received_1485813708163015 (resized).jpeg
received_1485781581499561 (resized).jpeg
received_1485781418166244 (resized).jpeg
received_1485784191499300 (resized).jpeg
received_1485784321499287 (resized).jpeg
received_1485784734832579 (resized).jpeg
received_1485831308161255 (resized).jpeg
20171014_131036 (resized).jpg

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Your games look great! I played them all except Space Station. White Water had frequent issues with ejecting the ball into the shooter lane, and Space Station didn't start a game for me. I think that's the first time I've seen Space Station in person. Here is my Monopoly score:

I played your Mousin' Around several times. It looks and plays fantastic with all original lamps, glad to see no LEDs anywhere in the game. The flipper bats are wrong, but it didn't affect gameplay. I think those belong on Rancho as whoever brought that game put modern flipper bats on it, which was funny.

Good to hear except that wasn’t my mousin. Mine is in my basement.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Southern Strike Out touney had 64 players. I finished 2nd and won $100. Good times!

Who won?

#103 6 years ago

If anyone has any games that they might be taking home back north and pass through Kentucky I could potentially be persuaded to take a look..... wink wink

#104 6 years ago

Bill Baggett. Congrats to him!

(I want to fight all meteor machines for tilting me out.)

#105 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for a great show, we really enjoyed it!

#107 6 years ago

That was a fun time guys. Thanks to everyone that took the time to make this event happen, and thanks to everyone that came and said hello. It was great to meet you all.

Sorry about not getting back up with you about the TSPP Chris, my wife ended up getting sick and we had to leave earlier than anticipated.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Who won the aerosmith pro

Jason Wilson (dreamtr) won it. Well deserved as he supplied a ton of the games and it great to see it go to someone that has so many games on rout.

#109 6 years ago

Great show! This show is a much more mellow one than SFGE and TPF... it’s refreshing to not have to wait in line for every single game! Wish there could have been more newer Stern games other than Star Wars... And was hoping to see JJP games as well.

I REALLY wanted that Road Show... so beautifully restored!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Jason Wilson (dreamtr) won it. Well deserved as he supplied a ton of the games and it great to see it go to someone that has so many games on rout.

Awesome. Yes, this is 2 years in a row he has provided a ton of games.

#111 6 years ago

The show was great fun, nice job guys!

It was odd to be able to walk up to one of Sterns latest releases (SW Premium in this case), almost anytime you wanted and play as many games as you wanted because nobody came up in line behind you! Never had that at a show before and it was GREAT!

The tourney was great fun! All the games in the tourney area played perfectly. Could have used a little more room but to be fair, I don't think they were expecting 64 entries and after round 5 or 6 it thinned out. The format was perfect (3 strikes, P3 and P4 get a strike in 4 player rounds) so the tourney went FAST and did not drag on at all. A bonus part of this format is you only need to track finishing orders and not score! I registered a non-pinball playing friend of mine for the tourney and he had a blast. Great way to meet the great people of the Nashville area!

Highlight of the show for me was the Grand Prix EM in the tourney area. I played one in Tx this year and liked it. I couldn't stop playing the one at the show on Saturday! I gotta find me one of those.

I WILL be back again next year!

#112 6 years ago

I had a great time. TNA is a mean playing, bass thumping machine. Thanks for letting folks break TNA in out of the box! The tournament area games all played really smooth. Loved Grand Prix and Skateball!

I blew up the MET pro for 282 million and had a blast. Later I noticed some one put almost a billion points for the high score on the same MET. Yikes!

Thanks to the folks that put it together and those who brought games!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Thanks to everyone who brought games. I was amazed by how many games dreamtr had there. I cant imagine how much work that must have been. Also Gottlieb Circus is super cool myork82. Loved it! And this was my first time playing Batman 66 and I was very impressed flipnout1

Glad you enjoyed it! You should have took it home with you!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Glad you enjoyed it! You should have took it home with you!

Both of your games played very good.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I was impressed at the level of how well all the games played.

I wanted to take home that breakshot, but was saddened the JM was down.

edit: AND THAT EARTHSHAKER THO....

