Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 419 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pan (resized).png
    11AC44D3-2DE5-4A92-9FCD-53697C05E6F7 (resized).jpeg
    18E6AA65-AB25-4025-A6CF-4F9356B5E8CD (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot from 2022-03-26 09-45-48 (resized).png
    0ECA3FFC-A7A8-415B-B6AE-4224482F4A6C (resized).jpeg
    B2646F4A-502C-4144-88AA-6696C318E627 (resized).jpeg
    473FB65A-DDFE-4F00-BCD3-2942EF6E368A (resized).jpeg
    F9BB88F2-44A4-4897-B019-16D05EC091AF (resized).jpeg
    20220202_224848 (resized).jpg
    20220127_173133 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-144412_Photo Collage (resized).jpg
    642f1f (resized).jpg
    418429C9-4BA7-479E-A63A-142CA56EEFE2 (resized).jpeg
    whitestar (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 1 year ago

I got my wpc89 driver this week. The quality was very impressive! Looks like new.

My only issue is LED Ghosting. I have a corvette with a rottendog driver that works good without ghosting usinh pinballbulbs.com bulbs. After swapping into the pinballbasement driver I had a significant amount of ghosting and double lights. Corvette is not suppose to be a ghosting game. Are you using a different spec on the transistors or ics?

Notice both right lanes and arrows are ghosted in the attached pic

Screenshot_20210507-084655_Gallery (resized).jpg

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

I got my wpc89 driver this week. The quality was very impressive! Looks like new.
    My only issue is LED Ghosting. I have a corvette with a rottendog driver that works good without ghosting usinh pinballbulbs.com bulbs. After swapping into the pinballbasement driver I had a significant amount of ghosting and double lights. Corvette is not suppose to be a ghosting game. Are you using a different spec on the transistors or ics?
    Notice both right lanes and arrows are ghosted in the attached pic
    [quoted image]

Email me at [email protected] and I'll get more info from you to look into this.

1 week later
    #103 1 year ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

My only issue is LED Ghosting

Can anyone else who has bought these boards confirm if theirs also have ghosting? And if so any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from ruggedbeef:

Can anyone else who has bought these boards confirm if theirs also have ghosting? And if so any idea how to solve it?
    Thanks

I installed a WPC89 driver board from Pinball Basement last week in my TZ and have not seen any evidence of ghosting......

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

hi. Look I Don’t Like Rottendog. I have all my game Williams boards for driver boards. This happens to me in an T2 I had prior to the one I have now. Whit rottenc..p board I didn’t have video mode then swapped for the Williams and video mode went on. And every time I use one of those boards my games have problems. I never used this cpu. But you should try whit an other driver board Any other brand and see. I have only 1 extra driver boar ro....crap Just in case and it came to me as a gift(worst gift ever) I keept it because I have so many games. Good luck.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from ruggedbeef:

Thanks

If you see ghosting and arnt happy, I'll pay return shipping.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

If you see ghosting and arnt happy, I'll pay return shipping

Haven’t got any boards yet, I’m just curious about this issue and if there is a user end fix or if it’s more complicated than that.

#108 1 year ago

To the guys with ghosting. Are you using a LED OCD board? I had ghosting even with my OEM boards but with the OCD board no ghosting. FYI I am not using non ghosting LED's just regular LED's. Hope this helps.

#109 1 year ago

I dont know if this helps, but I found New Boards with new components, SCRs, CAPS, etc....replacing ones that have dropped their specs after 30-40 years,
    can make some bulbs show more ghosting, then an old board. It isnt a defect in a new board replacement.

This isnt always consistent.

Non Ghosting Bulbs should fix this, across almost all instances....Not always 100% in the real world.

It wont change the 60hz, that an OCD Board does by increasing to 120hz, to allow fading.

People who might see flickering, ghosting etc, without an OCD, a New Board, and even NG Bulbs,
    may notice issues in Attract mode. An OCD Board is the ONLY way to help that issue.

