0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 33.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Partial bump to post #399.
I'm thinking about adding LED's to my machine but quite confused over what lights to order for specific locations on the pin. Is there a guide somewhere that says something like "replace bulb for "A" ramp with white LED?

i just wrote up a "LED map" (quick drawing of the playfield and then adding in all the lamp locations and what colors the inserts had there) myself when i did it.

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

i just wrote up a "LED map" (quick drawing of the playfield and then adding in all the lamp locations and what colors the inserts had there) myself when i did it.

Care to share your map?

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Care to share your map?

Sorry, it was on a piece of paper i thrown out since then, otherwise i would

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I think your on to something here. I have two GL's and the reimport has three while the US version only has two. Its hard to say what all has been done to these pins since they rolled out of the factory but I would bet some of the older operators could shed some light.

The guy who repairs my pins has always been an operator for the last 40 years and he told me that games that were sent to Europe had 3 coin slots because the law obliged them to do so in Europe, but the games that stayed in the U.S. and Canada had only 2 coin slots.

#405 8 years ago

Happy to see a GL club. If everything goes right I'm going to be getting one on Wednesday this week!

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Happy to see a GL club. If everything goes right I'm going to be getting one on Wednesday this week!

Welcome!
If you look on page 5 and 6 me and Bumper are making a new alternative plastics set for GL, if you are interested.

#407 8 years ago

Awesome! I really like the prototype glass for this machine. But I don't feel like moving the displays. More work than I want to jump into. Has anyone here ever done backglass touchup? I have a small area on the left hand of green that's scratched off.

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Awesome! I really like the prototype glass for this machine. But I don't feel like moving the displays. More work than I want to jump into. Has anyone here ever done backglass touchup? I have a small area on the left hand of green that's scratched off.

You can get one with the displays areas relocated for the production machine at bgresto: http://bgresto.com/?p=972

#409 8 years ago

These drawings are fantastic!

Quoted from Luzur:

Hey, if you have access to "sticker" printing you could print out my earlier mod as a sticker, from the responses ive seen you would have customers.
Anyway, i did some more work on some other plastics parts, and started on the big part on the left of the middle spinner, iw as thinking on doing a big Grand Lizard claw there so you shoot the ball into the "dungeon" between his claws, and maybe a mandrill (if possible to fit in).
Opinions, remarks and stuff you may want added or removed appreciated.

IMG_1887.jpg

#410 8 years ago

Bitchen! Count me in.

Quoted from Luzur:

Ok, ive written down:
Silverballer
FirstPinGLin2011
Nephasth
Xeneize
Nibaliba
BumperMcBaulhogh
Psd4me
myself
sofar, awaiting answers from 2 guys more
Btw, i also made a little "mock-up" pic in my paint program, to show you how the plastics will prob look when in place (not exactly like this though, i had to shrink, turn and fix up alot when making this) in GL.

IMG_1899_(resized).JPG

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Bitchen! Count me in.

Added.

#412 8 years ago

Ive just finished (30 minutes ago in fact) putting on the last layer of laquer on the field and touching up some playfield colors, now starts the long journey of putting everything back in place

Thank God that i have alot of LP's to listen too while "screwing around" LOL

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You can get one with the displays areas relocated for the production machine at bgresto: http://bgresto.com/?p=972

Thanks K3V

Has anyone used bgresto to get the prototype glass for their machine? Wondering how the process works and if the price is way up there?

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Thanks K3V
Has anyone used bgresto to get the prototype glass for their machine? Wondering how the process works and if the price is way up there?

Well they said this to me whe i emailed them:

"A complete restoration for your Williams Grand Lizard Prototype (retrofitted for use with the Production Sys-11 Lamp Board) original artwork on new tempered glass and authorized by PPS/Bally-Williams is $225USD + $120 UPSPS Priority International Shipping shipping cost to your address in Sweden. Each restoration is made to order and usually ships within 4-5 weeks of receipt of order. "

But i bet you guys over in the States dont have the 120USD shipping expensives LOL

#415 8 years ago

Well i finished up my GL now (everything put back in place) after the mylar removal and now my GL actually feels smooth (+ look like new in the artwork, bright and shiny) again in the gameplay.

