20161111_205007 (resized).jpg
20161111_205000 (resized).jpg
20161111_202555 (resized).jpg
20161111_200919 (resized).jpg
20161111_200913 (resized).jpg
20161111_200902 (resized).jpg
20161111_200855 (resized).jpg
20161111_200357 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UberArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Grand_Ole_Gameroom_Expo_(resized).pngGrand_Ole_Gameroom_Expo_(resized).png

The Grand Ole Gameroom Expo is taking place November 11-13, 2016 at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, right outside of Nashville, TN. We have 20,000 sq ft of event space. It is an arcade and pinball expo. There is room for a lot of machines, vendors, etc. We have a special room rate available for the event so consider staying at the Marriott.

If you bring games to the event we are giving away free weekend passes and entries to win a new VPCabs Virtual Pinball Machine. One entry per machine.

You can visit the website at www.GrandOleExpo.com for details. Tickets are now on sale, and we are ready to start taking signups to bring games.

Details on tournaments and signups for volunteers will come later.

I hope you are excited about the event and plan to attend. A lot of the success depends on collectors bringing machines and getting involved. Contact me with any questions. You can email me through the website.

VPCabs Virtual Pinball MachineVPCabs Virtual Pinball Machine

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Anyone else having occasional issues with the site?

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like I need to call GoDaddy. Thanks for pointing this out. Let me know if you see the error again. It must be an intermittent issue.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This looks fun! Is the show at that same hotel? And the game room is 24 hours? If I can swing this, I'll bring a game too.

Expo is at the hotel. There is also a bar and restaurant inside the hotel. It won't be 24 hours, but it will be open late. Probabaly till 4:00 am Friday and Saturday night.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Website is still having some problems...same error message, intermittent.
I went ahead and added the event to the calendar. What are the opening hours?

Here are the show hours.

Friday 4:00 pm - 4:00 am
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 am
Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

3 months later
#25 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Any more news about this? I'd still like to attend and possibly bring a game.

I haven't made many announcements recently. It is coming together though. It is about time for me to start making regular updates on guests, tournaments, etc. Just been waiting till it got a little closer. The place will be full of games for sure.

Yep, the Main Ballroom will be open till 4:00am. I am considering having the console rooms open all night, but not sure yet. I'll have a lot of xbox 360s networked together. Might be fun to just keep it going all night. I am making sure the hotel has the bar open late too. I think they have to stop serving at 2am or 3.

You can sign up to bring games on the website now. It helps with the planning if people sign up early. http://grandoleexpo.com/

3 weeks later
#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What's a good abbreviation for this event? OGRE?

There goes the rest of my work day. I knew better than to get on pinside. Now I have to think of good ways to abbreviate the name.

OGRE is cool though. Not sure I can top it. GOGX? I have no idea. Let me drink on it tonight and maybe the answer will become evident.

Btw, I have decided to take the console room up a notch and have a whole lot of modern gaming going on. I am pretty excited about the games and tournaments planned. My basement is also becoming flooded with game systems and TV's. Crazy. I'll start making announcements on that soon.

2 weeks later
#29 7 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

Any Stern distributors confirmed for this event? I'm looking to buy a pin and pick it up at the show...

The Pinball Company will be there. They are a dealer. And Flip N Out Pinball will be there. I think either can get you a Stern pin.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Pinball Tournaments?

I am working on a tournament. Nothing concrete yet.

2 weeks later
#34 7 years ago

Time to announce a new Sponsor and our main giveaway...

Bring a Game to Nashville and win a VPcabs Virtual Pinball Machine

Bring ONE machine, you will receive:
• ONE Free Weekend Pass
• ONE entry to win the Pinball Machine

Bring MULTIPLE machines:
• Up to FOUR Free Weekend Passes
• ONE entry to win for each machine you bring

To register your game visit http://grandoleexpo.com/bring-a-game/

To learn more about VPCabs visit their website at https://virtualpinball.com/

VPCabs Virtual PinballVPCabs Virtual Pinball

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

If you are planning to stay at the Marriott you will want to book your room soon. The expo rate is discounted from their standard rate of $180 to $109 a night. A lot of the rooms have already been taken. The expo is going late into the night so you don't want to miss out.