My opinion only.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont know if this helps, but I found New Boards with new components, SCRs, CAPS, etc....replacing ones that have dropped their specs after 30-40 years,
    can make some bulbs show more ghosting, then an old board. It isnt a defect in a new board replacement.
    This isnt always consistent.
    Non Ghosting Bulbs should fix this, across almost all instances....Not always 100% in the real world.
    It wont change the 60hz, that an OCD Board does by increasing to 120hz, to allow fading.
    People who might see flickering, ghosting etc, without an OCD, a New Board, and even NG Bulbs,
    may notice issues in Attract mode. An OCD Board is the ONLY way to help that issue.
    My opinion only.

Now that you mention it. On my WPC95 test fixture the 30 year old board's lights are glowing but you can tell they are faint. My new boards, the LED's are nice and bright. So I feel there is some truth to that.

#111 1 year ago

Received my wpc power driver board and first thing I will say is quality is amazing!! I do have a issue though. I put it in my bride of pinbot and the flippers don’t work. After thinking about and confirming with a few friends that I wasn’t crazy, the boards are missing the flipper relay. Before I start working on it to make it functional for my game, I just want to make sure I’m not wrong. Can anyone else confirm this?

#112 1 year ago

If the flipper relays are missing for the non-fliptronics games it's not going to work.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from slochar:

If the flipper relays are missing for the non-fliptronics games it's not going to work.

The problem seems to stem from the sale of a one board for all WPC89 games, and it does not have the flipper relay nor the optocouplers installed for the non-fliptronic games.

https://pinballbasement.com/collections/wpc89-boards/products/a-12697-wpc89-power-driver-board

#114 1 year ago

Went ahead and swapped all the flipper stuff from a old board over to the new one. It wasn’t a lot but it was kind of a pain in the ass. Everything works as it should now. Hopefully this gets updated for future customers so they don’t have to deal with the same issues

1 week later
    #115 11 months ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Hopefully this gets updated for future customers so they don’t have to deal with the same issues

Did you reach out to Pinball Basement about the issue? Looks like there is a new product on there if I’m not mistaken. Supports the pre fliptronics games.

#116 11 months ago
    Quoted from ruggedbeef:

Did you reach out to Pinball Basement about the issue? Looks like there is a new product on there if I’m not mistaken. Supports the pre fliptronics games.

I did update the site, will be reaching out with some sort of I'm sorry gift for those affected by the confusion

#117 11 months ago

I did update the site, will be reaching out with some sort of I'm sorry gift for those affected by the confusion

Terminator 2 is another one of such pre-fliptronix games. It still shows on your list of supported games. https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524

1 week later
    #119 11 months ago

Looking for a WPC89 DOT Matrix DMD Controller Board. Is there an ETA available for it?

#120 11 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Is there an ETA available for it?

Contact him through the website and ask.

LTG : )

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Contact him through the website and ask.
    LTG : )

I did, and did not get a response. So I found one of his DMD boards on the Planetary Pinball website and bought it. After reading about Ghosting issues here, I bought a WPC89 driver board from Pinball Basement directly. I have a German PINLED Driver board that works, but many of the lights on PF are always on and blinking. I wondered why. Will see if things change with the Pinball Basement board.

Added 11 months ago:

UPDATE: Planetary Pinball just refunded my money and said DMD board is "out of stock" for a couple months and to check back regularly. WTF? Why did their website say "In Stock", when I purchased it? Website not updated till it is a problem? At least I did get a refund 3 days later. Whew.

1 week later
    #122 11 months ago

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Terminator 2 is another one of such pre-fliptronix games. It still shows on your list of supported games. https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2524

Still showing listed 22 days later.

#123 11 months ago

I now have a WPC Driver board being delivered tomorrow and a DMD board later. Will update once installed to see if any of my issues go away, or will have spares for the future. \

2 weeks later
    #124 10 months ago

Nvram is now an option in the store. Any pinside mpu orders with this option added onwill get nvram for free.

Just email me after your order is placed, offer good through Friday.

Screenshot_20210713-113513_Chrome (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #125 10 months ago

I ordered a WPC89 Power Driver Board a couple weeks back, but I haven't heard any updates nor had any replies to my Emails (Order #10011223). Is there a delay on the orders due to the chip shortage?

