0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone mind sharing what they did for LEDs on GL? Looking for ideas on how to approach my LED conversion.

I just bought bulk natural white from comet. Brings out the art, you can add a few color match inserts too.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I just bought bulk natural white from comet. Brings out the art, you can add a few color match inserts too.

Thanks for the response.

I bought both natural and sunlight 2SMD from comet. I’ll play around with to see what looks good. Natural white looks great on PinBot so I’m hoping for more of the same on GL.

Leaving the flashers incandescent as I don’t want to permanently change my machine.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone mind sharing what they did for LEDs on GL? Looking for ideas on how to approach my LED conversion.

I went mostly with Comet SMD 2’s. Warm on the PF surface, and natural below it. Flashers were basic Comet 12v offerings that matched the colors of the incandescents. The lighting is now brighter, but the LEDs don’t wash out the PF.

2 weeks later
#1254 3 years ago

Need to replace the cracked stationary 'D' target disc.

Wondering which plastic colour will match? (If any)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-9374
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5456-02
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7218-4

I probably need to replace all the target faces on the bank. :-/

3 weeks later
#1255 3 years ago

Anyone tell me the post part number for the mini post between the flippers? I assumed it was (Mini-post - wood screw 2A-3905) but now I worry the existing screw hole is a little tight and maybe it was a bolt with nut.

1 week later
#1256 3 years ago

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Williams Grand Lizard Pinball Machine. Great lights and sound. 4 flippers, Magna save, plastics in perfect condition. Instruction manual included. Remodeling rec room and don't want to store it. You must remove and transport. Cash only.

Grand Lizard Pinball Machine - $850 (Burke Va.)

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

washingtondc.craigslist.org link
Williams Grand Lizard Pinball Machine. Great lights and sound. 4 flippers, Magna save, plastics in perfect condition. Instruction manual included. Remodeling rec room and don't want to store it. You must remove and transport. Cash only.
Grand Lizard Pinball Machine - $850 (Burke Va.)

Wow that’s a steal!

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow that’s a steal!

Legit. Someone got it.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nothing has happened yet with the plastics. I have the standard and Proto both fully working and next to each other. Next step is to make a dideo documenting the differences with my friend Jeremy at Pinball Mayhem.
Under the current circumstances I have just been laying low waiting for the world to open up again.

Now is the perfect time to get these babies going. I've found that I've actually gotten a lot done with my collection, that I had put off, during this craziness.

Looking forward to the vid. I like to watch the Pinball Mayhem youtube stuff here and there. He's got some nice games.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Legit. Someone got it.

I snagged this one, happy to be a part of the club! Game is in great shape all around. It's a keeper for a long while at least, did not buy it to flip. I didnt have any games pre 1990 so it's nice to diversify

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I snagged this one, happy to be a part of the club! Game is in great shape all around. It's a keeper for a long while at least, did not buy it to flip. I didnt have any games pre 1990 so it's nice to diversify

Hopefully you got it at a good price.
Most times these things turn into an auction.
I texted them as soon as it got listed but they never responded .. great price on a great game. congratulations! Enjoy!

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Hopefully you got it at a good price.
Most times these things turn into an auction.
I texted them as soon as it got listed but they never responded .. great price on a great game. congratulations! Enjoy!

Thanks! Yep the guy was super nice, paid his asking price. It is resetting every few games but I'm sure I can sort that out.

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Now is the perfect time to get these babies going. I've found that I've actually gotten a lot done with my collection, that I had put off, during this craziness.
Looking forward to the vid. I like to watch the Pinball Mayhem youtube stuff here and there. He's got some nice games.

Perfect time for who? Living life as normal with the exception of forced overtime to cover for the ill and poor staffing.

The video will happen soon as I have a deal in place to sell the production game.

#1264 3 years ago

Still dreaming about an original blue plastic set...

dreaming...

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Perfect time for who? Living life as normal with the exception of forced overtime to cover for the ill and poor staffing.
The video will happen soon as I have a deal in place to sell the production game.

I hear you sir. I know a lot of folks dealing with the same staffing issues. We just gotta poke you every now and then on them proto plastics. We're waiting with cash for you (and PPS cut lol).

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Stay tuned. I might have someone working on some code modifications. First up, you must spell LIZARD to light the locks.

