f1daa3f3eae04930e5e3a1fd90f7a6bdd6fd5b4f (resized).jpg
304 (resized).jpg
302 (resized).jpg
301 (resized).jpg
303 (resized).jpg
gl4 (resized).jpg
gl3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 67 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Come play GL at Pincinnati this weekend.
You will not be disappointed!

You are correct! Great playing Lizard

#1452 64 days ago

Made these flipper decals. I think they would look great on Grand Lizard.
4 decals for $10.
IMG_20221122_143231 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163425 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163655 (resized).jpg

#1453 62 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is there art underneath them all the way?
Looks like bare wood on the right hand side.

Yeah, who knows if clear would look good.

I just did my road kings, and it's like night/day the difference from the old black one:

5E53C474-A3C8-4266-928C-1A3C80B6FD5F (resized).jpeg
#1454 58 days ago

RK is a pretty cool sys11, I’ve been thinking about trying to find one of those.

#1455 57 days ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

RK is a pretty cool sys11, I’ve been thinking about trying to find one of those.

I got mine for $1000.00. Its honestly super addicting to play i'm finding. I like playing for high score/scoreboard, etc. and it's awesome. That clear ramp is killer and the ramp flap is super shiny.

it's better than a bunch of system 11s i can think of: big guns, millionaire, hs (yes, imo), and a few others.

3 weeks later
#1456 36 days ago

Hey guys, I got a Grand Lizard a month or so ago, and have been maintaining and upgrading whatever I can. I was wondering if there are any suggestions on a few of my upcoming tasks.

Ramp: The B ramp entrance plate (4 screws, flat square piece under the gate, not sure the name) has cracked where one of the screws hold it down. There's also a small crack on that edge of ramp, causing it to flex quite a bit if hit. Any suggestions on how to repair, or if finding a new ramp is the only option? I haven't found any for sale so far.

Table: There is currently some old mylar on the table that is bubbling up and has some dirt/air pockets beneath. My plan there was to freeze and carefully remove, heat the insert lights that have become not flush with the table from underneath to get flat again, then apply a new mylar set. I'm wondering what the best way to clean/polish the table would be inbetween mylars, and if a second round of mylar is even needed.

Thanks in advance! Also is this one of the most under-rated games or what? Buddies and I have been having a blast.

#1457 36 days ago
Quoted from dahmo:

Hey guys, I got a Grand Lizard a month or so ago, and have been maintaining and upgrading whatever I can. I was wondering if there are any suggestions on a few of my upcoming tasks.
Ramp: The B ramp entrance plate (4 screws, flat square piece under the gate, not sure the name) has cracked where one of the screws hold it down. There's also a small crack on that edge of ramp, causing it to flex quite a bit if hit. Any suggestions on how to repair, or if finding a new ramp is the only option? I haven't found any for sale so far.
Table: There is currently some old mylar on the table that is bubbling up and has some dirt/air pockets beneath. My plan there was to freeze and carefully remove, heat the insert lights that have become not flush with the table from underneath to get flat again, then apply a new mylar set. I'm wondering what the best way to clean/polish the table would be inbetween mylars, and if a second round of mylar is even needed.
Thanks in advance! Also is this one of the most under-rated games or what? Buddies and I have been having a blast.

Before pulling Mylar and messing with inserts definitely checkout this thread and read through it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

#1458 36 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Before pulling Mylar and messing with inserts definitely checkout this thread and read through it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

Yes, thank you for reminding me- I had come across that thread initially when looking into fixing the raised inserts. I had some success with heating from underneath and pressing on top, but I didn't want to heat up the mylar too much so I backed out until it's removed. A lot of the bubbles in it are surrounding the raised inserts anyways, so the table won't be flat unless both are addressed.

#1459 36 days ago

Don’t bother with new Mylar. Wax and enjoy.

#1460 35 days ago
Quoted from dahmo:

My plan there was to freeze and carefully remove,

Whenever you remove mylar there is a close to 100% chance of losing some art. So, if you have read the Vid’s Guide to playfield restoration and think it’s something you could be up for, you should go all in and do it right. There are a lot of playfields out there that have been brought to a sad state from people removing mylar and doing coarse touch ups where insert lettering or other paint came up with the adhesive. It’s a shame to put mylar back down on an unprotected playfield once you’ve already pulled it up and cleaned all the adhesive residue up. If your GL is in good condition, it’s worth restoring, as it doesn’t seem to be a high priority for CPR.

Quoted from dahmo:

There's also a small crack on that edge of ramp, causing it to flex quite a bit if hit. Any suggestions on how to repair, or if finding a new ramp is the only option?

There’s a Vid’s Guide on this topic, but I don’t remember what it’s called. But, fiberglass resin that you can get at most any hardware store is your friend, as is the fiberglass mesh that is found next to it on the rack. With it you can make a very strong repair, do it from the back side where it won’t be visible. You don’t need finesse, and the material won’t let you try, so go ahead and let it be ugly while it sets up. You can sand it pretty aggressively, start with 80 grit. I have done this on unobtainium ramps a few times and it really does hold up well.

Also, Freeplay40 is planning to make new GL ramps, so if you can keep your existing one patched up, you’ll eventually be able to get a nice new one, probably in translucent green!

#1461 34 days ago
Quoted from dahmo:

Table: There is currently some old mylar on the table that is bubbling up and has some dirt/air pockets beneath. My plan there was to freeze and carefully remove, heat the insert lights that have become not flush with the table from underneath to get flat again, then apply a new mylar set.

My advice is to leave it.

1 week later
#1462 22 days ago

Have sent mine to our local show 3 straight times. Always popular, no pops, magna save and the 3X score on multiball makes it very different. Love the drum beats!

#1463 22 days ago

Bought mine from the last festival i went to. they told me he'd never sell it, but i brought it home.

Good on ya for taking it, such a great game!

Took my Sorcerer my first time down there.

#1464 20 days ago

Also, Freeplay40 is planning to make new GL ramps

SAY IT'S SO !!!

that's exciting...

#1465 15 days ago

I have a NIB prototype translite for sale. Asking 75 shipped. PM me if interested.

#1466 14 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bought mine from the last festival i went to. they told me he'd never sell it, but i brought it home.
Good on ya for taking it, such a great game!
Took my Sorcerer my first time down there.

I wanted to buy this from whom you got it from had tried to get it for many years so congrats on getting it ...

#1467 14 days ago

GL is the 80’s equivalent of BSD. The total game package… same legendary designer.

#1468 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I wanted to buy this from whom you got it from had tried to get it for many years so congrats on getting it ...

Marco told me at Pinfest he only knew of two around, his and Marks and he said neither of them were for sale.

When i talked to Mark i said 'what's your don't want to sell it price?'.

And that's what i paid, he wouldn't budge.

#1469 14 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

I have a NIB prototype translite for sale. Asking 75 shipped. PM me if interested.

Translite has been sold.

#1470 14 days ago

Now if only someone has the prototype plastics for sale, or a file so I can make some.

#1471 8 days ago

Also, Freeplay40 is planning to make new GL ramps, so if you can keep your existing one patched up, you’ll eventually be able to get a nice new one, probably in translucent green!

Nice, i had in mind to do the same(or make some sort of stickers for them) but the idea havent come into fruition yet LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greer, SC
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.