Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago

Clip a voltmeter to the 5 volt TP and ground TP on the cpu. Play some games and monitor the voltage during mutiball. Make sure you have plenty of gap on the slam switch on the coin door. Report back the voltage you find.

3 weeks later
#50 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Clip a voltmeter to the 5 volt TP and ground TP on the cpu. Play some games and monitor the voltage during mutiball. Make sure you have plenty of gap on the slam switch on the coin door. Report back the voltage you find.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the 5 volt TP and ground TP?

On the CPU board there is a metal stud between U-21 and U-22 that is for checking the 5 volts that is on the board. And just to the left of the battery pack the is another stud marked ground. Its important that these are used for testing. Testing the power supply 5 volt doesn't mean that it actually made it to the CPU board. The CPU board is what is causing the resets so you need to know what the voltage is on the CPU board when it happens. It could be heat related so you need to clip on to the test points and close the insert panel and have someone watch the voltmeter while you play games until it resets. Let me know what the voltage was just prior to the reset.

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I was not in Multiball or anything and the DMM never dipped below 4.9.

Thoughts??

If it were me I would replace every diode on the coils. This is a cheap and easy thing to do. I also had game resets from a bad U-27 ROM socket, but this is a much harder thing to change and I don't recommend doing it unless you know for sure that its causing a problem. On my board I could apply light pressure on U-27 and it cause CPU reboots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-game-just-dies?tu=grumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.