0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

So just got my Grand Lizard and I have a question. I have all the sound effects but no music. Is that a setting somewhere or do I have a problem?

try hitting reset on sound board. can't hurt.

#752 6 years ago

Not sure which once is the sound board or where the reset button is. Sorry, it's my first machine. I can't seem to run diagnostic tests either as it the auto manual button doesn't seem to change anything. Can still get the audits though.

#753 6 years ago

Did anyone ever do "Flashball" buzz fix and did it hold up to continuance use?

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Did anyone ever do "Flashball" buzz fix and did it hold up to continuance use?

Yeah, i was planning on doing that fix but felt kinda apprehensive about it so im kinda awaiting for field reports on it too, does it work?

#755 6 years ago

So the multi ball goes pretty much straight down the middle. Not sure if I should be bending the lane guide out so it goes more right or pushing it in so the balls hit that post right there.

#756 6 years ago

Went with bending back so the balls hit the post and that's working great so far.

#757 6 years ago

Anyone replace your #89 bulbs with leds? There is some kind of trick to it right? Wondering if it's worth the trouble. Replaced all the other bulbs and they look great.

#758 6 years ago

Yes there is a warming resistor that needs to be removed in order to work correctly otherwise the flashers are on all the time trace your wire near every flasher there will be a big block ceramic resistor that needs removed

#759 6 years ago

Are they easy to remove? Is it worth the trouble?

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Are they easy to remove? Is it worth the trouble?

Yes and yes clip them off with a pair of dykes easy!

#761 6 years ago

So you can just go through the game and cut off all the ceramic blocks or do some need to stay?

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

So you can just go through the game and cut off all the ceramic blocks or do some need to stay?

No, just the ones connected to the flashers, some have to stay IIRC.

#763 6 years ago

Anyone know what the point of the Special is? It gives a nice long bell ring but doesn't seem to be worth much points.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone know what the point of the Special is? It gives a nice long bell ring but doesn't seem to be worth much points.

Game adjustment 07 allows operator to choose what the special awards. Options include extra ball, credit, or score. Page 11 in the manual on ipdb.

Cheers!

#765 6 years ago

I see, thanks. That's a lot of fanfare for 100K points, wish you could set it higher.

#766 6 years ago

Can someone send me a picture of how this is supposed to go. It was in the game I picked up. I'm assuming it goes at the top of the I assume it goes somewhere above the right flipper on the upper playfield (last 2 pictures). Also, does anyone know where this item goes (1st picture)?

IMG_2320 (resized).JPGIMG_2320 (resized).JPG

IMG_2319 (resized).JPGIMG_2319 (resized).JPG

IMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPG

#767 6 years ago

sorry I had the pictures wrong. 1st two pictures are for the ramp gate and 3rd (last) is for a mysterious item

#768 6 years ago

Yeah that's where it goes. It's a gate under the right ramp. That post is what holds it on the right side.

IMAG0062 (resized).jpgIMAG0062 (resized).jpg

IMAG0061 (resized).jpgIMAG0061 (resized).jpg

#769 6 years ago

My left upper flipper just stopped working. Can anyone point me in a direction?

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My left upper flipper just stopped working. Can anyone point me in a direction?

Check the coil if it have burned, check the cables around it if one have come loose, check the fuses.

#771 6 years ago

Check the double leaf switch on the left flipper button. Might just need adjusting or cleaned.
On mine when it is pushed in just slightly it activates the lower flipper, all the way in activates lower and upper flipper.

#772 6 years ago

Did anyone here buy the game in Iowa with the preproduction plastics? I found a ride for it and the ad was pulled and seller doesn't respond to message. Was hoping someone could get these plastics made.

#773 6 years ago

Crap, the tip of this switch broke off so the flipper gets caught on it and stays up. Guess I'll have to replace it. Why in the world does it have a lane change switch though?

IMAG0063 (resized).jpgIMAG0063 (resized).jpg

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Did anyone here buy the game in Iowa with the preproduction plastics? I found a ride for it and the ad was pulled and seller doesn't respond to message. Was hoping someone could get these plastics made.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-1070&Product_Code=PPS-31-1006-523

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yeah, what happened to that? it was advertised on facebook aswell, then it just went silent.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Crap, the tip of this switch broke off so the flipper gets caught on it and stays up. Guess I'll have to replace it. Why in the world does it have a lane change switch though?

Welcome to the world of restoring a Grand Lizard! Pinballlife.com and Marco.com should have the replacement parts (and there are other good vendors out there as well, I just use these two the most). The part numbers are in the owners manual which you can find easy on line. I'd suggest either purchase or print a copy as it will be handy as you go forward, especially when you get switch errors on start up. Pinball Life actually sells the entire flipper assembly for the right and left flipper; I had to add the lane change switch for the right side. Basic soldering skills are all you need. Customer Support from Marco and Pinball Life is very helpful if you are not sure what part you need. These are old games and sometimes require some TLC to get back to 100% playability. My music did not work either and I found someone had removed the cable. I think Luzur sent me a photo of the wiring, I had a cable made at the York show by a vendor, and I got the music back. Look through this page as I think the photos are here. That's probably why you are not getting the background music.

