0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.
#1152 3 years ago

Looking for a better example. Upper pf wear...

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Looking for a better example. Upper pf wear...

As upper pf wear goes, that one is not bad at all. I've seen many examples with no art up there at all.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

As upper pf wear goes, that one is not bad at all. I've seen many examples with no art up there at all.

I hear ya.

Just a bit picky about it. And it's about a 7 hour drive..

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I hear ya.
Just a bit picky about it. And it's about a 7 hour drive..

Totally understand. We want what we want. It's your time and money, so I get not wanting to settle for a game that won't meet your expectations. Really hope you find one. I know you have been on the lookout for a while.

#1156 3 years ago

Totally understand. We want what we want. It's your time and money, so I get not wanting to settle for a game that won't meet your expectations. Really hope you find one. I know you have been on the lookout for a while.

And sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Not every game pops up 5 miles away for pennies. Lastly, they now have a hard top, so buy this and get the hard top.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

And sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Not every game pops up 5 miles away for pennies. Lastly, they now have a hard top, so buy this and get the hard top.

Youre right dude.

I'll fork over 3k for a grand lizard with pf wear that's 7 hours away. I'll make the sacrifice.

What part of "looking for a better example" don't you get?

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Youre right dude.
I'll fork over 3k for a grand lizard with pf wear that's 7 hours away. I'll make the sacrifice.
What part of "looking for a better example" don't you get?

You have been looking for a nicer, cheaper, closer machine for 7 months. Retail is approaching $5k. A NOS pf went for over $1k. GL is the new Unobtanium. It’s a quirky, simple game that is a lot of fun. I don’t think you can join the club for under $3k anymore.

#1159 3 years ago

No upper playfield wear, original and BGRESTO backglasses. $2800. Shipping is on you.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

No upper playfield wear, original and BGRESTO backglasses. $2800. Shipping is on you.

20200626_164058 (resized).jpg20200626_164058 (resized).jpg20200626_164111 (resized).jpg20200626_164111 (resized).jpg20200626_164157 (resized).jpg20200626_164157 (resized).jpg
#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nice looking machine. Price is fair. If I was looking for a GL I would be contacting you.
How did you end up with 2 of them?

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Nice looking machine. Price is fair. If I was looking for a GL I would be contacting you.
How did you end up with 2 of them?

Take a closer look at the one on the right.

#1163 3 years ago

One of the best Hardtops yet

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Take a closer look at the one on the right.

The cabinet colors are very bright. Stencil or decal?
The machine is shorter than the one on the left.
Numerical bg displays in different locations.
The plastics appear to coordinate with the proto bg. I wouldn't mind a set of those plastics.

Is this a prototype?

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

The plastics appear to coordinate with the proto bg. I wouldn't mind a set of those plastics.
Is this a prototype?

Look at back glass displays !

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I don’t think you can join the club for under $3k anymore.

Hahahahaha hahah

I just bought a ww for 2700 a few months ago

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Is this a prototype?

It is a prototype. The height and display difference is because it was originally designed as a System 7 game. I will be doing a video in the near future. Just got the proto up and working yesterday.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It is a prototype. The height and display difference is because it was originally designed as a System 7 game. I will be doing a video in the near future. Just got the proto up and working yesterday.

I‘M jealous. Looking forward to your video.

#1169 3 years ago

Ok I’m going to stop complaining about dropping $1500 on this one last November. I tried to negotiate him down to $1300 but he wasn’t having any of it.
Machine works great but the PF is wore to shit. Ordered a hard top for it, as well as one for Blackout and Firepower last night.
5FECA92A-0D84-49EC-AD4B-DAB0AEF332C8 (resized).jpeg5FECA92A-0D84-49EC-AD4B-DAB0AEF332C8 (resized).jpeg
7938EAB6-3EDC-47DB-B969-88BFD0C48C82 (resized).jpeg7938EAB6-3EDC-47DB-B969-88BFD0C48C82 (resized).jpeg

#1170 3 years ago

So I m getting ready to do a FULL resto on a GL. Planning to repair, repaint and stencil the cabinet. Hardtop on the PF, wooden side walls, plastics the works. Gonna have silicone bands, you name it. Anything with a blemish will be repaired or replaced.

What would you guys say the value of that would be worth?

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

I say you would be better off selling your machine and buying the one above from rusty Lizard.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

So I m getting ready to do a FULL resto on a GL. Planning to repair, repaint and stencil the cabinet. Hardtop on the PF, wooden side walls, plastics the works. Gonna have silicone bands, you name it. Anything with a blemish will be repaired or replaced.

Well if you do the prototype stuff its gonna look nice and prob be worth for it. Nag on rusty til he drops the HD pics of it all LOL

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

It all depends on the quality of the work. If I stencil it the value would likely go down, since it would likely come out poorly.
Big price difference between me restoring a game and HEP doing it..

#1174 3 years ago

I just steciled a BK, and its 99.5% perfect. The very minor flaws touched up very nicely. Looks absolutely beautiful, and better than new with crisp lines and edges, and no color fade_in, or fade_out.

1 week later
#1175 3 years ago

Picked up a Grand Lizard machine yesterday to start my collection. My dad has one as well which he has had for over 20 years now which is in great shape. This one needs a lot of cleaning, lights and rubber replacements, some new score displays and has some decent upper PF wear.