#116 6 years ago

Wish I could have made it, had reservations and everything.....and then plans got changed on me.....looking forward to next year!!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I was impressed at the level of how well all the games played.
I wanted to take home that breakshot, but was saddened the JM was down.
edit: AND THAT EARTHSHAKER THO....

I probably only played a quarter of the games as I was too busy running my mouth most of the time but everything I played flipped very well. I walked up to a couple of games not expecting much only to be pleasantly surprised at how snappy and smooth they played. I didn't make it over to the ES so I'm not sure what was up with it. I will say that I have never seen so many Tee'd Off in one place. I only tried the one myork82 brought and it played very well. The breakshot was in great condition and I'm not surprised it sold first thing. It looked great and played great. Big thanks to Larry at Flipnout and Marco for having such an awesome stern booth.

#118 6 years ago

Man, I hope this show only grows. It was nice not having to wait very long to play some games. I had more than my fill on SW. Awesome meeting and playing some pinball with a lot of you guys! Untill next year.....

#119 6 years ago

It was a great show and even better than last year. I know I don't get on Pinside much, but thanks for everybody who came and said high to Wasp & I and played a few games. You guys have no idea how hard it was to keep him from buying and trading games all weekend long....

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Thanks J.D. I appreciate you bringing TNA also!

I ended up bringing Haunted House home! Can't stay away from those Gottliebs! I'm cursed I guess!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Thanks J.D. I appreciate you bringing TNA also!
I ended up bringing Haunted House home! Can't stay away from those Gottliebs! I'm cursed I guess!

One of the best backglasses every made. That game is a blast when working properly. Man is it a pain to work on though.

#122 6 years ago

Yep I'm looking forward to playing around with some LED's in it while sticking true to the original color theme. Guess i'll get my crimp tool and molex pins out first... Good ole edge connectors!

#123 6 years ago

I will bring a trailer next year as I would have that Tee'd off and my second Circus if I had one this year, wish I could have taken them home myork82, either way it was good to meet you

#124 6 years ago

Great show and great tourney. The TFTC we brought sold within 1/2 hour of setting it up. My buddy took the cash and bought that sweet Spanish Eyes with some of it.
Some of the games were just beautiful. Better examples than I have ever seen of T2, Earthshaker, Red and Ted's Roadshow. The WH2O was gorgeous but was just not playable. Amazing to see 9 Star Wars! I'll be back next year for sure!

#125 6 years ago

I had a lot of fun at the show. Sold my South Park and bought Scott's Tee'd Off.

Played more pins than I ever have and got to go to Game Galaxy. Awesome weekend!

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

I will bring a trailer next year as I would have that Tee'd off and my second Circus if I had one this year, wish I could have taken them home myork82, either way it was good to meet you

Man I am soooooo glad you didn't have a trailer

#127 6 years ago

Who had the roadshow? Buddy?

Wonder of its still available

#128 6 years ago

I stumbled my way in early on Sunday, snapped photos of the pins:
https://imgur.com/gallery/EhjuJ

Glad the ES went over well. Hopefully, with a bit of luck (and time/money) the Whirlwind will be beside it next year.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

I stumbled my way in early on Sunday, snapped photos of the pins:
https://imgur.com/gallery/EhjuJ
Glad the ES went over well. Hopefully, with a bit of luck (and time/money) the Whirlwind will be beside it next year.

Holy shit were there three teed offs there? Haha

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everybody wanted it out of their house for a weekend.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep!

Quoted from woody76:

Who had the roadshow? Buddy?
Wonder of its still available

The Road Show was Buddy's

Quoted from gentrsa:

Nice to meet you too!

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Everybody wanted it out of their house for a weekend.

Permanently, 2 were for sale, not sure if the 3rd one was.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Permanently, 2 were for sale, not sure if the 3rd one was.

I almost took one home from LAX a couple years ago. Couldn’t land on a price with the owner. It had that alt translite with the caddy shack characters on it. Would love to have that era of Gottlieb at home. Teed off is one of them I’ve enjoyed.