4 weeks later
    #126 9 months ago

See post 111 WPC089 driver board . No relay = non-fliptronic . Does the board shipped support Fliptronic version 1 and 2 ? Forceflow pinwiki link shows A-12697-1 supporting both V1 and V2 .
    Thanks to anyone who brings clarity to this question .

Enjoy the day Shane

#127 9 months ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

See post 111 WPC089 driver board . No relay = non-fliptronic . Does the board shipped support Fliptronic version 1 and 2 ? Forceflow pinwiki link shows A-12697-1 supporting both V1 and V2 .
    Thanks to anyone who brings clarity to this question .
    Enjoy the day Shane

Isn’t that “Relay = non-fliptronic” ? I thought if it lacks a relay then it was meant for a fliptronic game. Also boards with relay should work in either.

#128 9 months ago

Used the PB wpc driver recently in n Indy 500. Used it in a major tournament this weekend and it played flawlessly. Great work, Charlie! Great looking and working board.

Mike

46B2C1BC-C208-420A-9B6B-742A594DC43B (resized).jpeg
    #129 9 months ago

Took a while to get here but a WPC-89 MPU board arrived safely via USPS. Great looking board, works perfectly in BSD.

No duty, no tax — nice. Take that over UPS any day,

1 week later
    #130 8 months ago

Has anyone received their orders lately? Put in an order around the first week of July, still haven’t received anything.

#131 8 months ago

I am also waiting for a board from them. I ordered on 6/2 and was shipped a faulty board. After diagnosing, I reached back out to them and was confirmed a replacement on 8/12 . Ended up reaching out multiple times with no response since. Starting to feel a little worried about not getting a product.

Also to add, pinside shows that Pinball basement has logged on to pinside essentially everyday including today 9/1. So it's not particularly reassuring that contact is just being missed.

#132 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I am also waiting for a board from them. I ordered on 6/2 and was shipped a faulty board. After diagnosing, I reached back out to them and was confirmed a replacement on 8/12 . Ended up reaching out multiple times with no response since. Starting to feel a little worried about not getting a product.
    Also to add, pinside shows that Pinball basement has logged on to pinside essentially everyday including today 9/1. So it's not particularly reassuring that contact is just being missed.

Seems like it’s a trend. He has been having health issues: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unresolved-issue-with-pinball_basement-no-communication#post-6467184

#133 8 months ago

It's really frustrating when someone tries to help, offers a great product, stands behind it, and even participates in discussion threads - but somehow they drop the ball with communication and timely responses.

I mean no ill will here either, it's great we have this option and awesome someone stepped up to do it (so thank you!) because boards aren't easy to make or repair - but all the uncertainties with people's orders and when they're going out could be so easily addressed.

#135 8 months ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Used the PB wpc driver recently in n Indy 500. Used it in a major tournament this weekend and it played flawlessly. Great work, Charlie! Great looking and working board.
    Mike
    [quoted image]

Love INDY 500!

#136 8 months ago

7/27 I got an update that a shipping label was created. haven't heard or seen anything since. its a good thing I was able to repair the board I needed for location.

#137 8 months ago

Gotta give a shout out to Pinball_Basement. I was sent a dmd driver board and it works great! Thanks for providing amazing products!

#138 8 months ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

7/27 I got an update that a shipping label was created. haven't heard or seen anything since. its a good thing I was able to repair the board I needed for location.

Here I was excited at my shipment notification that's only a week old

As someone who runs a small ecommerce business for my livelihood, it's disappointing to see an operation that I want to succeed struggle to meet minimum customer expectations.

Fingers crossed!

#139 8 months ago

Waiting on a new wpc 89 board. I got my shipping label quick but I think Charlie had a 5 day delay before they were shipped. Also judging by the package routing and timing it seems like that region of usps is slower than what I’ve seen from other states around USA

This will be my second aftermarket wpc board (had no success with the first from another seller) so as long as it works I will be happy.

