Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 479 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

295794543_588214913029839_8914066685649711063_n (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    0ec6307b0672b8a57158b8b42dc09b81.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220726-073836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-073239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    System 11B Top (resized).png
    20220611_000930 (resized).jpg
    20220611_001002 (resized).jpg
    pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg
    There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 2 years ago

This whole thing kinda reminds me of Brock and the BSD coffin mod scenario.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm out of touch even though it's what I spend my whole life doing
    I think this thread is a perfect example of what happens when people make a purchase online and get a shipment notification with a tracking number and nothing moves. Cuz, surprise!, when you get a shipment notification you expect it to be on its way.
    It's been fun, but gotta run! Lots of packages to ship before the day is up

Getting a tracking number assigned != shipment notification... but we've already established that.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Yes, I should have said I confirmed stock before I paid.
    Paid Aug 19
    Shipping label Aug 21
    Item actually shipped Aug 28
    Just trying to give people here some context if they ordered a wpc 89 board recently

Ok. So where is your package currently according to your tracking number?

#154 2 years ago

I have held off pilling on and kept hoping that I would get a response, but did not. I bought and paid for a WPC 89 Power Board 5 months ago. It took several months to be shipped, even though I had a shipping notification, but the tracking number said that only a label had been printed. I was elated when it showed up. It looked great. Even posted a picture of it on top of my Bally Dr. Who machine. I wanted a spare board, as the working board was from Germany. PINLED. I had recently the month before performed a restoration, paint job and re-decal of the entire pinball.

I unplugged the working board, taking note of each plug # I unplugged. I installed the Pinball Basement Board, checking off each plug as I progressed. I turned the machine on and the game booted up, the lights flashed like usual in attract mode. I started a game, a ball launched but the flippers did not flip. I turned the machine off and back on. Same result. I opened the back box up and started measuring all the Test Point voltages. They were all in range.

I took the Pinball basement board out and put the 2005 German board in (3 times). Checking off each plug on my master list, on the way off and back on.

Long story short....The original board made the game work, the Pinball Basement did not work the Fliptronics 2 flippers. I emailed, I sent pictures of his board installed, I Pm'd and several weeks later, I got a message that he stood behind his product and would exchange the board and send me mailing label. That never happened.

A month later, I noticed he was attending PINFEST as a vendor in Allentown PA. I sent him a message that I would return the board in person and he said he would have an exchange board for me. Guess what. He did not have an exchange board available. I left him the non-working board, with his promise of sending me a new board. Well, that was a month ago. All I got was another shipping notification a week after PINFEST. But that is only that a label was created.

I sent an email earlier this week asking when I would be expecting my board. And no response. I have read that he is having health problems. I also see that he is still advertising here on Pinside for those same boards. So unsuspecting buyers are still probably sending money and getting a shipping notification. That sure is a different business practice. I am still holding on to hope that this situation will turn itself around. Good thing my machine is still working with the old boards.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have held off pilling on and kept hoping that I would get a response, but did not. I bought and paid for a WPC 89 Power Board 5 months ago. It took several months to be shipped, even though I had a shipping notification, but the tracking number said that only a label had been printed. I was elated when it showed up. It looked great. Even posted a picture of it on top of my Bally Dr. Who machine. I wanted a spare board, as the working board was from Germany. PINLED. I had recently the month before performed a restoration, paint job and re-decal of the entire pinball.
    I unplugged the working board, taking note of each plug # I unplugged. I installed the Pinball Basement Board, checking off each plug as I progressed. I turned the machine on and the game booted up, the lights flashed like usual in attract mode. I started a game, a ball launched but the flippers did not flip. I turned the machine off and back on. Same result. I opened the back box up and started measuring all the Test Point voltages. They were all in range.
    I took the Pinball basement board out and put the 2005 German board in (3 times). Checking off each plug on my master list, on the way off and back on.
    Long story short....The original board made the game work, the Pinball Basement did not work the Fliptronics 2 flippers. I emailed, I sent pictures of his board installed, I Pm'd and several weeks later, I got a message that he stood behind his product and would exchange the board and send me mailing label. That never happened.
    A month later, I noticed he was attending PINFEST as a vendor in Allentown PA. I sent him a message that I would return the board in person and he said he would have an exchange board for me. Guess what. He did not have an exchange board available. I left him the non-working board, with his promise of sending me a new board. Well, that was a month ago. All I got was another shipping notification a week after PINFEST. But that is only that a label was created.
    I sent an email earlier this week asking when I would be expecting my board. And no response. I have read that he is having health problems. I also see that he is still advertising here on Pinside for those same boards. So unsuspecting buyers are still probably sending money and getting a shipping notification. That sure is a different business practice. I am still holding on to hope that this situation will turn itself around. Good thing my machine is still working with the old boards.