#134 6 years ago

Yeah I couldn't get into "Pee'd off" and wanted it gone!

#135 6 years ago

My lil GOGX 2017 image dump

https://imgur.com/gallery/zu0Nd

#136 6 years ago

Link doesn't work.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Link doesn't work.

Woops, was hidden. Should be fine now

#138 6 years ago

IMG_8689 (resized).JPGIMG_8689 (resized).JPG
IMG_8690 (resized).JPGIMG_8690 (resized).JPG

I'm a little late to the party, but I've been recovering from Expo Hangover for the last few days (and getting all my machines back in the arcade).

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who joined us for the Southern Strike-Out tournament on Saturday. When 64 players showed up I was a little freaked out, and afraid I wasn't prepared for that many folks. Luckily, everything went off pretty much without a hitch. I think we had the tournament finished in around 3 hours.

On a side note, for anyone in the West Tennessee region, we have a weekly IFPA tournament (head to head matchplay) that we do at our arcade (The Retro) on the same machines that were in the tournament the past Saturday (plus some others). The weekly tournaments have been growing in popularity, with our last one drawing 20 players. Please stop in and join us some time. And it's BYOB as well. Just bring a cup to put your beverage of choice in, we have a fridge on premises to keep 'em cold for ya.
IMG_8410 (resized).JPGIMG_8410 (resized).JPG
Thanks again, everyone!

Yopp.

#139 6 years ago

Good stuff David!

#140 6 years ago

David, Thanks for getting the results posted so quickly to IFPA! Your guy Bill B. got a huge boost in the rankings!

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

David, Thanks for getting the results posted so quickly to IFPA! Your guy Bill B. got a huge boost in the rankings!

No problem. I’ve gotten used to getting them resulted quickly since I’ve been doing it weekly. And Matchplay makes it way too easy!

Yes I’m sure Bill is thrilled with the points he got from that single tournament. Of course it helps when there are some heavy hitters like you and Tim in it. On the downside, I dropped 6 places in the state by not participating. I’ll have to work extra hard the next few Fridays to try and claw my way back up some.

#142 6 years ago

Lets start a Kickstarter so waspinat0r can get a TSPP.
He f'ing deserves it!!!!!

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Lets start a Kickstarter so waspinat0r can get a TSPP.
He f'ing deserves it!!!!!

LOL, I appreciate that Moonduckie! With my reputation around here, though, I doubt anyone would want to fund anything for me, though, lol.

(Even if I would promise to keep it forever and always. )

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

LOL, I appreciate that Moonduckie! With my reputation around here, though, I doubt anyone would want to fund anything for me, though, lol.
(Even if I would promise to keep it forever and always. )

Don't let the haters get you down. There's no wrong or right way to be in the pinball hobby.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Don't let the haters get you down. There's no wrong or right way to be in the pinball hobby.

Thanks so much. That's how I feel as well, but several of my inbox messages from certain pinsiders would say otherwise lol. That being said, I wouldn't be adverse to a keeper tspp.

#146 6 years ago

He needs a kickstarter for a truck, not another temporary machine!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

He needs a kickstarter for a truck, not another temporary machine!

I think my wife is going to try to get s crappy old beater from her stepfather so that might take care of itself. One thing I will point out is a gift is never temporary. diamonds are forever damn it!

Edit: just to be clear I obviously don't expect anyone to fund an expensive toy for my own person so take anything I say about it light heartedly.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks so much. That's how I feel as well, but several of my inbox messages from certain pinsiders would say otherwise lol. That being said, I wouldn't be adverse to a keeper tspp.

That's really sad if true. People can be some miserable F's at times. If they don't like your threads or that you trade games all the time all they have to do is put you on ignore.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Weird things happen on this site. I never understood the messaging people hate mail. If you don't like their post just move on. I have a secret stalker that down votes everything I say. It is hilarious.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I would bet some of those guys in your inbox are on my ignore list. Don't let em get to you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-ole-gameroom-expo-nov-10-12-2017-nashville/page/3?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.