#140 8 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Waiting on a new wpc 89 board. I got my shipping label quick but I think Charlie had a 5 day delay before they were shipped. Also judging by the package routing and timing it seems like that region of usps is slower than what I’ve seen from other states around USA
    This will be my second aftermarket wpc board (had no success with the first from another seller) so as long as it works I will be happy.

Having a tracking number is not a guarantee of it shipping. Just means it is being built soon.

#141 8 months ago

Having a tracking number is not a guarantee of it shipping. Just means it is being built soon.

For sure, they were in stock and ready or ship before I paid.

#142 8 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

For sure, they were in stock and ready or ship before I paid.

Most times is not the case. Look at post #136.

#143 8 months ago

Unless this was explicitly laid out in some sort of order confirmation email, nobody would ever understand that to be the case. A shipment notification means (or should mean) that your item has shipped, or is prepped for shipping and on the verge of pickup/dropoff (ie a day or two). A shipment notification that doesn't mean that is a mismanagement of customer expectations. And why people come here hunting for answers.

#144 8 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Unless this was explicitly laid out in some sort of order confirmation email, nobody would ever understand that to be the case. A shipment notification means (or should mean) that your item has shipped, or is prepped for shipping and on the verge of pickup/dropoff (ie a day or two). A shipment notification that doesn't mean that is a mismanagement of customer expectations. And why people come here hunting for answers.

Do you not buy online much?

A tracking number being created means just that - it's been created. Which means a shipment has been created - it doesn't mean it's been shipped.

What you describe is your expectation based on most people not creating shipments until they are actually shipping the package. Unfortunately that is not how all vendors operate and it's quite common (and annoying) when they do this early creation - but it's common.

Buy from overseas and see just how abused that practice really is...

#145 8 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you not buy online much?
    A tracking number being created means just that - it's been created. Which means a shipment has been created - it doesn't mean it's been shipped.
    What you describe is your expectation based on most people not creating shipments until they are actually shipping the package. Unfortunately that is not how all vendors operate and it's quite common (and annoying) when they do this early creation - but it's common.
    Buy from overseas and see just how abused that practice really is...

I buy and sell products online daily, and ship tubs of products daily across several shipping channels. What I describe is how we operate, and how any righteous online vendor operates as well.

Shipping notices acting as "your order is in progress" status updates is nonsensical.

#146 8 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Shipping notices acting as "your order is in progress" status updates is nonsensical.

Well good luck fighting that!

297 (resized).jpeg

#147 8 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

I buy and sell products online daily, and ship tubs of products daily across several shipping channels. What I describe is how we operate, and how any righteous online vendor operates as well.

Likewise. Sell on Amazon or eBay and mark something shipped that isn't going out within 24 hours and you won't be selling for long. And you'll likely be getting a call from your local postmaster.

#148 8 months ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Likewise. Sell on Amazon or eBay and mark something shipped that isn't going out within 24 hours and you won't be selling for long. And you'll likely be getting a call from your local postmaster.

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm out of touch even though it's what I spend my whole life doing

I think this thread is a perfect example of what happens when people make a purchase online and get a shipment notification with a tracking number and nothing moves. Cuz, surprise!, when you get a shipment notification you expect it to be on its way.

It's been fun, but gotta run! Lots of packages to ship before the day is up

#149 8 months ago

Most times is not the case. Look at post #136.

Yes, I should have said I confirmed stock before I paid.

Paid Aug 19
    Shipping label Aug 21
    Item actually shipped Aug 28
    In Canada customs Sept 2nd

Just trying to give people here some context if they ordered a wpc 89 mpu board recently

Added 8 months ago:

Delivered sept 7th!

#150 8 months ago

Rant on.

All I know is, Charlie needs to get his shit together. He's got the world by the tail with these boards, if, and that's a BIG if, he can actually get them made and delivered in a timely fashion.

It gets really old seeing people here not getting responses on their emails and then I see Charlie taking the time to post on Facebook.

It's certainly obvious, communication is not one of Charlie's strong suits and I understand how that pisses off customers.

Rant off.

There are 419 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!