For the displays, I am looking at the Pinscore Display system (#PS-10877-P). Is there anything else I need to buy to get this to work for those that have this system? Or do I just need to replace that board and the displays. I know it says it can't be used with any original display or driver boards which is throwing me off. This will be the first machine I work on myself so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

GL1.jpgGL1.jpgGL2.jpgGL2.jpg
#1176 3 years ago

Might want to check out Larry's Xpin discount thread for your displays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin

#1177 3 years ago

Might want to check out Larry's Xpin discount thread for your displays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin

Thanks! I reached out to Larry and was able to get one from him. Can’t wait to get it installed once it arrives. Thanks again for the advice.

#1178 3 years ago

Anyone selling near me?

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone selling near me?

No.

#1182 3 years ago

BGResto has the normal and proto but I'm assuming you want one on the cheap?

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

BGResto has the normal and proto but I'm assuming you want one on the cheap?

Cheaper is better, of course, but I am just looking to find one. Bgresto had them marked as "out of stock" when I looked.

#1184 3 years ago

I don't think BGResto has stock. Just contact and ask for the one you want. He's already done the art for both. Turnaround time is at least 6-8 weeks typically.

#1185 3 years ago

I have a nice original but not a cheap one.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Cheaper is better, of course, but I am just looking to find one. Bgresto had them marked as "out of stock" when I looked.

I just got my tracking number from BGResto for my proto glass. Took 3 months and change. I can sell my proto backglass translight if you are looking for a cheap alternative. You'll have to source a glass or plexi. I went this route until I could afford to drop the money on the BGResto. When I got my game the backglass was missing half the art.

#1187 3 years ago

Still looking for a nice copy a few hours from Erie PA or Buffalo, NY

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from JBeough:

Picked up a Grand Lizard machine yesterday to start my collection. My dad has one as well which he has had for over 20 years now which is in great shape. This one needs a lot of cleaning, lights and rubber replacements, some new score displays and has some decent upper PF wear.
For the displays, I am looking at the Pinscore Display system (#PS-10877-P). Is there anything else I need to buy to get this to work for those that have this system? Or do I just need to replace that board and the displays. I know it says it can't be used with any original display or driver boards which is throwing me off. This will be the first machine I work on myself so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help![quoted image][quoted image]

I put Pinscores in mine a few years ago. I was happy with them.

#1189 3 years ago

BGResto glass arrived yesterday. Beautiful. Since my game is down due to a melted flipper coil, I'm waiting to install it. While I'm in the backbox, I'm fusing the 2 bridges that weren't fused at the factory, as well.

#1190 3 years ago

How many of you are ready to install a shaker in this game?

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

How many of you are ready to install a shaker in this game?

None.

#1192 3 years ago

Of course none for you, you don’t own the game.

#1193 3 years ago

Skypilot - Would you be willing to scan the upper portion of that hardtop? I’ve got a GL with lower playfield factory mylar and upper playfield touchups under post-factory mylar. The touchups are decent, but a good waterslide decal/clear coat job would be much better. The lower pf is practically mint, so I’m inclined to try and restore it rather than cover the whole thing with a hardtop (though I think hardtop is a really good option in many cases.)

#1194 3 years ago

I have an upper playfield sticker for sale if anyone wants it.

#1195 3 years ago

I Liked the idea I saw from Neo so I sketch one of my own out.
Pretty pleased with how it came out, upper pf was down to the wood.

4CC35400-BAD9-4D72-AFA5-E53F81A46752 (resized).jpeg4CC35400-BAD9-4D72-AFA5-E53F81A46752 (resized).jpegFD662F47-BCE9-400D-98FE-2F0C5865A918 (resized).jpegFD662F47-BCE9-400D-98FE-2F0C5865A918 (resized).jpegCC12A9F4-CD04-4AF2-B862-F9816724C6E9 (resized).jpegCC12A9F4-CD04-4AF2-B862-F9816724C6E9 (resized).jpeg8BF6367E-1085-42B9-B70D-7FDBEF6EC1F5 (resized).jpeg8BF6367E-1085-42B9-B70D-7FDBEF6EC1F5 (resized).jpeg3559D8C2-F63D-4BE9-A913-BD2A7FAEDE45 (resized).jpeg3559D8C2-F63D-4BE9-A913-BD2A7FAEDE45 (resized).jpegD6AC8622-22AD-4D52-A793-4E039F475D0F (resized).jpegD6AC8622-22AD-4D52-A793-4E039F475D0F (resized).jpeg
#1196 3 years ago

Damn cool!!

1 week later
#1197 3 years ago

Would anyone mind snapping a clear pic of your upper left flipper coil wiring for me? I'm about to replace this thing for the second time and I don't wanna kill another coil. Thanks much.

RC

#1198 3 years ago

DJREDDOG should be able to snap a pic. I believe he has a grand liz

Should message him.

#1199 3 years ago

Would anyone mind snapping a clear pic of your upper left flipper coil wiring for me? I'm about to replace this thing for the second time and I don't wanna kill another coil. Thanks much.
RC

Here is a couple from my shop out folder.

DSCF7241 (resized).JPGDSCF7241 (resized).JPGDSCF7242 (resized).JPGDSCF7242 (resized).JPG
#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Here is a couple from my shop out folder.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really appreciate that. Might you have one where the diode is visible to make sure I put the band on the correct side? I'm 99% sure, but I just wanna be 100% before I finalize and power up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.