I was somewhat pondering while playing now about some sort of..i dunno, "sideart" on the insides along the walls of the playfield, is that something that would look good you guys think?

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well they said this to me whe i emailed them:
"A complete restoration for your Williams Grand Lizard Prototype (retrofitted for use with the Production Sys-11 Lamp Board) original artwork on new tempered glass and authorized by PPS/Bally-Williams is $225USD + $120 UPSPS Priority International Shipping shipping cost to your address in Sweden. Each restoration is made to order and usually ships within 4-5 weeks of receipt of order. "
But i bet you guys over in the States dont have the 120USD shipping expensives LOL

I've got one on order. Was $65 shipping in the U.S. Order placed on Jan. 21, so we're at about 5 weeks now.

#417 8 years ago

Thanks for posting the info regarding the proto bg's. I am interested but hung up on their wording a little. Complete restoration...new tempered glass. These are new backglasses - you are not sending in your originals. Is this correct? They are selling licensed backglasses with the original proto art adapted for the system 11 lighting config.? I'm a little slow today and need things clearly explained.

#418 8 years ago

It's a little confusing but yeah, you're just buying a new backglass. You get to keep your original.

#419 8 years ago

We're playing Grand Lizard tonight on Twitch! 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#420 8 years ago

Anyone find someone who is willing to do playfield restorations on GL?

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Thanks for posting the info regarding the proto bg's. I am interested but hung up on their wording a little. Complete restoration...new tempered glass. These are new backglasses - you are not sending in your originals. Is this correct? They are selling licensed backglasses with the original proto art adapted for the system 11 lighting config.? I'm a little slow today and need things clearly explained.

You are buying a brand new backglass, the old one you can put in storage or give away to the neighbourhood kids.

2 weeks later
#422 8 years ago

There is an annoying hum when I turn on my Grand Lizard. I've read this is common with system 11 games. Is there a solution for this problem?

Pinwiki says to make sure all the boards are tightly secured to the ground plain. I believe all my screws are in tightly.

Would like to eliminate the hum if I can.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

There is an annoying hum when I turn on my Grand Lizard. I've read this is common with system 11 games. Is there a solution for this problem?
Pinwiki says to make sure all the boards are tightly secured to the ground plain. I believe all my screws are in tightly.
Would like to eliminate the hum if I can.

Flash,

You can't get rid of it on Grand Lizard. It's annoying, but unfortunately it's something you have to deal with.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Flash,
You can't get rid of it on Grand Lizard. It's annoying, but unfortunately it's something you have to deal with.

Yep, its permanent unfortunatly.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Flash,

I read an article about putting nylon washers between your sound board and the mounting bracket. Thought it might be worth a try at least?

#426 8 years ago

If someone figures it out please share. The buzz on mine is pretty annoying.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I read an article about putting nylon washers between your sound board and the mounting bracket. Thought it might be worth a try at least?

I tried that with a data east Star Wars. Waste of time. No difference

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I've never heard of such thing, not saying it's not true, just that everyone I have ever talked to said it is a "feature" to Grand Lizard. Even in the restorations that Todd Tuckey does, he mentions the buzz and that there is no way to eliminate it.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I've never heard of such thing, not saying it's not true, just that everyone I have ever talked to said it is a "feature" to Grand Lizard. Even in the restorations that Todd Tuckey does, he mentions the buzz and that there is no way to eliminate it.

Well, its probably possible to eliminate it by doing new boards and wiring from scratch, though.

#430 8 years ago

My proto backglass from BGResto arrived today. SO much better! Here's the before and after:

AfterAfter

#432 8 years ago

BG looks good, but doe it have the Shoot Again and Game Over fields?

