5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RaoulJuke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone. Novice pinball owner here. Picked myself up a Grand Lizard yesterday. Worked fine all yesterday but today i switched it on and the flippers were not working. Located a blown 5A fuse at F2. Didn't have a spare 5A, so used a 4A to test. Replaced fuse and turned it on and fuse did not blow. Started game and all fine. Once i started using the flippers however - around the 5th or 6th flip - the fuse will blow. Doesn't matter which flipper i am flipping - both blows the fuse.

The fuse will not blow unless the flippers are being activated. If i do 2 or 3 quick flips, it blows faster. If i do "slow" flips - you can see the fuse heat up, but won't blow.

Another side note, when i occasionally hit the flipper, i am getting points despite no targets being hit - so assume another switch is being activated. Doesn't happen with every flip - but maybe 1 in 4.

Noticed a stray wire on the coin door and re-attached that - but made no difference.

Anyone offer any advice on how to proceed from here?

#grandlizard

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

The extraneous points are not connected to flipper power fuse opening.
Inspect the flippers EndOfStroke switch that opens when the flipper reaches zenith. It must open at least 1/16" with flip all the way up.
Do any flippers get hot to touch just before flips die?
A good idea is a circuit breaker for F2 so you're not troubleshooting with fuses.
Good luck! Let us know what you discover.

Thanks for this - i have read this to mean that I need to check the EOS to ensure there is enough space inbetween the 2 contacts when fully open. I have checked and made adjustments and felt comfortable it was ok.

I then placed a newly acquired SB 5a into F2 and tested the flipper. It appeared to work fine for a while. I then tried a few quicker flips and noticed it heating up again. I let it settle and then gave it 2 standard flips and it blew again. I felt the coils shortly after the fuse blew and felt no real heat coming off them

I can provide a photo of the EOS closed and open if that is helpful

#4 5 years ago

Also, the game was giving points to me for just hitting the flippers still. Again, not every flip - but by the time the fuse had blown i was up to 16,000 without any targets being hit

#5 5 years ago

Daydreaming on this and just realised i never checked the EOS's for the top 2 flippers - i will check them when i get home and update further

#6 5 years ago

ok thank you - you were 100% correct. I checked the top left flipper and indeed the EOS had slipped out of position. My wife & I just played about 20-30 games without a fuse blowing. Thank you for the excellent, yet simple advice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-f2-fuse-blowing?tu=RaoulJuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.