0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.
#1001 4 years ago

I've got an NOS cleared Grand Lizard playfield I'm looking to sell. Won't let it go cheap, but I'm not looking for the moon either. PM me if interested. I'll probably post it for sale after I snap some pics this weekend.

#1002 4 years ago

I did take some pics of the playfield... After seeing it for the first time in 2 years, I'm having second thoughts though. It's just so nice and doubt I'll ever run across another. Apologies to those who showed interest.

0728190905 (resized).jpg0728190905 (resized).jpg0728190908 (resized).jpg0728190908 (resized).jpg
#1003 4 years ago

Can you check with Stu at cpr and see if he wants it scanned?

#1004 4 years ago

That is one sweet playfield

#1005 4 years ago

What’s up! Just wanted to announce that I have joined the ranks of Grand Lizard owner and it’s also my first pin! Great game so far, still learning a lot about the mechanical aspects of owning a machine. Here’s a pic of my son playing for the first time!

00B3B9F2-372C-4458-B4B2-09E555353BA6 (resized).jpeg00B3B9F2-372C-4458-B4B2-09E555353BA6 (resized).jpeg
#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I did take some pics of the playfield... After seeing it for the first time in 2 years, I'm having second thoughts though. It's just so nice and doubt I'll ever run across another. Apologies to those who showed interest.[quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty awesome to see it cleared!

#1007 4 years ago

Sorry the pic is from Snapchat. It's the only one I have of the game lit up after the HV repair and new back glass art installed.

Snapchat-1719848557 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1719848557 (resized).jpg
#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I did take some pics of the playfield... After seeing it for the first time in 2 years, I'm having second thoughts though. It's just so nice and doubt I'll ever run across another. Apologies to those who showed interest.[quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous when you compare it to the GL’s with the chewed up upper PF.

1 month later
#1009 4 years ago

Can any other owners check something for me? When I hold my right flipper in game for the status report (as indicated on the apron), nothing ever happens. I've held it for 90 seconds and no status report. I've played the game a bit, scored, locked balls, then hold it to see status and it never happens. Verified the switch works in test mode, so not an issue there. Could this game just not support it? I'm on L4 software. Is there a setting maybe?

Thanks,
RC

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Can any other owners check something for me? When I hold my right flipper in game for the status report (as indicated on the apron), nothing ever happens. I've held it for 90 seconds and no status report. I've played the game a bit, scored, locked balls, then hold it to see status and it never happens. Verified the switch works in test mode, so not an issue there. Could this game just not support it? I'm on L4 software. Is there a setting maybe?
Thanks,
RC

Just tested during a game, 1 ball locked, ball in shooter lane. Held right flipper button in for 4 seconds and it shows the score needed to win a free game and nothing else. Tested in attract mode, nothing.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just tested during a game, 1 ball locked, ball in shooter lane. Held right flipper button in for 4 seconds and it shows the score needed to win a free game and nothing else. Tested in attract mode, nothing.

Thanks. At least that is something. I get nothing. Hmm.

#1012 4 years ago

Thanks. At least that is something. I get nothing. Hmm.

Later that night I tried again and got what you saw. Showed me the replay score. Seems to pop up and go away quickly. Guess I missed it before. All is well on my game. Phew.

2 weeks later
#1013 4 years ago

Does anyone have the lizard head for sale or know where I can get one?

1 week later
#1014 4 years ago

If someone can let me borrow their lizard head (cracked is okay), I am willing to try reproducing them. You'll get your original back, and a new one for free.

#1015 4 years ago

Good news....I have located a local pinsider who is graciously allowing me to borrow his Lizard to make a mold from. I'll keep you guys posted on how I make out. I know there are a lot of people looking for this part!

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Good news....I have located a local pinsider who is graciously allowing me to borrow his Lizard to make a mold from. I'll keep you guys posted on how I make out. I know there are a lot of people looking for this part!

Awesome!

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Excellent news. This is one hard to find part.

#1018 4 years ago

Great news, if it’s successful would there be a color option?

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Great news, if it’s successful would there be a color option?

I think I can paint them and get them darn close to original...but if someone wants a plain one to paint themselves, I can arrange that also. I don't know what pricing will be yet, but it will be reasonable like the ramps I already sell.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think I can paint them and get them darn close to original...but if someone wants a plain one to paint themselves, I can arrange that also. I don't know what pricing will be yet, but it will be reasonable like the ramps I already sell.

You don't mean Grand Lizard ramps, do you?

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

You don't mean Grand Lizard ramps, do you?

No, the lizard mask that seems to be unobtanium. Is there a need for the ramps also?

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No, the lizard mask that seems to be unobtanium. Is there a need for the ramps also?

yes!..if you can
Allot of the ramps are cracked, and no one has them. No cliffy's as of yet either

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Very interested in a blank one. I bought airbrushing stuff recently and it seems like a very cool custom project to me

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

yes!..if you can
Allot of the ramps are cracked, and no one has them. No cliffy's as of yet either

Is that ramp one big horseshoe? That's a little big for my current setup, but I'm working on changing that in early 2020.

#1025 4 years ago

i am pretty sure it is.. Would there be a way to make them separately but have an interlocking mech?

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

i am pretty sure it is.. Would there be a way to make them separately but have an interlocking mech?

Mine has a teeny hole burned through it from either the flasher or GI bulb underneath. I patched it easy and with LEDs there shouldn't be an issue going forward. They seem softer than later era ramps. I haven't seen a cracked one. Hopefully these can be done for those in need. A different color option might make me want to upgrade.

