• Latest reply 10 years ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1752.jpg
#1 11 years ago

This one is for all GL owners out there. And I'm sure I've read someone else talking about this somewhere... but is there any modification or adjustment that can be done to prevent the multiball from going directly down the crapper?

I stuck a tiny piece of cardboard in between the rail and a post just to deflect it coming out but I'd like a more permanent less trashy looking fix.

It's a difficult game to lock balls for multiball to begin with but nothing pisses me off more than locking 3 balls and having them spit out and follow each other 1,2,3 down the center drain. It's brutal.

#2 11 years ago

Remove the screw from the metal rail guide that diverts the ball out of the lock. Bend it out slightly so the tab is past the screw hole in the playfield then reinsert the screw in the hole. It will now divert the ball down to the right flipper when locked balls are released. I did this on mine, worked great and no sloppy modification needed.

#3 11 years ago

Beautiful!!! Thanks! Thy will be done!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Remove the screw from the metal rail guide that diverts the ball out of the lock. Bend it out slightly so the tab is past the screw hole in the playfield then reinsert the screw in the hole. It will now divert the ball down to the right flipper when locked balls are released. I did this on mine, worked great and no sloppy modification needed.

Tried this, the balls just get stuck between the guide and the ramp post.

#5 11 years ago

Mine does this as well, really disappointing, and I do not have a good solution to date.

#6 11 years ago

Just checked on my GL. When multiball starts, the balls hit the left flipper, not the right. Maybe you could try asdjusting the metal rail guide to the left instead. Went and snapped a pic of what mine looks like.

100_1752.jpg100_1752.jpg

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

Just checked on my GL. When multiball starts, the balls hit the left flipper, not the right. Maybe you could try asdjusting the metal rail guide to the left instead. Went and snapped a pic of what mine looks like.

Interesting. Does the ball clip that post at all on yours? It definately looks like your rail is further back. I'm not sure a ball can even touch the red post on mine. I haven't made the adjustment yet so I may be able to play with it a bit right or left. Thanks for the feedback guys.

#8 11 years ago

Here's another question... some... not all of my playfield inserts are raised up from the surface of the playfield. on a slower moving ball they drastically change the direction of the ball. Is that normal? Can it be fixed?

#9 11 years ago

That is typical wear over time, not "normal," as playfield should be flat and not affect ball direction. There are websites and threads here that show you how to reset them. The inserts can be removed and reset or tapped down in some cases. Over time, if they stay raised, will chip, crack, and wear from the ball.

#10 11 years ago

My GL does the same as the OP's -- I will give it a shot tonight and post results. I also hate the 3-balls SDTM there.
MOF

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

When I started reading this thread, I was gonna say I've never seen this happen.

My Grand Lizard was Gnatty's, so that probably explains it. It's a good fix - it works!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Tried it, helps a hair. Wish there was a way to get the ramp to hug the edge more. The lamp is really in the way of my personal freedoms.
MOF

#13 10 years ago

So here's my final thoughts. I appreciate the feedback. I tried bending it out a bit and it worked. But in terms of looks... the rail stuck out past the edge of the plastic which looked terrible. So I tried going the other way and pushing it back... as tight up against the red post as possible. This works as the ball catches the post and bounces to the right flipper and it's hidden under the plastic. The only unfortunate part is you can now see part of the first hole I drilled on the play field. But, it's only visible if you look for it... it's not really visible from the playing position so I'll have to live with it.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Tried it, helps a hair. Wish there was a way to get the ramp to hug the edge more. The lamp is really in the way of my personal freedoms.
MOF

You have to be right up against the light but try pushing it back. Worked just dandy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-multi-ball-center-drain-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.