(Topic ID: 168340)

Grand prix 100 not scoring

By pinballman3

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a williams em grand prix machine that the 100 will not score on any player. What happens is if i hit say the pop bumper which is 100 the chime will ring no score will go up and the 100 relay will pull in and stick on. If i manually pull the 100 relay out it will do the same thing over or manually score 100 and make the end of stroke switch open up it will release the 100 relay. If i hit the side switches that is suppose to score 500 and up bonus. It ups the bonus but does not score. Does anyone know what would make the 100 relay not make any of the score reels score. Is there a score motor switch that helps control that? Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Have you made sure that the contact on the 100 point relay that makes the connection to the reels is closing properly?

#3 7 years ago

That switch is shown on the schematic as W-O / R-G (white with orange tracer <-> red with green tracer).

#4 7 years ago

The 100 pt relay locks on until the selected player drum unit steps up. Then, an end-of-stroke switch on the drum unit opens and shuts off the 100 pt relay. This circuit ensures that a very short switch closure from the playfield will reliably register as score. Since none of your drum units is stepping up, the EOS switch never opens and the 100 pt relay stays stuck on.

There are two main places to check for this problem. The first is at the 100 pt relay itself. There is a switch on the relay that must close to supply power to the selected 100 pt drum unit and make it step up. Be sure all the switches on the 100 pt relay are clean and gapped properly so that the selected 100 pt drum unit gets power when the relay pulls in. Also, check to be sure there are no wires broken off at the switch solder lugs.

The other place to check is on the player unit. This is a stepper in the head that selects which player is "up." There are sets of fingers on this unit that select which set of drum units gets the scoring pulses from the score relays. If the finger that selects the 100 pt drum unit for score is not making good contact, then none of the 100 pt drum units will step up. So, check to be sure the fingers and the circuit board are clean and that all the fingers are making good contact with the board. Also check to be sure that the fingers are aligned properly with the contacts on the circuit board. And, check to be sure there are no wires broken off at the circuit board solder lugs.

- TimMe

#5 7 years ago

Thanks everyone it was the switch on the 100 point relay not making. Seems so simple but i racked my brain with everything else but never thought of that. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-100-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.