#778 6 years ago

I reseated the cables and even replaced the ribbon cable so I don't think that's it. I haven't followed the one that goes all the down through the head to the playfield though.

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I reseated the cables and even replaced the ribbon cable so I don't think that's it. I haven't followed the one that goes all the down through the head to the playfield though.

Look at page 12 of this thread. Luzur posted the wiring for the sound board. The hub is the back box. Make sure you have all the cables and they are seated correctly. I was missing one and didn't even know until I got a valid photo showing the back box sound cabling. It can't hurt to compare.

#780 6 years ago

Yeah, I saw that picture. I have all 3 cables and reseated them at the circled points. It's probably a bad chip or something.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yeah, I saw that picture. I have all 3 cables and reseated them at the circled points. It's probably a bad chip or something.

Press on all the chips, sometimes that is enough, or clean them with electrical cleaner.

#782 6 years ago

Pressing on the chips didn't work. Here is a pic of my board. Anything seem wrong? It looks good to me.

IMAG0070 (resized).jpgIMAG0070 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#783 6 years ago

More sound issues. Suddenly the sound is so faint you can barely even hear it. Adjusting the volume knob does nothing. Any ideas?

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

More sound issues. Suddenly the sound is so faint you can barely even hear it. Adjusting the volume knob does nothing. Any ideas?

You tried putting some electrical cleaner inside the knob? felt the cables for any nearly loose ones?

Here's mine for comparison.

IMG_20170926_202702 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202702 (resized).jpg

#785 6 years ago

Will try some electrical cleaner. All connections are solid.

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Could also be an issue on your MPU board. I had a similar issue with very faint sounds and my board repair guy found a "bad preamp prior to mixer and a data line out on PIA".

#787 6 years ago

Electrical cleaner in the knob did the trick!

1 week later
#788 6 years ago

Anyone get the 50,000 from the outlane? I've had it lit, drains, makes a barking sound effect but just gives the usual 5,000.

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone get the 50,000 from the outlane? I've had it lit, drains, makes a barking sound effect but just gives the usual 5,000.

Hm, ive never really checked, just assumed it worked, i guess.

2 weeks later
#790 6 years ago

I had a GL folded up in my garage for about a year and a half and finally got it out to have some fun with. Mine had a rough upper pf and I never really liked that art so I made an upper pf decal to overlay on it that used elements from the backglass. I always thought the lizard head up there was a little goofy and out of context so for the decal I tried to complete that aspect of the pf giving him a lower jaw and having his hands on both edges just like the bg. I also cut vinyl decals to add steps to both ramps that would also match the new decal. I had also purchased a 2 x 4ft sheet of the edge glow acrylics (red, green, orange and blue) and cut a plastic under piece for every plastic on the game. Using different colors for different areas I did everything outside of the upper pf in green and then the upper pf itself in red. I realize the pic is bad but you get the idea and it looks pretty epic in person. I made new slingshots by scanning in the original and then putting a vector cut line around the black jagged edge so that I could reprint them on translucent vinyl and peel away the white area. I then applied that to the orange edge glow acrylic and thus you can see the art that is on the pf under the sling. I like that part because so many games just have a white or blank area under the plastic but this era of williams had complete art on it. I've still got a couple of more things I want to do but wanted to share these for now. Check em out.

GL dcl pst (resized).jpgGL dcl pst (resized).jpg

20170817_092242 (resized).jpg20170817_092242 (resized).jpg

20170815_172636 (resized).jpg20170815_172636 (resized).jpg

20170815_172510 (resized).jpg20170815_172510 (resized).jpg

#791 6 years ago

Really cool! Are you planning on making these available?

#792 6 years ago

Sure, I can sell the decals. PM me if interested. Thanks

#793 6 years ago

Just added thes two options to my GL
Eyes and horn look great when flashing just need to add fangs and ivory color to the horns so thy don't look like pickles .

FF812882-3C7C-49ED-8AF2-09A845FC3C44 (resized).jpegFF812882-3C7C-49ED-8AF2-09A845FC3C44 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#794 6 years ago

Is that an...an alligator head?

Also those ramp decals Pinstein made is exactly what i was looking to do myself, good to know others are working on this nice game aswell.

#795 6 years ago

it was!

#796 6 years ago

The best thing about this game is the multiball is brutal! Easy to start but hard to keep. When you get a good one you can really blow it up.

1 week later
#797 6 years ago

Just joined the club!

Picked up a non-working machine I hope to bring back to life. No keys, so I'll be drilling out the locks to get inside this thing.

Looking forward to months of tinkering.

1 week later
#798 6 years ago

I have a working GL. Turns out it just needed some new fuses.

I'm missing the left upper flipper mech. It was cut out, and the wires are just loose.

Can someone takes some pictures and send me for the wiring?
Thanks

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

I have a working GL. Turns out it just needed some new fuses.
I'm missing the left upper flipper mech. It was cut out, and the wires are just loose.
Can someone takes some pictures and send me for the wiring?
Thanks

Is this helpful?

image-39 (resized).jpgimage-39 (resized).jpg

#800 6 years ago

thanks
any chance you can take a close up of the upper left flipper area
hard to see what is wired to what there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/16?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.