Damn... I bought a WPC89 MPU and driver board recently for my addams family restoration because I wanted "the best." I havent tested them yet and now Im worried.

#157 2 years ago

Almost caught up on driver orders, all mpu orders have gone out except for one or two replacement mpus.

Did a run of new drivers last night, these are the nicest ones so far and will be correcting any issues and reaching out to verify all problems are corrected.

I will go through the email and verify everyone is taken care of.

Sorry for the delays.

#158 2 years ago

Also, John your driver is one of the ones going out tomorrow.

#159 2 years ago

P. P. S. I will be doing a hard reset of types for the store. I have enough tooling and experience with what works and what doesn't that I can confidently get boards out faster and better. So no more sales for items that can't ship the same day.

MPU's will be my goal to work on and always have in stock. If the stock of that keeps up, I will start stocking drivers again. Once drivers are stocked I'll move onto the next product.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

#161 2 years ago

I'll be making it up to all customers, stay tuned.

#162 2 years ago

Board looks amazing and worked like a charm. Wish I would have went with you sooner, as I had headaches with other board brands!

Thank you Charlie !!

4F0C3EE4-9080-498A-B0F5-83127730DF48 (resized).jpeg4F0C3EE4-9080-498A-B0F5-83127730DF48 (resized).jpeg
    #163 2 years ago

Oof, no tracking updates yet

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Yep still waiting…

7 drivers went out today, will get these last few orders done and then move onto a new product line to add to the store.

#166 2 years ago

Hopefully, My replacement Driver is coming soon. Good News.

#167 2 years ago

So are wpc 89 mpus in stock?

#168 2 years ago

5 weeks since I placed my order. No shipping updates yet.

10 days since this message ^

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

You could have driven to Minneapolis and picked it up in less time.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

OK, so there was two John's and you were not the one I was thinking of. Will dug into this.

#171 2 years ago

OK, so there was two John's and you were not the one I was thinking of. Will dug into this.

Yikes, I think I can dig into the pinball-customs / brock thread and find just about this exact same quote after repeated shipping issues and ‘it’s in the mail’ .. I hope this mixup is legit but someone already said it once and I was thinking the exact same thing — communication and shipping issues very similar to pinball_customs.

Totally baffling to me this isn’t fixed or addressed. Just say hey it’s a hobby and I’ll try and ship it within a month but I can’t promise anything and don’t order if you’re in a rush? Unclear if it’s inventory problems or just lack of follow thru on shipping and/or communication. Very frustrating though when you want someone to succeed and they’ve got a good product

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Yikes, I think I can dig into the pinball-customs / brock thread and find just about this exact same quote after repeated shipping issues and ‘it’s in the mail’ .. I hope this mixup is legit but someone already said it once and I was thinking the exact same thing — communication and shipping issues very similar to pinball_customs.
    Totally baffling to me this isn’t fixed or addressed. Just say hey it’s a hobby and I’ll try and ship it within a month but I can’t promise anything and don’t order if you’re in a rush? Unclear if it’s inventory problems or just lack of follow thru on shipping and/or communication. Very frustrating though when you want someone to succeed and they’ve got a good product

It was a mix up in the sense that I had two open driver orders. I expedited one, but it was the wrong one. Both have gone out now.

It comes down to my process. I assemble the board, run the board through the machine, then I need to address any errors that may have come up from my older wave soldering machine.

I have X number of boards of each already soldered, but it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the board type to clear up any issues and make sure its up to standards.

Then there are the random times when I get a board that looks like it should function properly, but tests weird and I have to set it aside after looking at it for X amount of time. So when I thought I could ship 10, but only 7 drivers passed first inspection three get delayed until I can dig into it and address the not so obvious problem.

#173 2 years ago

I guess my replacement board is not one of the two open orders that have gone out now. As I did not get an email update about shipping, since the initial shipping label was created after Pinfest.

I guess I fall into the random time when boards don't function properly and has been set aside to build new boards. At this point, can I just get a refund?

I will understand if you continue to ignore the issue.

Chris

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I guess my replacement board is not one of the two open orders that have gone out now. As I did not get an email update about shipping, since the initial shipping label was created after Pinfest.
    I guess I fall into the random time when boards don't function properly and has been set aside to build new boards. At this point, can I just get a refund?
    I will understand if you continue to ignore the issue.
    Chris

Sorry Chris, you and one other customer have the driver label printed and ready to go. I will your board and the last of my open orders finished tomorrow.

