0826231214a (resized).jpg
0826231250 (resized).jpg
0826231250c (resized).jpg
0826231250e (resized).jpg
0826231251 (resized).jpg
0826231250_HDR (resized).jpg
0826231251b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Does anyone have an idea where I could get the Lizard Head or a pattern so I can make one. Thanks

Wasnt there someone earlier in the thread that had a head form pressed?

#702 6 years ago

Anyone happen to have a spare/extra right slingshot plastic?

3 weeks later
#703 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone happen to have a spare/extra right slingshot plastic?

A little bump for a slingshot plastic. In other news, if you ever read any of my other threads about my Grand Lizard, there were several related to random things happening with the game, freezing up, etc... Well if finally stopped "playing" so I sent my board off to Ed Cheung to work on. Stay tuned....

1 week later
#704 6 years ago

If any of you have read any of my previous posts regarding my Grand Lizard, I've had random lock ups during game play. I can never reproduce the issue. After owning the machine for over a year now, I finally yanked the board out and sent it off to Ed Cheung to work on. He has the board for 2.5 weeks doing a stress test and not a single issue yet. So now I am at a loss. If the board wasn't the root cause of all the random lock ups, what could it possible be? Any thoughts or suggestions?

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If any of you have read any of my previous posts regarding my Grand Lizard, I've had random lock ups during game play. I can never reproduce the issue. After owning the machine for over a year now, I finally yanked the board out and sent it off to Ed Cheung to work on. He has the board for 2.5 weeks doing a stress test and not a single issue yet. So now I am at a loss. If the board wasn't the root cause of all the random lock ups, what could it possible be? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Change the big power supply capacitor.

#706 6 years ago

After seeing what some of the people have done with Sparky on Met... Has anyone repainted the plastic lizard head to make it more realistic or freaky?

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

After seeing what some of the people have done with Sparky on Met... Has anyone repainted the plastic lizard head to make it more realistic or freaky?

I "modded" mine abit, aince it was abit...faded.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Mine was doing that, and installing one of these fixed it:
https://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/bridge_board.htm

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Mine was doing that, and installing one of these fixed it:
https://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/bridge_board.htm

I will keep that in mind as my next option. Lots of people are saying its power supply related, so I ordered a new capacitor and will start with that. If that doesn't fix I will try that bridge board. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#710 6 years ago

Hello there, I have a GL that ive had for the past while and it recently had some sound issues where the sounds are all mixed up. I.E. the magnet sound is like a target sound now, and the mandrill spinner is where the ramp switch is. It started after I installed a 6116 nvram but i put the original ram back in and its still having the same issues. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. P.s. the ribbon cable is verified good. thanks

#711 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a spare sound board that can be pried loose from their parts hoard?

Added over 7 years ago: Edit...sound board found at Nabours Novelty.

#712 6 years ago

Fingers crossed... C'mon fedex... handle with care!
-mof

#713 6 years ago

For those of you who have offered suggestions for GL shutting down randomly, problem resolved. First I sent out the board to Ed Cheung for testing, no issues. Next I replaced all the caps on the PSU and this seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks for all the help! As fate would have it, fix one machine and another goes down. Space Shuttle displays stopped working on the same day I fixed GL!

#714 6 years ago

Oh pinball godz, please let it arrive in one piece.
-mof

fedex (resized).pngfedex (resized).png

#715 6 years ago

Someones getting a cool backglass. Good thoughts for a safe arrival.

#717 6 years ago

Nice box.
20170708_GL_S-Azzam2 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam2 (resized).jpg
Good packaging.
20170708_GL_S-Azzam3 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam3 (resized).jpg
How do I open this thing?
20170708_GL_S-Azzam4 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam4 (resized).jpg

#718 6 years ago

Put it in like it is

#719 6 years ago

Had to go from 10 bulbs to maximum, but it's ok by me -- well worth it... Really makes the room look better. The logo is so much better than what Python did.

-mof

20170708_GL_S-Azzam8 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam8 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam7 (resized).jpg20170708_GL_S-Azzam7 (resized).jpg

#720 6 years ago

Yeah the printed material is thick on those bgresto prints. You need Bright bulbs!

IMG_2838 (resized).JPGIMG_2838 (resized).JPG

#721 6 years ago

Can you please provide more info on the proto backglass? Does bgresto sell these? I don't see them for sale on their web site. Overall are you happy with it? Is it reasonably priced? It seems pretty dark.

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Can you please provide more info on the proto backglass? Does bgresto sell these? I don't see them for sale on their web site. Overall are you happy with it? Is it reasonably priced? It seems pretty dark.

Yes it is very dark I used quad led lights in each socket to get visabilty in mine. Just email him about the prototype grand lizard. He has done several backglasses for me over the years and they come out looking great. Reasonable price is a matter of opinion. I believe the price reflects the craftsmanship. I found it reasonable.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes it is very dark I used quad led lights in each socket to get visabilty in mine. Just email him about the prototype grand lizard. He has done several backglasses for me over the years and they come out looking great. Reasonable price is a matter of opinion. I believe the price reflects the craftsmanship. I found it reasonable.

