Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

295794543_588214913029839_8914066685649711063_n (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220726-073836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-073239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    System 11B Top (resized).png
    20220611_000930 (resized).jpg
    20220611_001002 (resized).jpg
    pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

If the flipper relays are missing for the non-fliptronics games it's not going to work.

The problem seems to stem from the sale of a one board for all WPC89 games, and it does not have the flipper relay nor the optocouplers installed for the non-fliptronic games.

https://pinballbasement.com/collections/wpc89-boards/products/a-12697-wpc89-power-driver-board

1 week later
    #117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I did update the site, will be reaching out with some sort of I'm sorry gift for those affected by the confusion

Terminator 2 is another one of such pre-fliptronix games. It still shows on your list of supported games. https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524

3 weeks later
    #122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I did update the site, will be reaching out with some sort of I'm sorry gift for those affected by the confusion

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Terminator 2 is another one of such pre-fliptronix games. It still shows on your list of supported games. https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524

Still showing listed 22 days later.

2 months later
    #140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Waiting on a new wpc 89 board. I got my shipping label quick but I think Charlie had a 5 day delay before they were shipped. Also judging by the package routing and timing it seems like that region of usps is slower than what I’ve seen from other states around USA
    This will be my second aftermarket wpc board (had no success with the first from another seller) so as long as it works I will be happy.

Having a tracking number is not a guarantee of it shipping. Just means it is being built soon.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

For sure, they were in stock and ready or ship before I paid.

Most times is not the case. Look at post #136.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Yes, I should have said I confirmed stock before I paid.
    Paid Aug 19
    Shipping label Aug 21
    Item actually shipped Aug 28
    Just trying to give people here some context if they ordered a wpc 89 board recently

Ok. So where is your package currently according to your tracking number?

4 months later
    #253 2 years ago
    Quoted from Terranigma:

Also some boards are missing chips like U20 etc. (I know the ASIC, CPU, rom etc isn't included but RAM and the U20 I think should be)

Any guidance?

Website says should only be transferring over the ASIC and Game ROMs. I would ask for a replacement board, especially the way this board looks.

2 weeks later
    #341 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Anyone know if that u18 bridged could damage anything else? I’ve got all my controlled lights now but in single lamp test some of them light up more than one lamp.

Are you using non-ghosting LEDs, just regular LEDs, or incandescent bulbs?

Regular LEDs will exhibit this issue even with the original WPC driver board. So you need to switch to non-ghosting LEDs or incandescent bulbs or add the LED-OCD board.

1 month later
    #398 2 years ago

Friend bought 2 WPC MPU boards at TPF. One worked and one has switch errors, along with a dead row of insert lamps, and at least one non-working coil.

#400 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Friends don't let friends buy from Pinball Basement

I did not find out he bought them until Sunday, which Pinball Basement had already packed up and left TPF sometime Saturday evening.

4 weeks later
    #410 1 year ago
    Quoted from kungfucop:

I'd like to add for the record, Charlie finally did send me a replacement MPU board to replace the defective one I initially got, so he was true to his word.
    The board took over 2 months to arrive after I first received the tracking info, but I get that Charlie was at the Texas PF and with added delay clearing customs being an international shipment. I received the MPU about 2 weeks ago but only got around to testing it this weekend. I'm happy to report this MPU appears to work fine, for the limited amount of testing I did. He even tossed in a chip/IC puller at no charge.
    I do hope anyone that has customer issues around Pinball Basement will eventually be resolved. That is the only way Charlie will be able to restore our faith in his products and company.

And how is the solder on the IC legs?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-opening-of-the-pinball-basement-check-it-out?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.