You will see tracking update by 7PM.

#175 2 years ago

After I close out all open orders and outstanding exchanges, I will be doing runs of boards instead of on going runs. I.E. do them in batches and get them tested and prepped for shipping as they should have been.

System 11 is in progress, but bally will be done sooner as those boards are simpler.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #176 2 years ago

So are you hand stuffing them 1 by 1, then 1 at a time in the solder machine? That’s a bit of work!

Def seems like building up some stock and tieing it to quantity available online is a good route to go to alleviate shipping delays. Seems like a good amount of demand for this product!

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

So are you hand stuffing them 1 by 1, then 1 at a time in the solder machine? That’s a bit of work!
    Def seems like building up some stock and tieing it to quantity available online is a good route to go to alleviate shipping delays. Seems like a good amount of demand for this product!

I hand stuff the large components, the resistors and small caps are machine stuffed.

Ideally if I could raise $45k I would buy a new machine that would better solder these. For now I need to expand my offerings and stock ahead on products.

#178 2 years ago

I am taking a short break from pinside. You can still reach me through my website's contact information. Or via the pinball basement facebook page.

I am taking time to work on personal pinball projects as well as develop new product lines. Orders can still be taken through my site, but I won't be around here to answer questions.

I currently have 200 wpc89 drivers and 220 MPU 89's boards. Once these are sold, I will make a decision to put the revenue towards new products lines or back into another run of these boards.

Currently in progress boards that I am vetting and testing are:

Bally-35 MPU

IJ Large Lamp Board

IJ POA lamp boards

System 11 A/B/C MPU

Data East PPB

Sega/Stern MPU and Driver.

Game plan MPU, Displays

These runs will be smaller - 10-25 boards up for sale at a time until I can raise enough capital to increase my tooling and stock of parts.

I will reactivate my account in November.

#179 2 years ago

I have sent multiple emails regarding a replacement MPU. I have not had a response to any of them. If I can’t reach you on email, how am I supposed to reach you?

I am taking a short break from pinside. You can still reach me through my website's contact information. Or via the pinball basement facebook page.
    I am taking time to work on personal pinball projects as well as develop new product lines. Orders can still be taken through my site, but I won't be around here to answer questions.
    I currently have 200 wpc89 drivers and 220 MPU 89's boards. Once these are sold, I will make a decision to put the revenue towards new products lines or back into another run of these boards.
    Bally-35 MPU
    IJ Large Lamp Board
    IJ POA lamp boards
    System 11 A/B/C MPU
    Data East PPB
    Game plan MPU, Displays
    These runs will be smaller - 10-25 boards up for sale at a time until I can raise enough capital to increase my tooling and stock of parts.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I have sent multiple emails regarding a replacement MPU. I have not had a response to any of them. If I can’t reach you on email, how am I supposed to reach you?

I too find this very odd, especially since the guy puts up a $25k pin for sale ad less than 24 hours ago then goes and deactivates his account.

#181 2 years ago

I don't find it strange at all - a guy comes on here helping the community and 50% of the posts here are hammering him - what do you expect?

Flame away entitled millennials - hahahaha

#182 2 years ago

OP is likely inundated with work, not leaving time for anything else. Maybe just didn't realize what an undertaking this venture was.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

OP is likely inundated with work, not leaving time for anything else. Maybe just didn't realize what an undertaking this venture was.

Then why announce and start on a whole new group of boards with all their issues until the current ones are all stabilized?

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I don't find it strange at all - a guy comes on here helping the community and 50% of the posts here are hammering him - what do you expect?
    Flame away entitled millennials - hahahaha

Can you explain what you mean by calling it "entitlement"? Is it expecting to receive the product you paid for, or expecting what you paid for to work? What is your proposal to handle these situations?

#185 2 years ago

I finally got my replacement Bally WPC power board, that he just announced he has 200 of. I opened the box and a transistor and heat sink literally fell off the board. He claimed it was shipping problem! I sent him a picture of a lack of solder on the 3 prongs of the transistor. His come back was that cold solder joints happen sometimes. WTF? He claimed the board was tested (this time), as last board did not operate the flippers. I am done with him and his products. He sent me return label. I don't think so! No more waiting months to get another broken board. My loss and lesson learned. Pictures to follow.

