805DE5F3-AFB7-4AE0-A6DC-62CDEEBA8925 (resized).jpeg
EB00407A-E053-4D33-9B12-F9CB68A2FD78 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5959 (resized).jpg
ElviraPremium (resized).jpg
Marco (resized).jpeg
logo-musiccitypinball2 (resized).jpg
GOGX2019-ogre (resized).jpg
GOGX2019-collage2 (resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

The GRAND OLE GAMEROOM EXPO, Nashville's annual Arcade, Pinball, and Video Game Expo is back for year four at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville November 8-10, 2019.

The Grand Ole Gameroom Expo is a public event for gamers of all ages. Join us for a weekend packed with over 200 arcade and pinball games, air hockey, skeeball, and many other games all set to free play.

The Expo also has over 80 game consoles spanning the Atari 2600 to the latest Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, and Playstation VR. There are multiple tournaments for casual players and competitive players on games like Super Smash Bros and Mortal Kombat 11, and we host the largest IFPA pinball tournament in Tennessee.

Grand OGRE Pinball Tournaments:
Full details at: https://grandoleexpo.com/grand-ogre-pinball/

• Friday Nov 8, 7:00 PM - SPLIT FLIPPER ICEBREAKER SOCIAL

• Saturday Nov 9, 1:00 PM - GRAND OGRE MATCHPLAY IFPA TOURNAMENT
Pre-Register at: https://matchplay.events/live/v7ebk

• Saturday Nov 9, 8:30 PM - 3rd ANNUAL OUT ON BAIL TENNESSEE SHOWDOWN!!!!

• Sunday Nov 10, 11:00 AM - GRAND OGRE WOMEN’S IFPA TOURNAMENT
Pre-Register at: https://matchplay.events/live/e01d9

Show Hours
Friday Nov 8, 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
Saturday Nov 9, 10:00 am - 2:00 am
Sunday Nov 10, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

*To buy tickets and take advantage of our hotel discount visit our website at: https://grandoleexpo.com/

If you are in the market for a new pin take advantage of special pricing on new Stern games from Marco Specialties and Music City Pinball. Contact Marco Specialties for details.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/

https://musiccitypinball.net/
GOGX2019-collage2 (resized).jpgGOGX2019-collage2 (resized).jpgGOGX2019-ogre (resized).jpgGOGX2019-ogre (resized).jpglogo-musiccitypinball2 (resized).jpglogo-musiccitypinball2 (resized).jpgMarco (resized).jpegMarco (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Grrrr... I'm having to skip this year, I've got to work a trade show in Vegas the week before.

2 weeks later
#3 4 years ago

Looks like the new Elvira: House of Horrors will be available in time for the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo. Contact Marco Specialties and ask about show special pricing.

ElviraPremium (resized).jpgElviraPremium (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#4 4 years ago

I’ll be bringing some pins to sell

Fish Tales
Dirty Harry
Elvira and the party monsters
Bride of pinbot 2.0
B&W Munsters premium (maybe)

#5 4 years ago

looking for a sorcerer if anyone wants to bring one to town

#6 4 years ago

I'll be there with my tools!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I'll be there with my tools!

It's not nice to call Chris that.

#9 4 years ago

Haha, it was all in good fun, sorry I couldn't resist. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show.

#10 4 years ago

I am bringing around 40 games for play for tournament and on show floor. If anyone wants something specific there let me know. We already have an idea for tournament bank, etc....

Also, what else are people bringing to sell?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looking for a sorcerer if anyone wants to bring one to town

If you can't find one to buy least you can play two locally. One at No Quarter with CPR playfield and mine at Game Galaxy in Smyrna. Lol

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am bringing around 40 games for play for tournament and on show floor. If anyone wants something specific there let me know. We already have an idea for tournament bank, etc....

Thank you. I'm coming up for the Tournament on Saturday... Cant wait!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

saw you had a game on the STI truck this morning. i couldn't tell what it was.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's not nice to call Chris that.

HAHA!!! That's a good one!!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

saw you had a game on the STI truck this morning. i couldn't tell what it was.

