Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Played a game on Popeye tonight with my girlfriend and the settings had been reset a few days earlier.
I had set it for Free Play, 5 Ball Game and 8 second Ball Save time. Other than that , all default values.
I got 290M and she got 265M which I would think we'd both get our names in.
It went to me first, Player 2 Grand Champion and enter my Initials and hit the start button.
Instead of letting her enter her initials for a high score, the DMD did that SLAM TILT diag lines for a second
and the game went back to attract mode.
It didn't give any other error and played flawlessly. No credit dots.
Is this the behavior when one gets a GC score for the first time on the game and the second player may get their name in with a high score.? Does a GC score trump the other person?

#2 6 years ago

The slam tilt jagged diagonal lines could be real. You may have hit the coin door and triggered a real one. Open and check the coin door to see if there is a manual or something pushed up against one of the slam tilt switches making I easier to happen.

My Popeye has a real sensitive one and if I had to open the coin door to do something during a game I could count on it triggering when closing the door.

#3 6 years ago

No, slam tilt switch checked. Works but not set to be trigger happy.
Weird thing. I wonder if I discovered a software glitch?
Not very often this sequence of events would occur...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

No, slam tilt switch checked. Works but not set to be trigger happy.
Weird thing. I wonder if I discovered a software glitch?
Not very often this sequence of events would occur...

What version are you running? There were problem with earlier versions like whole sequences of animation missing.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What version are you running? There were problem with earlier versions like whole sequences of animation missing.

Rev LX-5

#6 6 years ago

I looked on IPDB.ORG and it looks like the latest they rerported was LX-4?
Not sure if LX-5 is the latest "approved" version of the code?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
3,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-champion-score-on-popeye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.