20160927_125425 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
G.P. Match (resized).JPG
zGrand-Prix-Work-6 (resized).jpg
zGrand-Prix-Work-5 (resized).jpg
1232-enriched (resized).jpg
zGrand-Prix-Work-4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a grand prix i have got to working pretty good. The only problem left is i can not get it to award credits for beating the scores. I have made sure i have the wires hooked up right. The other wire is in the credit spot not the extra ball. The thing is the game will not award credits when you beat the scores. I have looked at the schematics. I have got to where on most stuff i can figure out the schematics. I can not figure out anything on this credit for betting scores deal. Does anyone know what could cause it not to award credits?

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. It does not award an extra ball if set there. It is the same on all 4 players no credit awarded. The credit unit works properly when i put coins(quarters) in. Just tested match unit. The match unit does not move at this time. It stays on 80. I made my game end with 80 up and it did not give a credit.

#7 7 years ago

I cleaned that switch. It is making good contact. Still no credits awarded.

#9 7 years ago

The match unit is all there and hooked up. It is missing the spring right now. I can manually move it and make it go to all numbers 00 to 90. I am just trying to get the high score feature working for now.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks guys. It will be monday before i am able to get back on it. Wizardblom i will check the game over relay. Rolf i will do all of those test hoping to find the problem. I will report back as soon as i check it all out.

#15 7 years ago

Rolf, what do you mean by tip on? Like in the jpeg you have only tip on.

#17 7 years ago

Ok Rolf the first 3 tests made the credit unit step up. I am now back to your post 12. I am a little confused on this part of it. You have on the jpg for easyer testing want to manipulate "H-G" temporary closed. This switch is normally closed right unless the 10,000 relay is energized? Should the credit unit step up for all the test in jpg in post 12? Would the pin need to be in game over to test B, C, D? How does the 10 point relay get used in this circuit? I am confused.

#19 7 years ago

Doing both of those tests added credits

#20 7 years ago

Rolf you did see where the match will not award credits either. The special does award credits when lit.

#22 7 years ago

I established a permanent jumper between C and F. I do not make a replay when i score over 9900 points. 10000 no replay of player 1

#23 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf for the help.

#26 7 years ago

Pin-it thanks, that plug is set to on. It would only make the match not work i think.

#27 7 years ago

Rolf, the coil fires at F,G,H what do you think i should do next? Thanks again for helping.

#32 7 years ago

Rolf i want to make sure i am checking the right switch for G and H. I know for sure the relay i am checking is 10,000 relay. The blade i am checking is the right colors blue for G and black and white for H. This switch i am checking is a normally closed switch. Here is a pic of it. This pic is with machine off. Maybe schematic is wrong on this switch?

20160927_125425 (resized).jpg20160927_125425 (resized).jpg

20160927_130747 (resized).jpg20160927_130747 (resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago

Rolf thank you very much. It was the wrong switch i was checking. I figured this out when i just happen to see a loose wire. The black and white wire had came off of the blade. I hooked it back up. Then it gave me a free play every 10,000 points. I pulled the permanent jumper off and it quit giving free plays every 10,000. It does now give free plays at the high scores that is set on it. I now have to check the match funtion. The problem with the high scores not giving free plays was a wire had feel off. Thanks again

#36 7 years ago

I am going to mark this topic solved and start a new one on match feature. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-not-awarding-credits-based-on-scores?tu=pinballman3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.