I am not sure either, lol....I have 6-7 pins slated in the past two weeks to arrive so it could have been any one of those.

#16 4 years ago

This exciting new limited edition Pinball News sticker can be yours!

Available at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo, Nashville, TN 8-10 November, 2019!

IMG_5959 (resized).jpgIMG_5959 (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago

I have a shopped Cointaker LED kit Getaway locally here for $2650 if anyone wants it. You can check it out in Smyrna, free delivery to show if you pay for it after checking it out.

#18 4 years ago

I have a World Cup Soccer and Bram Stoker's Dracula available and can bring them to the show if needed. Send me a PM if interested.

#19 4 years ago

Excited to head on up. Post a few more sells or wants here for fun folks. See you all there

#20 4 years ago

I also have an Elvira and the Party Monsters for TRADE only not on the floor if anyone is interested.

#21 4 years ago

I am bringing-

Joust, Airborne, Dirty Harry (nice shape with color DMD).

I have a very nice Robocop I could bring if anyone's interested in a cash purchase of $2200. Nicest of the 3 I've owned.
I have a Gottlieb Rocky machine coming from the west coast but I don't think it will be here in time for the show unfortunately, would be a nice one to bring if so!

#22 4 years ago

These will be on the floor, all (most?) for sale.

Incredible Hulk
Firepower
Jungle Lord
Solar Fire
Pharaoh
Firepower II
Raven
Genesis
No Fear
X-Files
Baywatch

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I am bringing-
Joust, Airborne, Dirty Harry (nice shape with color DMD).
I have a very nice Robocop I could bring if anyone's interested in a cash purchase of $2200. Nicest of the 3 I've owned.
I have a Gottlieb Rocky machine coming from the west coast but I don't think it will be here in time for the show unfortunately, would be a nice one to bring if so!

Joust pinball?! Impressive

#24 4 years ago

I can't get off work in time to make it Friday, but I will be there Saturday!

#25 4 years ago

Anyone know if Marco or Flip 'N Out will have EHOH or Jurassic Park Premium at the show?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone know if Marco or Flip 'N Out will have EHOH or Jurassic Park Premium at the show?

I can bring you a JP LE that has about 500 plays on it for $8300

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Marco should have at least one, in terms of for sale I don’t know.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Marco has 20 games there. 2 elviras and 2 JP premiums. Zach will have games there too. But not sure what he’s bringing

#29 4 years ago

Marco getting set up and in the house!

805DE5F3-AFB7-4AE0-A6DC-62CDEEBA8925 (resized).jpeg805DE5F3-AFB7-4AE0-A6DC-62CDEEBA8925 (resized).jpegEB00407A-E053-4D33-9B12-F9CB68A2FD78 (resized).jpegEB00407A-E053-4D33-9B12-F9CB68A2FD78 (resized).jpeg
#30 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Marco getting set up and in the house![quoted image][quoted image]

I see at least 3 JP Premiums in that photo! Plus a Comic Star Wars.

#31 4 years ago

Looking for maverick or a sorcerer or both - might be interested in Scott's firepower

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I see at least 3 JP Premiums in that photo! Plus a Comic Star Wars.

Yes 2 Elviras, 3 JP Prem’s, Pros and Prem Comic SW, ST Prem, JP Pros, DP Pro, BM66, GOTG and whatever I forgot about are all represented.

Go Marco

#33 4 years ago

It will be nice to finally meet Marco, especially since I send him a few hundred dollars most months

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looking for maverick or a sorcerer or both - might be interested in Scott's firepower

I have a Maverick that I just bought from the original owner and refurbished.

Took it from the living room it has sat in since 1995. I can't bring it to Ogre, as my truck isn't registered yet. But you can pick it up in Knoxville, on Sunday for $2k. Aside from minor sun fade on one side, and sun fade on some plastics, it is mint. All new bulbs and Titan Rubbers and drop targets. Just did a full strip and clean.

PM me if you want more info. Also interested in trades.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

It will be nice to finally meet Marco, especially since I send him a few hundred dollars most months

Mark is the founder. Marco is an actual person who works for Marco Specialties by coincidence strangely enough. I believe he run the operations part. I bet both are in Nashville.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Mark is the founder. Marco is an actual person who works for Marco Specialties by coincidence strangely enough. I believe he run the operations part. I bet both are in Nashville.

Interesting!!! Odd how that works out

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have a Maverick that I just bought from the original owner and refurbished.
Took it from the living room it has sat in since 1995. I can't bring it to Ogre, as my truck isn't registered yet. But you can pick it up in Knoxville, on Sunday for $2k. Aside from minor sun fade on one side, and sun fade on some plastics, it is mint. All new bulbs and Titan Rubbers and drop targets. Just did a full strip and clean.
PM me if you want more info. Also interested in trades.

I will message you and when you get back home we can talk. thanks

#38 4 years ago

Leaving for the show in a few hours. I have a used decent BG for Seawitch and Medusa if anyone needs them. $100 ea. Also 4 - NOS Gottlieb Volcano Pop Caps for $20. NOS and signed Whoa Nellie BG and PF for $900. I'll check the forum before I leave to see anyone needs any of this. See you at the show!

20191104_225233 (resized).jpg20191104_225233 (resized).jpg20191108_135417 (resized).jpg20191108_135417 (resized).jpg15732426142483010879159904228638 (resized).jpg15732426142483010879159904228638 (resized).jpg20191104_225103 (resized).jpg20191104_225103 (resized).jpg20191104_225129 (resized).jpg20191104_225129 (resized).jpg20191104_225212 (resized).jpg20191104_225212 (resized).jpg
#39 4 years ago

Was warming up some Marco games early during set up and Trent Augustine was on Elvira which was lined up backwards next to me. He nudged it over like 2 feet in 10 minutes?! Never had a back box bump into me during gameplay before! Lol

4DB604A3-21AE-421D-AF50-88FEC49E031C (resized).jpeg4DB604A3-21AE-421D-AF50-88FEC49E031C (resized).jpeg
#40 4 years ago

Checking in!

#41 4 years ago

Best grande ole expo to date, all games are playing fantastic and very nice selection this year.

1 small complaint - they need to have marco or another vendor bring more parts and mods. Marco had very small supply of rubbers, rebuild kits, pinballs, springs, etc... I like to buy stuff and there was not much.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Best grande ole expo to date, all games are playing fantastic and very nice selection this year.
1 small complaint - they need to have marco or another vendor bring more parts and mods. Marco had very small supply of rubbers, rebuild kits, pinballs, springs, etc... I like to buy stuff and there was not much.

If you request Marco will bring stuff you order ahead to save on shipping. Good for large items like PF Glass, but yeah not any supply sellers here.

#43 4 years ago

I was surprised by the considerably smaller ballroom size. Although it’s out of the organizers’ control, it was cool to see the space used so efficiently. Jason’s games looked and played great, especially the tournament ones on the 10th floor. Overall it was very well executed and I got to experience several new games such as Houdini and Oktoberfest.

I also got to catch up with Steve Nutter at his RetroTech game and PVM monitor booth. I would encourage anyone to stop by next year if you’ve never seen professional studio grade CRT monitors before. He buys them from liquidation sales and restores them.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you request Marco will bring stuff you order ahead to save on shipping. Good for large items like PF Glass, but yeah not any supply sellers here.

If you place an order at the show, they will ship it to you for free.

#45 4 years ago

Great show and the tournament had close to 100 players. Was a blast, can’t wait for next year!

