0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.
#1101 4 years ago

When you say kicker???

#1102 4 years ago

Knocker, sorry. Haha.

#1103 4 years ago

Hey guys. I have installed 4 LEDs for the eyes in the lizard head, and the backbox, and of course they are on all the time. I am assuming there is a "warmer circuit" for these bulbs similar to the other bulbs, but I cant seem to find it that board.

Is there indeed a warmer circuit for the eyes, and where can I find it?

Thanks

#1105 4 years ago

I can't check for you (sold mine), but I believe they are mounted under the playfield. I'd look there first, and if they're not, just follow the wires until you find them. They are big ceramic resistors, so they're hard to miss.

#1106 4 years ago

I think the two boards to the left on the bottom of the playfield are the playfield flashers.
I think the one to the right is the flashers under the head.

20200203_172257 (resized).jpg20200203_172257 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1107 3 years ago

Can anyone that has purchased the BGResto glass advise if it is the same thickness as the original? Hoping to avoid buying new trim pieces and lift channel.

#1108 3 years ago

@treborlicec - I had zero issues with the bgresto glass - it is a very nice upgrade.

#1109 3 years ago

Quick shot of Grand Lizard being played near the beginning of this:

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just picked up a Grand Lizard on Saturday. I've fixed a few issues (including the missing bongos. Ribbon cable was backwards on one end.) and I'm down to one current problem. The D Lizard target is wrong. Not just color but bracket as well. When they put it in, it is off center and leans forward. It looks as if no one sells the two screw front facing vertical targets anymore (A-9268). What is the best way to make this work? Thanks.

Did you get any answer to your post? My 'D' target also needs replacing. Looks like Marco sell just the replacement plastic disks.

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

Did you get any answer to your post? My 'D' target also needs replacing. Looks like Marco sell just the replacement plastic disks.

Nope. I just made the current target work. Was able to move it back far enough and it is relatively normal now.

1 week later
#1112 3 years ago

I saw tnt did a recent video and they had the lizard lit with gi.
Just To be sure , is the easiest way to do this running wires from the gi to sockets glued on in the head?

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I saw tnt did a recent video and they had the lizard lit with gi.
Just To be sure , is the easiest way to do this running wires from the gi to sockets glued on in the head?

Link? cant recall i saw any video with that?

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Link? cant recall i saw any video with that?

Around 27 minutes you see it. Really would like to do that

#1115 3 years ago

Hey guys! I'm new to the Grand Lizard club and I'm in love with this machine.

I have a questions about the player 4 display. I need a new one, but I'm not sure what to get and where to go for it. I swapped player three and four to verify that it was indeed the display and not another issue, so I am absolutely sure that it's a bad display. Any help?

#1116 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin

What I did was got a great deal on a X-pin set here, then sell the good ones on e-bay. Wound up with a very cheap upgrade by the time it was done. Good luck with whatever you do mitchel . Great game!

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from mitchel:

I need a new one, but I'm not sure what to get and where to go for it.

You can also post a WTB ad on here. Someone switching to aftermarket displays may be selling working originals.

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You can also post a WTB ad on here. Someone switching to aftermarket displays may be selling working originals.

dozer1 and RCA1 what specifically would I post that I'm looking for? I see that the player three and four are only numeric and has a 20 pin connector (where 1 and 2 are alpha with more pins). I just want to be sure I'm asking for the right thing. Does it have a specific name like "system 11 numeric display" or something similar?

Thanks for the help!

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin
What I did was got a great deal on a X-pin set here, then sell the good ones on e-bay. Wound up with a very cheap upgrade by the time it was done. Good luck with whatever you do mitchel . Great game!

I have Xpin in my GL and they are superb!

#1120 3 years ago

During play, I keep getting the ball stuck underneath the right ramp on the wire gate and ball rail. Any suggestions? The gate moves freely.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from mitchel:

ball stuck underneath

Never had this happen. Pics and a movie could help

#1122 3 years ago

mof

IMG_4054 (resized).jpgIMG_4054 (resized).jpg
#1123 3 years ago

I have a couple numeric at $60 shipped each. Sorry about the price but they are getting hard to find.

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from mitchel:

mof
[quoted image]

Slope?

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from mitchel:

keep getting the ball stuck

makes me wonder if there's some way the tension on that gate could be more than normal. Doubting it.

#1126 3 years ago

mof It's possible, but it feels pretty normal.

In about a week when all the new parts arrive, I'm going to do a full tear down and I'll update you guys if I figure something out.

