(Topic ID: 254587)

Grand Prix- left bonus unit advancing too much?

By pindude80

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191104_204427 (resized).jpg
Grand Prix 500 relay (resized).jpg
Grand Prix LR Advance relays 3 (resized).jpg
Grand Prix Left Spinner Unit (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_200158 (resized).jpg
Grand Prix Left Advance relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

I doubt its in the stepper it basically cannot be, thats not how the jones plug switch could ever work to make rhat change. The stepper sends a signal through every contact at every rotation. Its whoch contact and which switch closure on another ray that determines this. You need to go find where in the schematic the jones plug program to advance one two or three is actually executed. You also need to look hard at the jones and make sure wires and contacts look good.

Always remember to interpret others advice through your own experience and the manual and schematic. I own and have extensively restored this game so I am posting because I think your looking up the wrong tree... but I did not go through schematic so i could be wrong. Just FYI.

#15 4 years ago

Schematic and manual are both on IPDB. Also- manual is incredibly informative and very very packed with useful info. Not sure if your using them but you absolutely need to be doing so.

#17 4 years ago

My point is that the advance every x switch is failing. It ALWAYS sees an advance every X and the fact that yours ADVANCES at the wrong interval DOES NOT mean there is any issue in wires from the spinner. Your wasting time. A switch or another component had failed to BREAK that connection. The fact it works on whatever number of spins it does now, indicates that somewhere there is a switcg stack or contact that should be rerouting the signal and ignoring the trigger your seeing it fire at. It failed to take the command from the jones plug change. Its not the spinner or highly unlikey to be so.

Maybe I am wrong. I will not post again so as to leave this alone. Maybe its late....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-left-bonus-unit-advancing-too-much?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.