Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

295794543_588214913029839_8914066685649711063_n (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220726-073836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-073239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    System 11B Top (resized).png
    20220611_000930 (resized).jpg
    20220611_001002 (resized).jpg
    pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I finally got my replacement Bally WPC power board, that he just announced he has 200 of. I opened the box and a transistor and heat sink literally fell off the board. He claimed it was shipping problem! I sent him a picture of a lack of solder on the 3 prongs of the transistor. His come back was that cold solder joints happen sometimes. WTF? He claimed the board was tested (this time), as last board did not operate the flippers. I am done with him and his products. He sent me return label. I don't think so! No more waiting months to get another broken board. My loss and lesson learned. Pictures to follow.

Just keep the board and solder in the missing components if you can. Will be a lot easier than shipping a return, which could easily be damaged in transit back to him anyway.

#198 2 years ago

Which board are you needing?

3 months later
    #236 2 years ago

If he doesn't reply just issue a credit card chargeback and use a real proven product like DumbAss's boards.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

2 weeks later
    #241 2 years ago

What untested junk this guy is selling!

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Board was fully tested before shipment. I would have exchanged the board if contacted.

Can you prove that?

#246 2 years ago

I mean, I can see several solder joints with poor or no connection:
    20220116_192528 (resized).jpg20220116_192528 (resized).jpg20220116_192723 (resized).jpg20220116_192723 (resized).jpg

20220116_192915 (resized).jpg20220116_192915 (resized).jpg
    #259 2 years ago

Why does this type of thing continue to get past QA? Or is there any QA?

#262 2 years ago

I'm sure if you ever decide to be a customer of mine, I can help you out. Until then...?

You're expecting your customers to take a gamble on an untested board and reach out to you for support on the back end?

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I agree it isn't good BUT they will be connected top the top traces via the 'vias' - the plated through holes in the PCB.
    As long as they are soldered on the bottom this won't prevent connections.

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree. vec-tor confirmed bad solder connections due to insufficient solder. Ruggedbeef had chips that looked like they were falling off of the board with some kind of residue on the chip legs. When soldering components it's critical your solder bath wicks up solder into the top portion of the pad as well to ensure good electrical and mechanical connection. When I solder a through hole component on a PCB I always ensure the solder has enough time to wick through to the other side of the pad.

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Thermal cycles will break poor joints sooner or later.

Yep, even if something is connected now, it likely won't be connected later if the solder is poor from the beginning. That and mechanical vibration.

#275 2 years ago

There is no reason for the moderators to close this thread. It's open discussion. I mean, we asked questions and gave you multiple opportunities to address the issues. You're just taking your ball and going home now? Not a good look.

Nobody likes having these conversations, especially with a new line of products that could be amazing if the kinks were worked out. We may actually need a buyer beware thread now, unfortunately.

#291 2 years ago

Contacting me through pinside with a name such as ruggedbeef does not correlate to an order number, name, or any other identifying element.

That's... really kind of silly. It's not difficult to send a quick reply asking Pinside users to confirm the information you need. Ignoring them for months?

#294 2 years ago

Can you tell me which mark contacted me?

Not if you didn't ask for more info. I work in customer service and we always ask for more details when someone reaches out to us.

#300 2 years ago

Now that a standard has been set and automatic emails will be letting people contacting me through various means how to reach me directly this saves a lot of time and confusion.

I agree. Thanks for not leaving Pinside. We just want your business to succeed. Without Rottendog I think there's only one other reliable source for OEM spec replacement boards (Dumbass). We definitely need more options.

1 week later
    #342 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Missed the Fine print after that — FULLY TESTED (by customer, after they install it)

Quoted from Tophervette:

I don't believe that a valid test was done.

642f1f (resized).jpg642f1f (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #360 2 years ago

And yet it continues. ForceFlow I'm recommending a buyer beware thread that is pinned to the top. People are allegedly losing thousands in boards they are not receiving. Please at least look into Pinball Basement's Pinside account.

1 week later
    #376 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

But hey, he is building different boards for other pinballs to not work.

I love the way you worded that. Imagine spending so much time and money to knowingly build more crap that is literal nonfunctional e-waste before you put it in the box.

#389 2 years ago

File chargebacks?

2 weeks later
    #393 2 years ago

Can we report him to the FTC? If they get a bunch of complaints at once they may look into it.

#395 2 years ago

Link to video? I found a crappy one that shows their booth for about 5 seconds. Is this him on the right?

Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png

#402 2 years ago

Yeah I was about to say, how convenient they left before the end of just the second day of TPF.

#407 2 years ago

I would say small claims court would be the best approach. IANAL.

3 weeks later
    #408 1 year ago

So who else are you scamming this week, Charlie?

2 months later
    #435 1 year ago

We were supposed to meet at allentown, then I wasn't able to attend and your original boards got diverted to other orders. The next batch of drivers took longer than expected so shipping them kept getting delayed.
    Sorry for the issues.
    Refund timing through credit card chargeback process takes longer than when I hit the refund button.

Wait, so first you delay his refund then sell his boards (that you took his money for) to someone else??

#441 1 year ago

And Victor Tan is the complete and total opposite. Give him your money instead! Same product Charlie Peterson promised but the difference is Victor is a real businessman, not an imposter.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

#448 1 year ago

A good step in the right direction for sure. Especially since he has a "shop" on Pinside.

#456 1 year ago

I wonder how much extra business Victor is getting right about now?

#459 1 year ago

I wonder how he will respond to people demanding refunds on his new advertisement posts. Who wants to try?

#466 1 year ago
    0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
    #475 1 year ago

Well that's a scam in and of itself. Lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-opening-of-the-pinball-basement-check-it-out?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.