Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

301.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Has anyone played one of these? I'd like input on game play. There is one for sale a couple hrs away, and I might go look at it. It is a conversion kit, with only 150 kits made. Would this qualify for the "rarest pin you own" thread, being it's a conversion? It has sounds issues, so maybe he'll come down on the price.

301.jpg301.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Never played or seen one, but I have heard of them. I think the company that made these kits was run by Gary Stern. Anybody know the history? What were they conversions for?

#3 12 years ago

'301/Bulls Eye' was a conversion kit for all the Bally electronic 4-player games of the period (excludes 'The Six Million Dollar Man' and widebody games). The kit included cabinet decals. See flyer for details.

We contacted this manufacturer in May 2010 and asked about this game. Their Sales Manager replied, "The Bullseye/301 was only built as a kit. It was designed to fit in the operator's existing cabinets. We produced 150 units. It was the only pinball Grand Products, Inc. ever made."

This is what IPMDB has to say about it.

Would be cool to own one. The price is right. He says the playfield & BG are in perfect shape.

#4 12 years ago

Looks like it would be pretty neat. Wonder what the cabinet started as?

#5 12 years ago

Looks like another rare candidate for the golf outing. I hope you have a big truck, Bill!

#6 12 years ago

Thinking twice on this one. When he stated it has sound issues, he didn't tell me it's missing the sound board. He has one on loan, but it doesn't come with the machine, and it's not for sale. I think as there's only 150 made, this would be hard to find, and if you find one, your going to pay blood for it. He says he was thinking of making one, but that seems like a pain in the butt. He has high res pics of the board, and said he had planned on sending it in to get a board made, then populating it himself. Anyone know how much (rough guess) it would cost to get a blank board (with runs) made? Thanks,

Bill

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Thinking twice on this one

Bigbill55, you may be doing the right thing; I mean ANY parts for this machine have the potential to be hard to get which usually equates to higher costs. First thing I'd do is contact the manufacturer again and see if it uses parts that are common to most other pins. The reason I say this is because they told you it was the only pinball Grand Products ever made...... I'm not trying to turn you against purchasing, I'm just saying know where you are going before you do. I hope all goes good for you as it actually looks like a cool pin.

#8 12 years ago

I offered $150. He accepted my offer. I can't say I've ever played a pin with no sound. Have to do some thinking on this like I said. Price seems fair enough, but try and find a sound card. He found one, and the person will not sell to a friend. That puts RED flags up for me. Just wondering if I want to hunt down a sound board for this. Going to be tough.

Forgot to mention, it doesn't have the cabinet decals either. The cabinet is painted black.

#9 12 years ago

The mnaufacturer should be able to put you on the decals I would think; as for the sound card you might want to put some (wanted to buy) posts out on the pinball classifieds etc., or then again mabe the manufacturer can help there as well. I mean even if they don't have what you need they may be able to point you in the right direction.

#10 12 years ago

Does the price seem fair?

Just sent off an E-Mail to the manufacturer.

#11 12 years ago

I'm going to buy it. He is going to include high res pics of the board, and a complete parts breakdown. I talked to my Electronic's wiz buddy. He's going to make the board for me. This guy could build a Space Shuttle out of a toaster!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Neffs, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-products-bullseye-301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.