• Latest reply 10 months ago by vipertblck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Grand Prix Motor Run (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

when starting a fresh game, the INDEX cam should have the divit at the 12 o' clock position, as it does when I trigger the reset coils and everything starts a new game. if I play a ball and it closes the outhole switch, or even advance to 2,3, or 4 players, when the cams spin, they stop EARLY leaving the divit on the index cam at about the 11 o' clock position. this is wrong, as I have another grand prix and I confirmed that anytime the cams spin, the index cam should stop with the divit at the 12 o' clock position.

by stopping early, the cams are in the wrong spot and it's not allowing proper functions of issues i'm having. I've narrowed this down and figured it all out, by rotating the cam by hand to the proper position, everything is working ok.

CONCERN IS.....what controls where and when the cams stop? if I manually push the reset coils, like I said it'll go to the 12 o'clock position as it should, but when a ball is drained or players are added, it stops early. the only thing I feel MAY be a culprit is a freeplay button that's aftermarket on the front. it ties into two wires on the coin door (yellow/red & blue orange). I traded these wires on my other game (which doesn't have a button added in)and they just dead end, not hooked to anything.

please help

#2 10 months ago

The top switch on the Index cam is usually the Motor Run switch that keeps the motor running until it reaches the next index position.
Grand Prix Motor Run (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The top switch on the Index cam is usually the Motor Run switch that keeps the motor running until it reaches the next index position.
[quoted image]
/Mark

you sir, are a genius!! 100% what the issue was; minor adjustment of that top switch and it stops everytime in the correct position! THANK YOU!!!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside