• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

OK - been working on a project Grand Lizard for a while before I restored it, it booted up with board issues. So, I sent the board off to be fixed - the board is 100% because I am not even getting power to test that....

But, before the restore the game booted up now it just seems like it is getting no power at all to anything. I tested the fuse in the power box it is good. I even pulled the fuse assembly and straight wired it to make sure it is not the holder. I tested the service outlet it is getting power....

Next would be the transformer - but those never go bad....

The issue I have is that on this game since it sat so long I used the power driver board on another game and replaced it with a Gulf Pinball board brand new - seems like that should work, I would at least get a beep during game boot up.

Any tips to trouble shoot this game? I am now looking to the very old schematics and pulling the meter out thought I would ask. I think I am missing something obvious - I know all the molex connections are good rechecked those, checked all the fuses on all the boards.

The game is restored just sitting there all beautiful saying play me - but she is getting no power. Never really had it not at least beep when you flick the switch. Again it booted up before my big restore....

Don't want to throw money at the problem - buying a new board the Gulf Pinball power boards have been good for me in the past.

#3 5 years ago

Can line filters go bad - seems unlikely - but the switch is good ohmed to the transformer it is good but when I check for voltage I get none....that leaves a line filter.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks - never had this happen before. Worked before restore stopped after...sure sometimes switches need adjusting but not even a beep on startup is rare for me.

#9 5 years ago

I don’t get a beep or a light or anything.

That’s why I thought it was power box fuse, does not even get to a point to have the lights go on. Everything worked before the restore so it seems wierd it would be the transformer but maybe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-pinball-no-power-at-all-not-the-fuse-in-power-box?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.