Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vipertblck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture1 (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).png
    Capture (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

My score motor was giving me trouble like this. Stopping late. Same issue of balls getting stuck in kickouts. Cleaning the gear release on the drive shaft fixed mine. The gears continue to turn after the power is cut. There is a gear on a spring on the driveshaft is pulled into position by the powered motor, and is supposed to spring back when power is cut so that the cams don't continue to turn

Quoted from vipertblck:

thanks! it's almost as if I need to re-set the timing on mine though....if that makes sense. focusing on the index cam, mines stopping too early. needs to stop at the 12 o clock position and it's stopping at the 11. it seems as if something is telling it to stop too early though. if I manually trigger the reset relay with my finger, it'll reset and cycle through everything and stop in the correct position at 12 o clock, but if I hit the button on the front of the cabinet it stops at 11 o clock. there is a freeplay doorbell adapter hooked up to the front that seems to override the main original red button somehow, could this be tied to my issue somehow?
    also did you have any guide or something explaining the cleaning procedure you did on your score motor?

I had a similair issue on Bally Night Rider and I shot some PB Blaster in it and worked grwat.

Edit I should have stated the little wheel that pulls in when the motor runs is where I sprayed PB Blaster.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-outhole-issue?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.