• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cheddar
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Schematic Partial (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am working on a Williams Grand Prix and I have it working well as a one player game. Clicking the credit button with player 1's ball in the shooter lane does not add additional players.

Here is the state of the game with the ball in the shooter lane:
Coin Unit is on player 1 i.e. at the reset position
Credit Unit is wired for free play with top 2 switches jumped and 0 position switch open but still fires the Credit Unit Reset Coil
Game Over relay is latched on
All reels show 0
Playfield switches are active

Pressing the Credit Button fires the reset relay. I am pretty sure this is wrong. Looking at the schematic (still a noob) I think the reset relay should not fire so the current can flow through a NC switch to the Coin Unit Step Up. As it is the Reset Relay fires the Coin Unit Reset and leaves it on single player.

Here is the relevant section of the Schematic:Schematic Partial (resized).pngSchematic Partial (resized).png

What confuses me is the Game Over Relay NO switch that is letting current go to the Reset Relay. When latched isn't that switch going to always be closed?

Anybody see what I am missing?

Thanks

#3 6 years ago

Fixed it. Was switch C on the game over relay. Looked open when latched but it was not

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-cannot-add-more-than-player-1?tu=Cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.