#1027 4 years ago

Mine has a teeny hole burned through it from either the flasher or GI bulb underneath. I patched it easy and with LEDs there shouldn't be an issue going forward. They seem softer than later era ramps. I haven't seen a cracked one. Hopefully these can be done for those in need. A different color option might make me want to upgrade.

Mine have cracking at the entrance, the rest of it is functional..I figured thats where most cracked bc so thin But I'd get new if I could

#1028 4 years ago

Plus 1 for ramps - more important than the lizard!! but lizard would be cool too.
I lit up mine from underneath in different areas.

#1029 4 years ago

Freeplay40 has mentioned making ramps in black, clear and translucent green.

2 weeks later
#1030 4 years ago

hi all...

i have a simple ask about the code

after watching videos, seems LOCKS are always lit/available on the table, i mean when you have finished your mutiball and are back to 1 ball, you dont have to relight LOCKS...

than, is there a setup in the code where you have to shoot something to first relight the LOCKS (and than makes the game a bit harder & hazardous) ?

tanx

(PS : i have the same ask about SPACE SHUTTLE)

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi all...
i have a simple ask about the code
after wayching videos, seems LOCKS are always lit/available on the table, i mean when you have finished your mutiball and are back to 1 ball, you dont have to relight LOCKS...
than, is there a setup in the code where you have to shoot something to first relight the LOCKS (and than makes the game a bit harder & hazardous) ?
tanx
(PS : i have the same ask about SPACE SHUTTLE)

No there isn't a way to change this. I reached out to Soren regarding this specific feature request along with a couple other ideas I had. Like ways to make the player need to work both upper and lower playfield sections to put together big points. He is not interested in working on the game code because it isn't one he cares for.

#1032 4 years ago

ok, and tanx for the feedback

#1033 4 years ago

it isn't one he cares for

not everyone has played one and knows the awesome that is grand lizard.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

He thinks it is an upper PF one trick pony. I can see that as it is currently coded, but I was trying to suggest things to make it more rewarding to play both sections. Maybe combos or after hitting both ramps, you are in double scoring for a few seconds or something. Maybe add a jackpot to multiball that has to be qualified by doing things on upper and lower to be collected. Things like that.

#1035 4 years ago

He thinks it is an upper PF one trick pony. I can see that as it is currently coded, but I was trying to suggest things to make it more rewarding to play both sections. Maybe combos or after hitting both ramps, you are in double scoring for a few seconds or something. Maybe add a jackpot to multiball that has to be qualified by doing things on upper and lower to be collected. Things like that.

Stay tuned. I might have someone working on some code modifications. First up, you must spell LIZARD to light the locks.

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

...First up, you must spell LIZARD to light the locks.

so logical (from a player point of view)
even if the idea to force people playing upside, to light things downside (and vice versa), is even better of course

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Stay tuned. I might have someone working on some code modifications. First up, you must spell LIZARD to light the locks.

I almost never go for multiball. If you had to light the locks first I would never use it.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I almost never go for multiball. If you had to light the locks first I would never use it.

in this case, you already need LIZ ARD to get magnets, than...

#1039 4 years ago

We are discussing top side options as well. First impression was to make the MB a little more difficult so that locks aren’t always lit.

#1040 4 years ago

I would argue that the lower pf has allot of importance as well. Most games you increase the multiplier up top, like on lanes , but with gl you have to hit the stand ups down below. I enjoy it
I only wish they had added some speech. That may have helped people gravitate toward it more.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

We are discussing top side options as well. First impression was to make the MB a little more difficult so that locks aren’t always lit.

That's crazy. When Soren turned me down, I enlisted someone else and we are looking into it as well. More versions the merrier. Wasn't planning on saying anything til it was ready. I want to make it meaner. For locks, my idea was to hit the MB release target up top to light them down below. And have magna saves start at 0 and you have to earn each one and of course make that adjustable.

#1042 4 years ago

That's crazy. When Soren turned me down, I enlisted someone else and we are looking into it as well. More versions the merrier. Wasn't planning on saying anything til it was ready. I want to make it meaner. For locks, my idea was to hit the MB release target up top to light them down below. And have magna saves start at 0 and you have to earn each one and of course make that adjustable.

I also thought about using the release target to light locks. Spelling LIZARD though is far more dangerous.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I also thought about using the release target to light locks. Spelling LIZARD though is far more dangerous.

Agreed. It might make people avoid MB. Spelling LIZARD is used for earning magna saves also. Were you gonna keep that or make those earned a different way. My thought process was make you do something on the upper to earn something on the lower and vice versa. I want to make the game tournament friendly also and try to eliminate lock stealing. In stock code the game plays too long in a tourney setting.

#1044 4 years ago

Have you guys seen these?

retrorefurbs (resized).jpgretrorefurbs (resized).jpg

#1045 4 years ago

WOW! If those heads get remade, I'd buy two (one painted, one unpainted) if necessary to justify the project!

#1046 4 years ago

Just joined the club and ordered the repro prototype backglass.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Just joined the club and ordered the repro prototype backglass.

Nice, congrats.

#1048 4 years ago

Is there a jackpot in grand lizard like the other system 11s?

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is there a jackpot in grand lizard like the other system 11s?

No. 2 ball MB is double scoring and 3 ball is triple.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Windsor Charter Township, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 1,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/21?hl=luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.