Use the button on our website to get the expo rate. http://grandoleexpo.com/hotel/

Franklin MarriottFranklin Marriott

3 weeks later
#37 7 years ago

I'm happy to announce Aurcade will be running our arcade tournament on Saturday. We are still working out which machines will be in it. May have a few pins in the tournament list as well. The nice thing is we are offering a guaranteed first place prize of $500 on the main tournament.

Also be sure to book your hotel room by Oct 20th or you may not get the discounted rate of $109 down from the standard $180. The room block and discounted rate expire before the event. Use the link on my website to get the discount http://grandoleexpo.com/hotel/

Hope to see you there!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Is there a list of machines that are going to be here or can we get an approximate number? My friend and I may be interested in attending if there won't be a line to play some great older machines.

It is too early to post an official list. Things are constantly changing. I'm getting new games pledged frequently. Some may not actually show up or they could stop working. I am over 100 right now. I'm planning on 200. So I have more people to reach out to. Still time to sign up to bring a game and win that VPCabs pin.

I'm working on getting some super rare titles here, but I won't say till I know for sure.

I think our extended show hours will help a lot with the lines. We will also have a beer tour organized for Saturday to go hit some great Nashville spots. Small fee for transportation provided. So that may take some people away from the machines for a while during peak time.

Some on the list:
Black Knight
Target Alpha
Wizard!
Earthshaker
Capersville
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Capcom vs SNK
Gauntlet
All 3 DK
Bump n Jump
Pro Monaco GP
Dragon's Lair
Track and Field
Gyruss
Alien Syndrome
Neo Geo's
Stocker
Ikari Warriors
Kung Fu Master
Karate Champ
Rancho pin
Middle Earth pin
Robotron
Zoo Keeper
Elevator Action
Battlezone
Mr Do
Double Dragon
Satan's Hollow
Super Mario Bros pin
House of the Dead
Arkanoid
Tempest
Mad Planets
Major Havoc
The Hobbit pin
Medieval Madness

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

It looks from the list that there are a lot of arcade machines on the list. Would you say this is more an arcade expo with pinball machines or a pinball expo with arcade machines? Thank you for the info.

Yeah, there will be a lot of pins as well. Probably close to half. I'm shooting for half anyway. A lot of those arcade machines listed are mine so they are safe to put on a public list. There is a reason I don't like putting a list out early. A lot of collectors commit to bring x number of pins or arcade games, but the actual titles I don't know till I get closer. A lot of wheelin' n' dealin' goes on to get the games here.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This is confusing. Are you saying there won't be a true pinball tournament? Is so you can probably count me out. I mean, I was hoping to see this on the PAPA circuit in a few years.

I'm working on a pinball tournament as well. Not ready to announce the specifics.

That was the Aurcade tournament announcement. They like to mix a few pins in the arcade lineup which I think is cool. There will be more going on than just the Aurcade one.

1 week later
#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Any chance on American Pinball coming to the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo?

I haven't talked to anybody from there.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from eXitStrategy:

Any more updates on the show? Vendors, distributors and or vids/pins?
Thanks and looking forward to it.

Yeah, lots going on.

Let's see, my house is full of game consoles and TV's. Also picking up a nice Maximum Force tomorrow. Not a classic, but still fun.

Arcade Headquarters is a new vendor.

And I have another group of machines that is scheduled to be at the expo including:
Hobbit
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff
Walking Dead
Back to the Future
Popeye
Royal Rumble
Indianapolis 500
Last Action Hero
Dirty Harry
Gilligan's Island
Rollergames
Terminator 2
Class of 1812
Monday Night Football
Whirlwind
Black Hole
Johnny Mnemonic
Congo
Diner
Godzilla
No Fear
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Few more vids:
Warlords cocktail
Demolition Derby 4 player
Crossbow
Power Stone

1 week later
#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Let me clarify, just an updated list for the pins that will be there. I'm guessing the tournament pins will be off limits if we don't enter?