Did anything come of this? The guy I had looking into it is so busy, he hasn't had any time.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Did anything come of this? The guy I had looking into it is so busy, he hasn't had any time.

Nothing yet.

#1268 3 years ago

Is there any point in the game where the lizard ramp eyes light up (under the head at the top of the PF) and stay lit for around 10 to 15 seconds? They seem to flash quick flashes as they should during normal gameplay, but I haven't played this game enough to see this before. It was just those two flashers that lit up and they went off on their own after those few seconds. I just dont normally see flashers stay on for more than a quick flash.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Is there any point in the game where the lizard ramp eyes light up (under the head at the top of the PF) and stay lit for around 10 to 15 seconds? They seem to flash quick flashes as they should during normal gameplay, but I haven't played this game enough to see this before. It was just those two flashers that lit up and they went off on their own after those few seconds. I just dont normally see flashers stay on for more than a quick flash.

Dont think so, they flash when you hear that monster growl when you lock a ball, but i cant recall them flashing for long moments

#1270 3 years ago

Hello!
Just joined the Grand Lizard Club and am picking up my game tomorrow (woohoo!). I found info on another site that claimed that the lizard in this game is an end boss from a video game. I have searched for more info and history on the pin, but am not having any success finding the answer. Does anyone know if this is true? And, if so, what game is it from and do you have any other info about it?

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Dont think so, they flash when you hear that monster growl when you lock a ball, but i cant recall them flashing for long moments

Right, I think this may have been a side effect from an MPU problem I am having.

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_girl:

Hello!
Just joined the Grand Lizard Club and am picking up my game tomorrow (woohoo!). I found info on another site that claimed that the lizard in this game is an end boss from a video game. I have searched for more info and history on the pin, but am not having any success finding the answer. Does anyone know if this is true? And, if so, what game is it from and do you have any other info about it?

I don't think the Grand Lizard was associated with a video game. I believe he was created by pinball designer Python Angelo.

#1273 3 years ago

Hello!

Welcome to the club!
I don't think it's a video game reference.

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I don't think the Grand Lizard was associated with a video game. I believe he was created by pinball designer Python Angelo.

Paul Fairis original art package

#1275 3 years ago

His inspiration

C2DD2982-A343-4153-98DC-4D9C5736E7FD (resized).pngC2DD2982-A343-4153-98DC-4D9C5736E7FD (resized).png
#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Paul Fairis original art package

Listen to Topcast #48. I may have a clue about this game.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Listen to Topcast #48. I may have a clue about this game.

If anyone does it’s you rusty!

#1278 3 years ago

Hello!

Actually, the story is that the lizard is based off of the boss from Williams Inferno. Which, of course, Python also worked on. I can definitely see the resemblance.

118124212319 (resized).jpg118124212319 (resized).jpg
#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Actually, the story is that the lizard is based off of the boss from Williams Inferno. Which, of course, Python also worked on. I can definitely see the resemblance.
[quoted image]

Wow, there is definitely a resemblance, it seems likely that this could be the game that was referenced.

Thank you for the responses everyone!

2 weeks later
#1280 3 years ago

GL guys. Question regarding the installation of the lizard head.

When I attach the lizard head to the ramp, the ball will become obstructed and not roll out on the tongue. It hits the front edge of the lizard head. Obviously I can add some spacers to raise the head a bit to provide better clearance, but from the pics I am seeing on-line, folks are not using spacers. They are just basically screw the head right to the ramp.

So how did it originally work when new? Is the ball supposed to completely clear the lizard head? Or was it supposed to slightly contact it on the way out? If I just simply screw the head to the ramp like in pics, a slow moving ball will get caught and not drop.

Thanks

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

GL guys. Question regarding the installation of the lizard head.
When I attach the lizard head to the ramp, the ball will become obstructed and not roll out on the tongue. It hits the front edge of the lizard head. Obviously I can add some spacers to raise the head a bit to provide better clearance, but from the pics I am seeing on-line, folks are not using spacers. They are just basically screw the head right to the ramp.
So how did it originally work when new? Is the ball supposed to completely clear the lizard head? Or was it supposed to slightly contact it on the way out? If I just simply screw the head to the ramp like in pics, a slow moving ball will get caught and not drop.
Thanks

My GL lizardhead have a couple of spacers on each screw, been there since i got the game so i let them be.

