• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

My Grand Prix started to have this issue intermittently. It will countdown bonus at the end of one player's turn, go through the reset sequences, advance players, but not kick the ball out. then the game thinks the next person drained, it will count down bonus for them, go through the reset sequences, advance players, then kick the ball out. See video below at the 8:20 mark.

thanks in advance for the help!

#2 6 years ago

I would look at the ball index relay switch B- second from bottom of the stack. Thats in circut to the player reset relay through switch C (top) on that relay. You could get a reset via this... other possibilites may also be relevant but I would at least check these switches carefully and confirm relays are functioning as intended.

#3 6 years ago

Check out about 16 on the schematic, from the M/B on the Outhole relay thru to the Ball Release coil. This includes 4A on the score motor.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks. Refresh me how the score motor wheels are numbered? I know some you don’t count. From left to right if I’m facing the backbox and looking down at it, how are they numbered?

#5 6 years ago

Motor -> Index, 1-5, Impulse, Impulse Forward

#6 6 years ago

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

Thanks again. Haven’t got to messing with it. Probably get after it Saturday.

10 months later
#8 5 years ago

Finally think I have this licked. The issue was the switch stack #4 on the score motor. This has 7 switches on it. Three of them I needed to clean really well and gap perfectly to fix the issue. They were:

Top eject
R&L eject
Ball release

So basically if the ball would go into the top saucer or either side saucer, or the outhole, sometimes the ball wouldn’t kick out on the first pass of the score motor. It would take two to three times then it would kick out.

So I cleaned the switches really well and gapped them a few different times and it seems to have fixed it.

Man that was super annoying. I’ll report back if that is not a permanent solution, but for now I’m marking this as resolved. Thanks for all that helped!!

3 years later
#9 1 year ago

Bringing this back as the issue is still here and I cannot fix it. One last try before I sell the game.

Every time it skips a player, the game counts bonus, moves to next player, barely kicks the ball, scores 1k points validating the playfield, ball falls back into outhole, counts bonus for the player that is now up, then moves onto the next player and kicks the ball out.

The score motor switch stack associated with the saucer kickouts and outhole is adjusted and cleaned ten times over. I’m convinced this is not the issue.

Thanks!

#10 1 year ago

I think the part that needs attention is why is the game scoring 1,000 pts when this issue occurs?

I have gapped all the 1k switches in the game so there is no chance one is too close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-skipping-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.