Yeah Bgresto is the best of them all, but abit pricey (which is totally understandable though) for us living overseas, so i simply did my own backglass and had it printed myself.

Mine came out abit brighter though.

(old pic from last year, when i was trying out different LED setups for it)

IMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPG

#724 6 years ago

Luzur, would you be willing to print an additional backglass and sell it? I am interested in replacing my backglass with a prototype one. Thanks.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Luzur, would you be willing to print an additional backglass and sell it? I am interested in replacing my backglass with a prototype one. Thanks.

Shipping glass international is quite pricy!

#726 6 years ago

Don't rain on my parade

I really want that prototype back glass!!!!!!!!!!

I love all things Python, his backglass isn't bad, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the artwork done by Paul Faris.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Don't rain on my parade
I really want that prototype back glass!!!!!!!!!!
I love all things Python, his backglass isn't bad, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the artwork done by Paul Faris.

Just want to make sure you realize you can get this from bgresto in the states

#728 6 years ago

How do I get the prototype backglass in the states?

#729 6 years ago

Are you saying there is a US distributor for the prototype backglass?

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Are you saying there is a US distributor for the prototype backglass?

Yes, as mentioned several times, http://bgresto.com

#731 6 years ago

Had my proto BG from bgresto shipped to Canada. Pricey, a bit, worth it, yes. Nice work.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

You are closer to Bgresto then me if you live in USA, and i did mine as a translite i put in place myself, so it is abit of cutting work to be done.

But if you want, i can send you the file and you can have it printed yourself.

#733 6 years ago

Received my proto backglass from Bgresto earlier this year. It looks great! It took 4 months to receive mine, which is fine, as long as you know you'll have to have patience.

#734 6 years ago

I just decided to order the proto backglass as well. The 4 month wait is going to kill me.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

The 4 month wait is going to kill me.

Meh, in pinball time, it's rather short!
-mof

#736 6 years ago

Worth the wait. I wouldn't pull mine out now.

#737 6 years ago

So apparently that Grand Lizard from Davenport with the original prototype plastics (and backglass) is for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52146

Really hope the next owner is willing to have the plastics scanned! PPS couldn't find the film for these, so it would be great to reproduce these plastics (or at least archive the artwork). I did ask the seller, and understandably they want to leave it up to the next owner.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

So apparently that Grand Lizard from Davenport with the original prototype plastics (and backglass) is for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52146
Really hope the next owner is willing to have the plastics scanned! PPS couldn't find the film for these, so it would be great to reproduce these plastics (or at least archive the artwork). I did ask the seller, and understandably they want to leave it up to the next owner.

Huh, looks i was pretty close to how Faris made them, except he didnt make a full hand to his lizard arm like i did.

Nice to see some better pics of the whole deal.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

HA HA, i asked him if he would sell them separately and he said no as well....understandably I wouldnt mind getting in touch with whoever buys it and helping get the artwork preserved and scanned

#740 6 years ago

Luzur atill waiting for your set to be available for sale...I like it even better than the protos - come on, man!

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Luzur atill waiting for your set to be available for sale...I like it even better than the protos - come on, man!

Find me a guy that can print them like, right now and he will have the files within the time it takes to email them to him.

Over here, its vacation, time-press and whatnot so my printjob have to wait, appearently.

1 week later
#742 6 years ago

just joined the club anyone have or know of a repo lizard head mine got his teeth knocked out! LOL could use a left sling shot plastic as well. Thanks freddy

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

just joined the club anyone have or know of a repo lizard head mine got his teeth knocked out! LOL could use a left sling shot plastic as well. Thanks freddy

Both items are extremely hard to come by. I've been looking for a right slingshot plastic for 6 months with no luck. Good luck.

#744 6 years ago

Joining the club! It's a real player's condition, cabinet and upper playfield are rough, but it plays like it should and it's my 1st pin so I'm stoked!

#745 6 years ago

Planning on putting in leds but other than color matching the inserts I don't know much about that. Any advice as to what types to use (brightness level, frosted or not etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Planning on putting in leds but other than color matching the inserts I don't know much about that. Any advice as to what types to use (brightness level, frosted or not etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Comet pinball great selection and has charts discribring the throw each light has and brightness check them out

#747 6 years ago

I did some modding on my Grand Lizard recently.

IMG-20170814-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20170814-WA0001 (resized).jpg

IMG-20170814-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20170814-WA0002 (resized).jpg

IMG-20170814-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20170814-WA0003 (resized).jpg

IMG-20170814-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20170814-WA0000 (resized).jpg

#748 6 years ago

Nice! where ya get the mandrills?

#749 6 years ago

Thanx........one is from Schleich and one is from Papo.

#750 6 years ago

So just got my Grand Lizard and I have a question. I have all the sound effects but no music. Is that a setting somewhere or do I have a problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-lizard-club-mandrills-get-in-free/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.