Yes, the tournament ones will be off limits Friday and Saturday. Sunday they will probably be free play like the rest.

I'll post an updated list late next week. I should have a few more known titles then. I still have a lot of unknown machines at this point. Some people are buying, selling, and fixing machines all the time and will bring what is ready come expo time.

1 week later
#73 7 years ago

Here is the Friday update:

I have another 12 pins coming. They should be fairly new machines. I will get details on the titles later.

I am setting up a VR Lounge. There will be at least two new PlayStation VR setups in there with all of the launch games and probably a few Oculus Rift. Great place to try out the future of gaming. Or maybe it is just a passing fad. Who knows, but it is pretty cool. The gear is expensive so you may as well try it out here for free.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Will we have to bring our own wet wipes to clean the PSVRs between users?

Wipes will probably be provided. Man, all my new VR gear is going to be funky after this show isn't it? Maybe I can crank the a/c down really low in that room.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Is the vendor area being secured at night? No way we can stay in our booths for those hours. And I don't want to pack everything up at night.

Short answer yes. Since there are vendors in the main arcade pinball area and it is open late we will make sure it is secured if you close down your space early.

#94 7 years ago

So this is your last minute reminder to book your hotel room. The room block closes this weekend. No sense paying the full price when you can book it now at 40% off. When you finally crash at 4am after playing hours of pinball a short walk to the hotel room is the way to go. Also a hotel room is a good place to stash a cooler with all of your beer. If you wheel a cooler around the expo with you the hotel staff will complain.

http://grandoleexpo.com/hotel/

#98 7 years ago

Time for a Friday update.

I'm happy to announce Flip N Out Pinball is bringing a Dialed In! from Jersey Jack Pinball. I appreciate Larry working out the logistics to bring that machine to the show.

Also had some more machines pledged from collectors including a Tron LE and Metallica. Whenever collectors volunteer to pack up their really nice games and bring them to an expo that is also much appreciated. A show like this relies on the generosity of others for sure.

There is another fairly new and cool pin that I'm about 90% sure will be here, but I am going to wait till I know for sure to announce that one.

Oh, and if you are coming book that room at the Marriott.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I will be at the show too with new in box Hobbit Smaug LE plus lots of pinball playfields and new glass, maybe Invisiglass if I can get some in time. I am an authorized JJP distributor and PPS so I hope to have some MMR standards. People should remember me from the great pins I woukd bring to the Louisville Expo a couple of years ago. I had the awesome ACDC Hemi Edition, Rocky and proto Woz. Anotjet year HUO TSPP and TAF and a beautiful TAF and Tron which both sold to a great guy in Alabama.
These guys are great to work with and I am gonna be putting together a great lineup of pins for everyone to see, some rare ones too like Stern NBA, Big Buck Hunter pro and CSI plus some affordable ones like Rescue 911 abd a rare prototype Hoops pinball and beside it the final production version.
Looking forward to meeting many of you again
Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc

More great pins for sure. I am really looking forward to this lineup. MMR is one of my favorite games. I can play that for hours. Hopefully I have time to play something and I am not running around like crazy all weekend.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from rustybomber79:

Is there a cutoff for the discounted 3 day pass?

Nope. You can get the three day pass at the door. Same price. Still discounted. Plus you get the nice lanyard instead of a wrist band.

#123 7 years ago

I'm happy to announce the PBR Can Crusher will be playable at the expo. Thanks to Pabst Blue Ribbon for sending one here!

can-crusher (resized).jpgcan-crusher (resized).jpg

#133 7 years ago

If anybody is making last minute plans to attend the discounted room rate is still open. I got the hotel to extend it. If you book a room and the discount is not working let me know. I know a few people got a message that it had expired. It should be working again. Book by using the link on the website. http://grandoleexpo.com/hotel/

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UberArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-ole-gameroom-expo-nashville-nov-11-13?tu=UberArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.