View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
gp relay (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

1976Grand Prix - when ball leaves playfield i receive no score at all on reels, lights count down like supposed to and everything resets normal but "no score" is added to reels from left or right side when lane is lighted ,(neither one)What controls this bonus to be added to reels ? Also the lock relay Z-29-1250, in the in bottom cabinet board (last position in back right) stays energized as soon as machine has power. I have unhooked it and doesn't seem to do anything, what is this for and do i need it or can i just zip tie it and leave unhooked ? picture included, i know i broke it but don't want to replace unless i have to.

gp relay (resized).jpggp relay (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock-Pin-Roll:

Also the lock relay Z-29-1250, in the in bottom cabinet board (last position in back right) stays energized as soon as machine has power. I have unhooked it and doesn't seem to do anything, what is this for and do i need it or can i just zip tie it and leave unhooked ? picture included, i know i broke it but don't want to replace unless i have to.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 3 years ago

when ball leaves playfield i receive no score at all on reels, lights count down like supposed to and everything resets normal but "no score" is added to reels from left or right side when lane is lighted ,(neither one)What controls this bonus to be added to reels ?

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for info but when lock switch is working or not game over relay works fine, doesn't seem to do anything.
Also both left and right bonus work just doesn't add any score when counting down on either side when lighted. can't figure what it uses to send Paulse to score reels to get any score points.

#5 3 years ago

Also both left and right bonus work just doesn't add any score when counting down on either side when lighted. can't figure what it uses to send Paulse to score reels to get any score points.

Check the Outhole sw. and also the M/B sw. D on the Outhole relay.

#6 3 years ago

If the 1000 Point relay doesn't activate when this happens,
Starting with this switch on the Ball Index relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-no-bonus-score-when-ball-leaves-playfield-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.