#186 2 years ago

Business is easy thing to conceptionlise , difficult to run . Hope the pause allows the back orders get resolved soon for those awaiting their parts .
    Guess he will have backlog messages and email when returns ( mine are sitting as well ).

Shane

#187 2 years ago

Perhaps a DMD driver board for the Large dot matrix games IE, BayWatch etc...

#188 2 years ago

Bally-35 MPU
    IJ Large Lamp Board
    IJ POA lamp boards
    System 11 A/B/C MPU
    Data East PPB
    Game plan MPU, Displays

The Bally -35 and DE-PPB boards are rather redundant. There are aftermarket already available for both and on the DE PPB no particular shortage and they are very easy to repair.

Why waste time and capital on a board that is already on the market and focus on ones that are not.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

cold solder joints happen sometimes.

Boy, yeah, I hate it when I screw up replacing stuff on my boards and the solder just vanishes into thin air because I didn't heat it up enough! Man, that's annoying!

Sounds like he should offer a kit that's the components + the bare board, and let those of us that aren't relying on a old wave solderer do our thing. I'd be interested in that, and I need a new WPC board right now, but I'm not sure I would trust this guy to assemble it after seeing this.

#190 2 years ago

I need a board as well.
    I see positive reviews and the negative.
    Tough call

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I finally got my replacement Bally WPC power board, that he just announced he has 200 of. I opened the box and a transistor and heat sink literally fell off the board. He claimed it was shipping problem! I sent him a picture of a lack of solder on the 3 prongs of the transistor. His come back was that cold solder joints happen sometimes. WTF? He claimed the board was tested (this time), as last board did not operate the flippers. I am done with him and his products. He sent me return label. I don't think so! No more waiting months to get another broken board. My loss and lesson learned. Pictures to follow.

Just keep the board and solder in the missing components if you can. Will be a lot easier than shipping a return, which could easily be damaged in transit back to him anyway.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

If it fell off in shipping it was not a shipping issue. If they were tightened down enough it would have never come loose. Better it happened there than after installing and have a bolt or nut fall and cause a short when in a game.

#193 2 years ago

Pictures of WPC89 Power Board, showing transistor and cooling fins that fell off in shipment. Several of the others are loose too, but have not fallen off. I am so angry I could spit.

DSCF2353 (resized).JPGDSCF2353 (resized).JPGDSCF2357 (resized).JPGDSCF2357 (resized).JPG
    #194 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Boy, yeah, I hate it when I screw up replacing stuff on my boards and the solder just vanishes into thin air because I didn't heat it up enough! Man, that's annoying!
    Sounds like he should offer a kit that's the components + the bare board, and let those of us that aren't relying on a old wave solderer do our thing. I'd be interested in that, and I need a new WPC board right now, but I'm not sure I would trust this guy to assemble it after seeing this.

There is someone else that does exactly this. They are not licensed though, as far as I know. I don't want to advertise someone else on this thread, PM me if you don't know who the stupid donkey is.

#195 2 years ago

Not a great look BUT I would be inclined to just solder them on and use the board. Think of it as a "partial kit".

If I received a board with parts not soldered I would certainly carefully study the entire board and confirm everything else is soldered well before installing it.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Not a great look BUT I would be inclined to just solder them on and use the board. Think of it as a "partial kit".
    If I received a board with parts not soldered I would certainly carefully study the entire board and confirm everything else is soldered well before installing it.

Unfortunately if someone does that they will probably own the warranty on the board from that point on unless they get the ok to do so. I would expect that the company building the boards would want to know about it, apologize and mention it is growing pains, and that they will make it right and use the feedback to ensure it never happens again. I would hope that would be the case.

#197 2 years ago

Well wish I had read this thread more closely.... Ordered over two weeks ago. Got shipping notice 7 days ago...and yeah just checked the tracking and still nothing actually shipped yet. Need this board for a game that is down on location so this fucking blows. Time to go back to supporting someone else making boards I guess.

#198 2 years ago

Which board are you needing?

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Which board are you needing?

WPC Driver Board, I just ordered a Rottendog this morning from Pinball Life.

#200 2 years ago

I still haven't received any response regarding my JUNE 2nd Order. Just throwing that out there. Waiting for a WPC89 MPU.

Has anyone contacted robin about this? Of course he's deactivated but I would assume that moderation on allowing his product back on the Marketplace here at pinside should be blocked. Also has anyone contacted PPS? Considering that he is using Ricks business to promote his lack of product, and lack of quality when a product arrives seems like an image that PPS likely doesn't want.

There are 479 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-opening-of-the-pinball-basement-check-it-out/page/4?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.