0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #99 Fine Tuning Tips Posted by mof (10 years ago)

Post #100 More Fine Tuning Posted by mof (10 years ago)

Post #194 Playing Tips Video Posted by L8vid (9 years ago)

Post #196 BGResto Proto Backglass. Posted by RustyLizard (9 years ago)

Post #510 Possible Buzz Fix Posted by FLASHBALL (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mercyscene.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#903 5 years ago

I bought a Grand Lizard as my first pin about two months ago, and as a family we have already racked up about 2,000 games. I will eventually finish reading through all of the posts here, but I do wonder about any super challenges you all have tried to achieve since the game isn't particularly deep. Someone suggested attempting to catch all three balls on one magnet during multiball.

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Biggest challenge is to focus on rolling the game.

I've hit 7M on three balls and 9.4M with extra balls. From other comments, it sounds like this is achievable.
I have noticed on my machine that occasionally you can shoot from the left flipper through the spinner straight into the upper left loop. Anyone tried continuing this with shots down the right orbit, up the left ramp, straight down through the spinner and into the lock shot?!
I've shot a ball back to the plunger once or twice....

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Has anyone done some fine-tuned tweaking of settings to increase the difficulty of the game? I'd like to increase the difficulty, so that 1-2 mil is a real accomplishment.
Here are some things I'm considering:
1. remove the easy-backhand on the cave horseshoe -- tweak the upper flipper to have less range of motion.
2. install -- hard settings
3. get pitch to 6.5' -- right now I'm at 5' and the live catch is too easy from the spinner.
4. remove the center post? (Is that crazy?)
5. 2 max extra balls
6. Just 1 earned extra ball at 1,000,000.
Has anyone set up a really tough GL ?
-mof

So I toyed with the difficulty settings over the first few weeks, but for now it sits at factory for the timers at least. I would certainly consider changing the three bank to harder so that all completions are timed and set the mystery and speed 50 shots to as short as possible so that you must make the shot on the first try.
My pitch is already at 6.5 but occasionally I set 1/2 inch boards under the back legs. I think this is plenty for this game, but a friend of mine uses 2x4 blocks to change up his games.
I did remove the center post for a short time, but I decided that the post would probably give me at least one or two clutch saves if I intend to roll the score.
I play all or nothing on extra balls, usually nothing.
I have my replays set to 2M, 3M, and 4M, audit only.
I imagine that wax would reveal some wicked spin moves!

I also have a 6-year-old who likes playing, so I try not to leave it too punishing....

Added over 5 years ago:

I would say a huge game changer is moving the plastic posts above the outlanes. I have my right post at the lowest position (easiest position) and the band there returns soooo many balls to the flippers.

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Anyone else notice there is a playfield protector available for Grand Lizard now? Very tempting, but not sure I'm up for removing my mylar anytime soon. If anyone gets one of these I'd love to hear about it.
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/VU7Ii-7DVk67NeY-92Fnig?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Grand%20Lizard%20%7C%201986

I bought my GL with a playfield protector so I don't know any differently. There is a decal over the upper playfield and then the protector throughout. I have not tried to wax it yet, but it plays just fine!

#909 5 years ago

Anyone tried scoring less than 3,300 in a game?
Anyone tried collecting both A & B mystery awards on the same shot? This seems impossible even with multiball, but you would need to hit something like right inlane, A ramp bottom gate, left inlane, and B ramp all the way to the top, within about 5 seconds.
Anyone tried scoring the upper playfield Special with less than 200,000 points? 12 x 1,000 + 6 x 25,000 = 162,000....

2 months later
#958 5 years ago

I sent pictures of my lizard head to someone on the Buffalo Pinball Facebook page. Post there or find and message Christopher Camacho if interested.

#959 5 years ago

I thought I saw a hint about new code for this machine but I have no other details. Anyone have more info on this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mercyscene.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free?tu=mercyscene and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.