#1282 3 years ago

Left sling is locking on. Didn’t start troubleshooting yet. What are some things to look for that cause a coil to lock on?

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

My GL lizardhead have a couple of spacers on each screw, been there since i got the game so i let them be.

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind sending me a pic? I just want to use the correct ones. Assuming its the black plastic ones.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Left sling is locking on. Didn’t start troubleshooting yet. What are some things to look for that cause a coil to lock on?

Switch stuck closed, shorted diode on the coil, shorted transistor on the mpu. It will be in the special solenoid section because GL slings are not cpu controlled.

#1285 3 years ago

Well it seems I have lost the tall back-wall on GL. So now I need to make a new one.

Does the back-wall consist of two rectangular pieces of wood? Seems I recall there was a gap between the two. Also can someone please get me a measurement of the back-walls height. I pic would be awesome if someone has their PF out of the cabinet.

Thanks

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind sending me a pic? I just want to use the correct ones. Assuming its the black plastic ones.

No its regular metal ones, dont think they are original ones, i'll get ya a pic

#1287 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone noticed this thread,- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-production-
but here is a guy who can make Grand Lizard Playfields!!!, he just needs the scanned art. Who has the art ready to go? I know someone did hardtops and the OG art was floating around wasn't it?
Let's get some playfiels made!! I know just about everyone is trashed up top, let's make this happen!
B

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Not sure if anyone noticed this thread,- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-production-
but here is a guy who can make Grand Lizard Playfields!!!, he just needs the scanned art. Who has the art ready to go? I know someone did hardtops and the OG art was floating around wasn't it?
Let's get some playfiels made!! I know just about everyone is trashed up top, let's make this happen!
B

I second this! Who has a scan of the art that we can send over? Gotta make this happen.

#1289 3 years ago

Alternately, can the hardtop be scanned?
I assume this isn’t CPR and therefore has to be done on the DL? Even though it would be in PPS’ interest to have somebody make new playfields?

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

B

Maybe bombpop can help? They have/had a spare mostly populated playfield. We just did a Hardtop and they brought this over too in case we needed something.

1 month later
#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

I also made these for the metal parts for the ball lock, the gates at the ramps and spinner gate.
Free of charge, just print on a sticker and put on.

[quoted image]

Are these supposed to be printed at a certain percent?

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from OpFlash:

Are these supposed to be printed at a certain percent?

Certain percent?

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Certain percent?

Some printers have settings for actual size or a percentage of the original size of the file. I wasn't sure if the file would have to be enlarged or shrunk in order for it to fit properly?

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from OpFlash:

Some printers have settings for actual size or a percentage of the original size of the file. I wasn't sure if the file would have to be enlarged or shrunk in order for it to fit properly?

I didnt add that in the file? i usually add the sizes but i guess i forgot, but you can re-size it how you want, the file open source for all.

2 weeks later
#1295 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Cabinet 9/10, Backglass 5/10, Playfield 9/10, mylar on the upper and lower playfields and except for some flash lamps, backbox lights and the kick slings not working, everything else is in order. It’s time to work out the bugs and get her cleaned up. The pre production backglass is tempting. It’s that or replace the the original art.

54066064-768A-45E5-91F1-5CC9F592E9A0 (resized).jpeg54066064-768A-45E5-91F1-5CC9F592E9A0 (resized).jpegBAAD4679-E152-43EB-9846-1334AD04F315 (resized).jpegBAAD4679-E152-43EB-9846-1334AD04F315 (resized).jpegDF0EFA60-C6FC-4359-9A02-C9161C780326 (resized).jpegDF0EFA60-C6FC-4359-9A02-C9161C780326 (resized).jpegF78AF020-A827-4A9B-B50E-6825B2DD6213 (resized).jpegF78AF020-A827-4A9B-B50E-6825B2DD6213 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1296 2 years ago

I’m looking for a Backglass if anyone has one. Thanks

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

http://bgresto.com

They can make you an original or photo.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Same here- game I just picked up has no backglass whatsoever. Anyone buy a prototype and have the original lying around that they don't use? I'd much rather go that route than wait 3-6 months...

2 weeks later
#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Well i can give you the translite files i made for mine, free of charge, but you have to get it printed yourself.

#1300 2 years ago

Any owners put a shaker in their lizard yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/26?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.