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from Applezz:

BG looks good, but doe it have the Shoot Again and Game Over fields?

Sure does! They're hidden in the artwork and only show up when they're lit.

#434 8 years ago

Geez, i really must get me one of these (and also hound Bumper abit more to get those plastics done anytime soon ) translites!

Totally changes this game to a more "mature" version from the "Cartoon Network" version.

#435 8 years ago

K3V:

How long ago did you order your glass from BGResto? I paid for one back in December and am still waiting...

#436 8 years ago

My proto backglass from BGResto arrived today. SO much better! Here's the before and after:

gl1_(resized).jpggl2_(resized).jpg

To be sure I'm following along correctly, the first picture is one of the pre-production back glasses, correct? And the second picture is the more common one, that you had re-made?

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

To be sure I'm following along correctly, the first picture is one of the pre-production back glasses, correct? And the second picture is the more common one, that you had re-made?

BGResto made me the pre-production backglass (http://bgresto.com/?p=972) with the Paul Farris art, and I took out the common, production one with the Python Anghelo art. I reordered the pictures and put captions on them to make it clear which is the before and after. Hover your mouse over the picture to see the caption.

Quoted from xeneize:

K3V:

How long ago did you order your glass from BGResto? I paid for one back in December and am still waiting...

I placed my order on Jan. 21.

Quoted from Luzur:

Geez, i really must get me one of these (and also hound Bumper abit more to get those plastics done anytime soon ) translites!
Totally changes this game to a more "mature" version from the "Cartoon Network" version.

I need those plastics to make my game complete!

#438 8 years ago

Is the buzz you guys are talking about happening in sequence with the attract mode light display?

#439 8 years ago

K3v - Thanks for the info. I guess the order of the photos is what threw me off. Now, I tried to hover over the photo and accidentally clicked the "nsfw image". Anybody now how to reverse that?

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Is the buzz you guys are talking about happening in sequence with the attract mode light display?

That's what mine does, yeah.

Quoted from djreddog:

K3v - Thanks for the info. I guess the order of the photos is what threw me off. Now, I tried to hover over the photo and accidentally clicked the "nsfw image". Anybody now how to reverse that?

I think if you hover over the same image and click the ! again it'll un-do the NSFW

#441 8 years ago

That's what mine does, yeah.

My buzz was drastically reduced after installing LEDs in all of my inserts.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

My buzz was drastically reduced after installing LEDs in all of my inserts.

Yeah, i also noticed it was reduced when putting LED's under the plastics on the playfield, gonna order up another bag of them and finish LED´ing the playfield inserts.

#443 8 years ago

Good excuse to invest in some LEDs. Guess I'm gonna have to!

#444 8 years ago

The buzz on mine is still pretty loud and everything underneath the entire playfield is LED'd, although everything above the playfield is still incandescent including behind the backglass.

#445 8 years ago

Inserts and BG are LED'd on mine. GI is still incandescent.

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Inserts and BG are LED'd on mine. GI is still incandescent.

What did you use behind your BG? Just curious if you went with color or just frosted white. I think Im going to do my BG next.

#447 8 years ago

Mostly white. A few spots of color.

#448 8 years ago

I color-rigged my BG and plastics bub's, but im not really satisfied over it since the plastics and BG are kinda dang hard to get right, it seems LOL

IMG_1769_(resized).JPGIMG_1769_(resized).JPG
IMG_1770_(resized).JPGIMG_1770_(resized).JPG
IMG_1771_(resized).JPGIMG_1771_(resized).JPG

I will probably go with just whites too when i get the new plastics, since i have no idea how they will look with color LED's...

1 week later
#449 8 years ago

My solenoids fuse went out over the weekend right in the midst of a heated battle between my dad and I. Both of us had high score games going... ended up shutting the game off only to discover it was just a fuse.

Anyone else have trouble with solenoid fuse? Or was this just a fluke?

#450 8 years ago

If it gets blown again during normal use, it's time to start investigating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.