Any more luck fixing it?

#12 9 years ago

Still trying to find that damn font. I will probably just recreate it.

#13 9 years ago

I think the closest you'll find is "URW Antiqua Ultra Bold Oblique OT Std". I'd just take that, convert it to outlines, and modify the few nodes that are different. Shouldn't be too hard to make it identical at that point.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think the closest you'll find is "URW Antiqua Ultra Bold Oblique OT Std". I'd just take that, convert it to outlines, and modify the few nodes that are different. Shouldn't be too hard to make it identical at that point.

Thanks I'll check the font out when I get home from work and hopefully roll out this puppy

#15 9 years ago

I haven't forgotten about this...just crazy busy with all the last minute xmas prep.

#16 9 years ago

Send me the art and I will fit it into my next job if you want one printed up Pita

#17 9 years ago

I can forward to ovfdfireman as soon as I am done You guys can discuss pricing!

#18 9 years ago

I will do it for free!

Flash is a good guy helping out on the art, thought I would help out on making it a reality.

#19 9 years ago

I have a secret service with the same problem. It looks like someone poked a finger thru the "Jackpot" area.

#20 9 years ago

you guys are awesome happy holidays everyone!

1 week later
#21 9 years ago

Final question to anyone that has a Special Force. Since I am not in front of a machine can someone tell me if the sky on the right hand side of the sticker is suppose to be yellow like that or look identical to the colors on the left hand side? I don`t think it will make of a difference in the longrun because the right hand side of the sticker is in the back of the plate but might as well do it right.

decal-revision.jpgdecal-revision.jpg

#22 9 years ago

I believe the right should look like the left side. At one point I think the sticker had something spilled on it.

Also amazing work, thanks a ton!

#23 9 years ago

Pink is the kiss cut aka where the stikcer will be cut. Can you confirm positioning
decal-revision.jpgdecal-revision.jpg

#24 9 years ago

Fired off to the printer Please post pics once you install it

#25 9 years ago

Will do thanks a ton!

2 weeks later
#27 9 years ago

Nothing has come in the mail so far.

3 weeks later
#28 9 years ago

I printed one up using my laser printer and sticker paper.

secret_service_decal.JPGsecret_service_decal.JPG
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

sorry to hear that.

its all good, looks great!

thanks for the awesome job!

#31 9 years ago

I am still up for making these, but it has to be done when I am not swamped making orders. In addition, I took my father to the hospital 2 days after Christmas, and he passed away the 2nd week in January. So playing catch up with life, my dads estate, work and of course pinball orders. That said this "fun" "would like to do" project has simply taken a back seat to paid orders. But want to do it, well as soon as I can breath. Which may not be for a while, since flash has another big project coming

(Actually when running large decal projects I have time to sit and do decal work while I wait for the job)

Normally it's no problem to fit it in, but I simply haven't had the time, I do apologize.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I am still up for making these, but it has to be done when I am not swamped making orders. In addition, I took my father to the hospital 2 days after Christmas, and he passed away the 2nd week in January. So playing catch up with life, my dads estate, work and of course pinball orders. That said this "fun" "would like to do" project has simply taken a back seat to paid orders. But want to do it, well as soon as I can breath. Which may not be for a while, since flash has another big project coming
Normally it's no problem to fit it in, but I simply haven't had the time, I do apologize.

not a problem and I appreciate the offer I knocked it out so should save you some stress.

Sorry for your loss.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/graphic-artist-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.