#46 4 years ago

I enjoyed going for my second year. I remember the other place in Franklin, TN. It seemed quite a bit bigger.
Not many machines but really just fine for me. I come in on Friday, play until I'm worn out, then run around Nashville on Saturday and head home. Short trip to enjoy pinball and play machines I haven't seen in a while - or new ones. I counted about 52 machines + a dozen more or so from Marco / Flip-Out. Most were ready to play and in good condition. As you would expect, quite a few machines turned off with issues by Midnight Friday. No problems with that at all - it happens. Really like the hard top Comet there. Joust was fun. Good playing Solar Fire - happy to get time on that title. Gottlieb Genesis is a lot of fun and there was one there. The popbumper cap popped off during my game though .. bummer. There was a really nice Star Gazer and Centaur - both played really nice.Stern Catacomb and Big Game too. So quite a variety!
Lots of old 80's vids, many in amazing condition. I'm really happy to hear of 100 people in a tournament in this venue. I was hopeful that Saturday was a good turnout. I seen it promoted on the Sat. morning news in the hotel twice. This show is important to the area IMO and considering the growing activity of pinball buyers / collectors / etc. around Nashville over the last 10 years or so, I expect this show to grow. I find it a little Louisville-like in that there is a comic-con vibe with vendors, retro consoles, VR. I like that, but I wonder if that prevents growth in the pinball vendor area. I was happy to buy several sheets of glass from Marco but would have bought a lot more if there were vendors selling some playfields, hard tops, color DMD ... things like that.
Thanks show organizers and game donors for being courteous and keeping with this show. I'll keep coming back!

#47 4 years ago

Another poster acquired from this great show.
Grand Ole Expo on the wall.
Grand Ole Exploited on the player.

poster (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpg
#48 4 years ago
Quoted from RobCraig:

I enjoyed going for my second year. I remember the other place in Franklin, TN. It seemed quite a bit bigger.
Not many machines but really just fine for me. I come in on Friday, play until I'm worn out, then run around Nashville on Saturday and head home. Short trip to enjoy pinball and play machines I haven't seen in a while - or new ones. I counted about 52 machines + a dozen more or so from Marco / Flip-Out. Most were ready to play and in good condition. As you would expect, quite a few machines turned off with issues by Midnight Friday. No problems with that at all - it happens. Really like the hard top Comet there. Joust was fun. Good playing Solar Fire - happy to get time on that title. Gottlieb Genesis is a lot of fun and there was one there. The popbumper cap popped off during my game though .. bummer. There was a really nice Star Gazer and Centaur - both played really nice.Stern Catacomb and Big Game too. So quite a variety!
Lots of old 80's vids, many in amazing condition. I'm really happy to hear of 100 people in a tournament in this venue. I was hopeful that Saturday was a good turnout. I seen it promoted on the Sat. morning news in the hotel twice. This show is important to the area IMO and considering the growing activity of pinball buyers / collectors / etc. around Nashville over the last 10 years or so, I expect this show to grow. I find it a little Louisville-like in that there is a comic-con vibe with vendors, retro consoles, VR. I like that, but I wonder if that prevents growth in the pinball vendor area. I was happy to buy several sheets of glass from Marco but would have bought a lot more if there were vendors selling some playfields, hard tops, color DMD ... things like that.
Thanks show organizers and game donors for being courteous and keeping with this show. I'll keep coming back!

yea, it really was a great show that improves every year. Don't forget Music City Pinball had a entire row of solid machines, I think 10-12 and Jason (Game Galaxy) had some of his nicest games there. They really need to hire a full time tech to keep games going and a larger selection of parts vendor/vendors would be awesome.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yea, it really was a great show that improves every year. Don't forget Music City Pinball had a entire row of solid machines, I think 10-12 and Jason (Game Galaxy) had some of his nicest games there. They really need to hire a full time tech to keep games going and a larger selection of parts vendor/vendors would be awesome.

Don't forget the 24 or so machines on the 10th floor for the tournament (also provided by Jason). Fathom, Quicksilver and some other unique SS.

#50 4 years ago

I was at this event and enjoyed it quite a bit. Other than the new machines of course, I found myself going back to playing Comet and Centaur again and again. Both were in top shape and played very well. I even collected the 1 million point shot on Comet for only the second time in my life in my last game on it on Sunday, and I got the 5-ball multiball on Centaur. Special thanks in particular to the owners of those two machines for bringing them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-ole-gameroom-expo-2019-nov-8-10-nashville-tn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.