(Topic ID: 21033)

Grand Rapids Pinball Scene - 50 pins at one location.

By Matt_johnson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jahbarron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

The Pyramid Scheme In Grand Rapids Mi. apparently now has 50 pins. At least I'm assuming they have these pins currently. I knew they had a dozen or so but not 50!

They are having a special:

"PINBALL PYRAMID: 50 Machines in the venue!
    $10 all you can play!
    Saturday October 6 from 2pm until 2am
    Sunday October 6 from 2pm until 2am
    All Ages from 2pm until 7pm

Attack From Mars, Avatar, Bride Of Pinbot, Cirqus Voltaire, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Getaway: High Speed 2, Iron Man, Judge Dredd, Jurassic Park, Medieval Madness, Simpsons Pinball Party, Star Wars, Tales Of The Arabian Nights, Terminator 2, Twilight Zone, Who Dunnit, Pinbot, Black Pyramid, Champion Pub, Swords Of Fury, Star Trek Next Generation, Gladiators, Truck Stop, Tri Zone, Phoenix, F-14 Tomcat, Safecraker, Space Station, Jungle Queen, Fast Draw, Spirit of '76, Earthshaker, Roadshow, Black Knight 2000, Funhouse, Millionaire & More"

Their FB: http://www.facebook.com/events/239240092863559/

#2 11 years ago

Michigan is awesome

#3 11 years ago

fuuuuuuuu*$! Why don't I live in michigan?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

fuuuuuuuu*$! Why don't I live in michigan?

Hey someone has to pay those outlandish Chicago prices!!!

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why don't I live in michigan

Apparently less people want to. It was the only state to lose population according to the 2010 census. Although I think Upper Michigan is where it is at! Screw the southern part.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Screw the southern part.

Why you dirty dog....Northerners are always jealous of us "trolls!"

#7 11 years ago

I've been to the Pyramid club a few times and have to say the pins they have are all kept up and playing nice. Also a plus that there's a bar and concert hall in the same venue to partake in. Did I mention that the location is right smack in the middle of a great downtown scene? +1...

Todd "GravitaR" S.

#8 11 years ago

GR is a nice town for sure.

#9 11 years ago

I still haven't been there?! It's only 30min away. I'm going this weekend for sure.

I usually go down to Klassic arcade in Gobles: It's a really awesome retro arcade with lots of pins.

http://www.pinballdirect.com/

#10 11 years ago

I was there this weekend. They didn't have 50, but they had a bunch of great titles.

TOTAN, MM, CV, AFM, TZ, JD, Avatard, HS II, TSPP, T2, CFTBL, BOP, JP, WHD?, IM, BSD, DE Star Wars.

The restaurant across the street has (Stellas) great food and pins & vids as well.

Data East Simpsons, Countdown, Time Warp, & Funhouse. + Joust, Moon Patrol, Track & Field, Battle Zone, Ms. Pac Man, 60-in-1 aracade, Street Fighter II, Tetris, Tron, Punch Out, Galaga, Asteroids, Joust, MK II.

#11 11 years ago

Why aren't there any places like this in California??

#12 11 years ago

Apparently less people want to. It was the only state to lose population according to the 2010 census. Although I think Upper Michigan is where it is at! Screw the southern part.

Been a lot longer than that. Didn't we have the highest college graduate leaving the state percentage since about 2000

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GR is a nice town for sure.

Lol. Depends on where you see it I guess.

#14 11 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen! Any pics of this place?

#15 11 years ago

Although I think Upper Michigan is where it is at!

+1

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why don't I live in michigan

Seems like most of you Illinois people are here on summer weekends as it is.
    (Kidding, but tourism is a huge business here)

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Seems like most of you Illinois people are here on summer weekends as it is.
    (Kidding, but tourism is a huge business here)

It's funny that you mention that. My wife and I are currently house hunting for a vacation home in St. Joseph. Amazing beach there.

#19 11 years ago

The 50 pin deal is an event coming up in October. Should be a great time for everyone!

http://www.facebook.com/events/239240092863559/

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

Michigan is awesome

-1.. ha.

Unless you are talking about Les from Hardcore Pawn. Now that guy is awesome. I bet he is doing wonders for Detroit tourism.

#21 11 years ago

#22 11 years ago

Lol. Depends on where you see it I guess.

Yeah um, I guess?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Why aren't there any places like this in California??

There are, come to the Bay Area - Pacific Pinball Museum (50ish pins) and Playland-not-at-the-beach (25ish pins)

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah um, I guess?

Well, my guess, is you've never strayed too far off the main roads

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_johnson:

The Pyramid Scheme In Grand Rapids Mi. apparently now has 50 pins. At least I'm assuming they have these pins currently. I knew they had a dozen or so but not 50!

Actually, we have 17 machines at the Pyramid Scheme. They include:

Attack from Mars, Avatar, Bride of Pinbot, Cirqus Voltaire, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Getaway: High Speed 2, Iron Man, Judge Dredd, Jurassic Park, Medieval Madness, Simpsons Pinball Party, Star Wars, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Terminator 2, Twilight Zone and WHO dunnit,

The 50 machines you are referring to are for the Pyramid Pinball event that we are having October 6th thru 7th. This will be our first pinball show. We are close to that number but are still looking for people who are interested in bringing a machine or two, which gets you free admission.

If you are interested in bringing a game or have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Rodney

#27 11 years ago

Well, my guess, is you've never strayed too far off the main roads

Well no, but I don't go to a town like that to hang out in the shitty part. Obviously it's going to have crappy parts to it, it's the 2nd biggest city in the state. Guess I'll just go hang out in Detroit, or Saginaw, or Flint, or Bay city......etc etc
    Chicago is a nice city too.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from debaser:

The 50 machines you are referring to are for the Pyramid Pinball event that we are having October 6th thru 7th. This will be our first pinball show. We are close to that number but are still looking for people who are interested in bringing a machine or two, which gets you free admission.

If you are interested in bringing a game or have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for the correction and info Rodney. I'm looking forward to going!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_johnson:

Thanks for the correction and info Rodney. I'm looking forward to going!

You bet. See you there!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well no, but I don't go to a town like that to hang out in the shitty part. Obviously it's going to have crappy parts to it, it's the 2nd biggest city in the state. Guess I'll just go hang out in Detroit, or Saginaw, or Flint, or Bay city......etc etc
    Chicago is a nice city too.

lol true. I'm just joking bud. I love downtown in the "new" Detroit (makes me think of Robocop) but it's not cool to get lost around there. Even in broad daylight. You'll see some crazy shit.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from debaser:

Actually, we have 17 machines at the Pyramid Scheme. They include:
    Attack from Mars, Avatar, Bride of Pinbot, Cirqus Voltaire, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Getaway: High Speed 2, Iron Man, Judge Dredd, Jurassic Park, Medieval Madness, Simpsons Pinball Party, Star Wars, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Terminator 2, Twilight Zone and WHO dunnit,
    Rodney

Great pins, great beer. Bravo to you guys for having such a great place. See you in October, for sure!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-rapids-pinball-scene-50-pins-at-one-location and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.