Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Spybryon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have an issue with my Grand Lizard. I have rebuilt the power supply board and everything is working correctly other than a few of the lights in the upper back glass and all 5 of the read outs are out. RE: scores and players? Where should I start? All sounds and playfield lights are playing the way they should.

#2 10 years ago

Hate to ask the hard question, but: Was everything working properly before you rebuilt the power supply.

For the backbox light issue, normally that is an issue with the connector on the interconnect board (J6 I think). I don't think the power supply has anything to do with GI on a system 11.

I don't even know where to begin for the displays, other than to say check your voltages.

#3 10 years ago

Check your fuses for the +100v , -100v circuits coming off the power supply board.

2 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

Sorry I have been out of town. I have checked all of the fuses on the general illumination board. F1 was blown but nothing happened when I replaced it. The display was fine for a long time but I started to have lighting problems so I had assumed it was all in one. Now all the lights and sounds are full up and running...other than the 5 displays. I do not think I have seen the "fuses for the +100v , -100v circuits coming off the power supply board." are they on the board or inline somewhere else?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DCSPORTSFAN:

Sorry I have been out of town. I have checked all of the fuses on the general illumination board. F1 was blown but nothing happened when I replaced it. The display was fine for a long time but I started to have lighting problems so I had assumed it was all in one. Now all the lights and sounds are full up and running...other than the 5 displays. I do not think I have seen the "fuses for the +100v , -100v circuits coming off the power supply board." are they on the board or inline somewhere else?

Hey I owned a Grand Lizard and live in the same general area. What part of DC area are you in? I am just over the Loudoun County line in Charles Town. If you are nearby I could help you out or PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. Most likely a fuse or a connector. We can try to track it down on the schematics.

#6 9 years ago

On top of the powersupply connector 3J5, what are your voltages?

#7 9 years ago

to Jester... I am sorry I am not in DC, down in Va. Beach. thanks for the offer!

Vid,

1. 63.8
2. no wire
3. 63.4
4. 58.3
5. space
6. 66.3

Thanks

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DCSPORTSFAN:

Vid,

1. 63.8
2. no wire
3. 63.4
4. 58.3
5. space
6. 66.3

Thanks

OK, let's try that again, but this time for real:

This is a high voltage test, so make sure you have rubber shoes on and are NOT touching any other machines or any metal on the Grand Lizard. Do not lean on the metal rails. I can't be responsible if you kill yourself, or zap your cock by pressing it against the rails.

The power supply board has the giant heat sink on it.

The upper left connector should be labeled 3J5 (display power connector)

6 pin connector, and pin 1 is on the Left.

Put your meter on DC.

Put black meter lead on pin 1(black wire).

Put red lead on pin 3 (orn/bk/wht) = Negative 100v (-100v)

Put red lead on pin 4 (brown wire) = +100v

Put red lead on pin 6 (gray wire) = +5v

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

zap your cock by pressing it against the rails.

That never gets old.

#10 9 years ago

I hope this is right...the only one I got a steady reading out of was the orange wire. The other 2 were up and down a good bit.

Put black meter lead on pin 1(black wire).

Put red lead on pin 3 (orn/bk/wht) = Negative 100v (-100v) ---138.~

Put red lead on pin 4 (brown wire) = +100v --- .33~

Put red lead on pin 6 (gray wire) = +5v --- 3.5~

#11 9 years ago

What should they be?

#12 9 years ago

Should be:

Pin 3 = -100vdc
Pin 4 = +100vdc
Pin 6 = +5vdc

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DCSPORTSFAN:

I do not think I have seen the "fuses for the +100v , -100v circuits coming off the power supply board." are they on the board or inline somewhere else?

I meant you should check the fuse for the score displays. On my Firepower this is fuse F1 score displays. It is a 90v 0.25 amp slow blow. Double check your manual for GL and find that same fuse and test it with a meter.

#14 9 years ago

If flashers are out, make sure you got 63's installed before you go to town with the dmv and iron.

2 months later
#15 9 years ago

I have really been draging my feet with this pin.
I just replaced R4 AND R1 resistors and the display came on for a "few" 2-3 seconds at best and not the entire display. I tested the pins again after that, they are as follows...

Orange= Negative 100v is at .8
Brown= +100v is at 98.6
Gray= +5 is at 4.98

It must have a lot to do with the orange coming in at .8, but where do I go from here?

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

deleted bad advice...

Test & replace some more of the components in the HV section of power supply. There's really not that much to the HV section.

#17 9 years ago

Looking at the schematic, it's basically Q3, Q4, ZR4, C4, R6, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.