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from mitchel:

mof
[quoted image]

had that happen to me aswell once, but after i pulled abit on the spring to soften it for that gate it got solved, try that.

#1128 3 years ago

Just got the MPU from my pre-production game up and working in my production game. The sound ROMs are so cool. Heavy drum beats in the background with Firepower noises mixed in for bonus and such.

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just got the MPU from my pre-production game up and working in my production game. The sound ROMs are so cool. Heavy drum beats in the background with Firepower noises mixed in for bonus and such.

Got a video? That would be cool to see/hear.

cough - any progress on proto plastics? - cough

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Got a video? That would be cool to see/hear.
cough - any progress on proto plastics? - cough

I will make a short video. Later on when the whole prototype game is working there will be a video done with my friends at Pinball Mayhem.

The plastics come after that. I would expect 6 months before I even ask for permission.

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will make a short video. Later on when the whole prototype game is working there will be a video done with my friends at Pinball Mayhem.
The plastics come after that. I would expect 6 months before I even ask for permission.

Thanks for the reply. I can wait patiently. It's a favorite in the gameroom. I ordered the BGResto proto glass finally. I had a translight in it for the last year and wanted the real deal now.

#1132 3 years ago

Can someone post some photos of their knocker assembly? Mine was completely missing and I have a new assembly now waiting to be installed. Thanks!

#1133 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I can wait patiently. It's a favorite in the gameroom. I ordered the BGResto proto glass finally. I had a translight in it for the last year and wanted the real deal now.

I didn't do the work but that glass was made from a prototype glass that I bought years ago.

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Can someone post some photos of their knocker assembly? Mine was completely missing and I have a new assembly now waiting to be installed. Thanks!

I can in a few hours when I get home.

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I didn't do the work but that glass was made from a prototype glass that I bought years ago.

Oh, yeah, I recall you lent that out to Clay and Steve.

#1136 3 years ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wk5u9v8oa8ScZUEKvFQiVyTj14Qxkran/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is a video of my production Grand Lizard with the pre-production MPU and sound ROMs. The production game ROMs are being used.

Things to note are a heavier drum beat in the background that may not come though in this video and the classic Defender/Firepower/Black Knight sound effects.

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You should get those Sound ROMS out on the 'net bro

#1138 3 years ago

Leaving the club...bye bye little fella...

received_434946987313828 (resized).jpegreceived_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg
#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wk5u9v8oa8ScZUEKvFQiVyTj14Qxkran/view?usp=drivesdk
Here is a video of my production Grand Lizard with the pre-production MPU and sound ROMs. The production game ROMs are being used.
Things to note are a heavier drum beat in the background that may not come though in this video and the classic Defender/Firepower/Black Knight sound effects.

Sounds cool. You never really got a good spinner hit in that video though, not that it looked like you were trying. The chimp spinner sound is super rad in the production roms and one of my favorite parts of the sound package. I almost don't want to light the spinner because of it. Maybe if they flip flopped them so you only get the chimp sound when the spinner is lit would make it even more special. What's it like in these proto roms when lit and not lit?

#1140 3 years ago

I can in a few hours when I get home.

Here's the knocker. Sorry for the delay.

IMG_20200514_212104032 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_212104032 (resized).jpg

#1141 3 years ago

Got the lizard... might more than one socket for real effect

At least brighter than before

ACE8BF32-FAD0-4C27-BA33-996DBF51ADBB (resized).jpegACE8BF32-FAD0-4C27-BA33-996DBF51ADBB (resized).jpeg
#1142 3 years ago

Could anyone in here make a really good decal of the guys head on the upper playfield where the bell drops? I’d be a cool idea on how to clean up a worn playfield area

2 weeks later
#1143 3 years ago

Fingers crossed
http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com

Screenshot_20200609-090203 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200609-090203 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1144 3 years ago

Hard top images shared to their Facebook page. Getting close! Now if someone could make a new Lizard Head for the top of the machine I'll be in business.
grand lizard hard top (resized).jpggrand lizard hard top (resized).jpg

#1145 3 years ago

So, who's going to make me new ramps to go with the new Hardtop?

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I have had plans on making some sort of "wooden bridge" stickers for those black and boring ramps, but i havent gotten far LOL

But some cool ramps in different colors or heck formmolded as something would be cool.

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

You guys need to contact "richierich85". His name is Richie Fedele, and he just reproduced the TMNT ramp, which is likely one of the the most complex plastic ramp out there.

#1148 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell?

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone looking to sell?

Check the marketplace. The real question is, are you ready to buy.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Check the marketplace. The real question is, are you ready to buy.

First place i looked, and of course.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.