Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
00BA7F67-97E2-4A87-B9E5-733C806BE49C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210723_193431932 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Picked up a huo GP today, very rare, but it looks to be every bit huo. Guy has had it since 1979 and it has 7500 plays on it. Nicest game I’ve ever seen. Everything works on the playfield, but it has a player and ball count issue. Start a game and it’s immediately on ball 2, then plays through first three players despite only pressing start once. After it gets to player 3, it then goes back to player 1, where it seems to stay and never advances to next player or end a game. I am not an em guy, and could use some help where to start. I shot a video. Thanks for the help.

#4 2 years ago

Here is my by ball count unit. It looks like it's on ball 2. Its very tough to rotate it, but I was able was to rotate the unit just enough so that it now starts on ball 1. Should it move more freely like the coin unit? Game stays stuck on ball 1

I was able to figure out the coin unit, it was set on 4 players. I rotated so that it’s on 1 player, but it won’t stay on 1 player and moves to the 2 player slot. So now all games are 2 player. Is there a way to get it to hold on the 1 player position?

PXL_20210723_193431932 (resized).jpgPXL_20210723_193431932 (resized).jpg
00BA7F67-97E2-4A87-B9E5-733C806BE49C (resized).jpeg00BA7F67-97E2-4A87-B9E5-733C806BE49C (resized).jpeg

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I know we don’t normally kiss and tell here on Pinside, but I think you deserve the bragging rights if you got such a nice Grand Prix at a great price. So please do tell, what did you pay for it?
I have passed on over 15 Grand Prix’s over the years because I’m holding out for a nice example. Nice find!

Lol, I never kiss and tell...price doesnt matter as I'm going to keep it. It's just so nice, never seen one like this. Just need help with these stepper units. The player count doesn't seem to want to hold in place for just one player and the ball count stepper seems as though it's seized. I can't rotate it Do these get rebuilt? Seems as though I have it narrowed down, but I don't know enough yet on what to look for or how they are supposed to work to fix it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Chimes weren't working, easy fix, broken wires off the solenoids.

#9 2 years ago

It appears the ball count unit is seized, the wheel will not turn at all and activating the coils does nothing. I think my first step on that one is to pull the wheel and clean it.

On the player count, the mechanism on the coin unit that resets the wheel is hitting the flat part of the wheel so it can’t lock at player 1 and slides to player 2. I think I need to loosen the wheel and rotate it back a couple of cogs to reset it. Does this seem correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-scoring-player-issue?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.