Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

295794543_588214913029839_8914066685649711063_n (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220726-073836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-073239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    System 11B Top (resized).png
    20220611_000930 (resized).jpg
    20220611_001002 (resized).jpg
    pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have held off pilling on and kept hoping that I would get a response, but did not. I bought and paid for a WPC 89 Power Board 5 months ago. It took several months to be shipped, even though I had a shipping notification, but the tracking number said that only a label had been printed. I was elated when it showed up. It looked great. Even posted a picture of it on top of my Bally Dr. Who machine. I wanted a spare board, as the working board was from Germany. PINLED. I had recently the month before performed a restoration, paint job and re-decal of the entire pinball.
    I unplugged the working board, taking note of each plug # I unplugged. I installed the Pinball Basement Board, checking off each plug as I progressed. I turned the machine on and the game booted up, the lights flashed like usual in attract mode. I started a game, a ball launched but the flippers did not flip. I turned the machine off and back on. Same result. I opened the back box up and started measuring all the Test Point voltages. They were all in range.
    I took the Pinball basement board out and put the 2005 German board in (3 times). Checking off each plug on my master list, on the way off and back on.
    Long story short....The original board made the game work, the Pinball Basement did not work the Fliptronics 2 flippers. I emailed, I sent pictures of his board installed, I Pm'd and several weeks later, I got a message that he stood behind his product and would exchange the board and send me mailing label. That never happened.
    A month later, I noticed he was attending PINFEST as a vendor in Allentown PA. I sent him a message that I would return the board in person and he said he would have an exchange board for me. Guess what. He did not have an exchange board available. I left him the non-working board, with his promise of sending me a new board. Well, that was a month ago. All I got was another shipping notification a week after PINFEST. But that is only that a label was created.
    I sent an email earlier this week asking when I would be expecting my board. And no response. I have read that he is having health problems. I also see that he is still advertising here on Pinside for those same boards. So unsuspecting buyers are still probably sending money and getting a shipping notification. That sure is a different business practice. I am still holding on to hope that this situation will turn itself around. Good thing my machine is still working with the old boards.

Damn... I bought a WPC89 MPU and driver board recently for my addams family restoration because I wanted "the best." I havent tested them yet and now Im worried.

5 months later
    #333 2 years ago

I am so frustrated with this stuff right now. I bought boards months ago and have been trying to get my Addams family restoration working.

My lamp matrix was shorted and would do all sorts of weird things. I have been fooling with my game for months thinking it was my fault because it was a full playfield swap and tear down.

After reading some of the messy solder talk in this thread I pulled my driver board and find legs bridged on my u18 chip…

418429C9-4BA7-479E-A63A-142CA56EEFE2 (resized).jpeg418429C9-4BA7-479E-A63A-142CA56EEFE2 (resized).jpeg
    #336 2 years ago

Anyone know if that u18 bridged could damage anything else? I’ve got all my controlled lights now but in single lamp test some of them light up more than one lamp.

3 weeks later
    #358 2 years ago

Just saw in another thread Pinball Basement is planning on making WPC harnesses at some point.

Can you imagine the cluster that would be with no support and subpar testing? No thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-opening-of-the-pinball-basement-check-it-out?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.