• Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I have this grand nearly 100 percent working. I'm down to the last issue. One of the 4th player digits won't reset on startup. It just doesn't move. However if I zero it out manually and play the game it score just fine. So it's not the coil. It is one of the digits that does not have the bakelite board. Where do you think the issue would be?

Thanks
Mike

#2 5 years ago

Cleaned the contacts on the score reset relays?

#3 5 years ago

No I have not. So I should check the test relays I take it?

#4 5 years ago

Check the last few pages of the manual, find the contact for your specific reel and make sure it's clean and making contact properly: https://www.ipdb.org/files/1072/Williams_1976_Grand_Prix_Manual.pdf

Does the game start without the reel being reset or do you need to put it to zero before the game will start?

#5 5 years ago

Which digit is it?

#6 5 years ago

I have to put it to zero. It does score correct in game mode

#7 5 years ago

On the chance that you were replying to me, which of the 10, 100, 1000, 10000 or 100000 digits is it?

#8 5 years ago

4th digit from the left. The 100s

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

One of the 4th player digits won't reset on startup

Quoted from nocreditdot:

4th digit from the left. The 100s

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#10 5 years ago

Thanks guys.. it was actually a cold solder joint where the wire attached to the switch. I cleaned all the contacts until found that. Feeling my way through my first EM project. Good news is cosmetically I will have a nice grand prix.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Thanks guys.. it was actually a cold solder joint where the wire attached to the switch. I cleaned all the contacts until found that. Feeling my way through my first EM project. Good news is cosmetically I will have a nice grand prix.

Very common on williams. Always give em a tug!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.