Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by boo32
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I am having center drains from the right saucer on Grand Prix and from the saucer on Sharpshooter. The left saucer on Grand Prix consistently ejects the ball to the flipper. There is wear around the lip of the saucer on Grand Prix, but there is no wear on Sharpshooter. Both games are level, but still having the center drain.

Is there a method of tweaking the saucer to guide the ball eject away from the center drain?

#2 3 years ago

My Grand Prix seems to go through phases where it center drains from one saucer or the other. But it's not consistent. I haven't bothered trying to tweak it. I just figure, "That's pinball"

Often, I can save the SDTM ones with a slap save.

#3 3 years ago

You should be able to bend the tip of the kicker that hits the ball out of the saucer. Don't bend it a lot. Just a little until it kicks it where you want.

#4 3 years ago

Bintzknocker, I grew up in Rosemount. Let me know if you're ever interested in guests checking out your collection. It would be nice to meet some fellow pinheads next time I visit my parents in Apple Valley.

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

My Sharpshooter was doing the same thing. I raised the playfield incline to 6 1/2 degrees and the kick-out hole was an instant drain. I did what bintzknocker said, tweaked the end of the kick-out actuator and now it hits the left flipper. I also had to tweak the guide on the left side of the playfield beside the drop targets as it was also an instant drain at that angle. Made the game almost unplayable. It's now a lot of fun to play again.

2 months later
#6 3 years ago

I had luck with increasing my incline. Thanks for the good advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside