5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by orangegsx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many machines do you consider to be your 'grail' machine?”

• There is only one holy grail, so one is the only possible answer 13 votes
      25%
    • Only one can exist at a time. However, after I get it, another assumes the spot 21 votes
      41%
    • Two or three 11 votes
      22%
    • Four or five 4 votes
      8%
    • More than five 2 votes
      4%

(51 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I was reading the want-ads and clicked on an ad for a Tempest cocktail table. I used to love Tempest...man how I used to love to whip that spinner! Anyhow, the ad mentioned it was for sale to someone who considered it his or her grail game. While I'd love to have one, it isn't a grail game to m. But it got me to thinking. I was fortunate enough to get a Genco 2-player bball game (what a mess), which I considered to be my grail game. Before that AlexF helped me locate a grail pitch and bat ('59 Pinchhitter) Now I really want a small bowler, maybe a ten strike or midget bowler...however, if someone did a great Willy Wonka or Munsters, they'd probably make my list. I saw someone had a Sega motopolo (way too rich for my blood) but that's on the list. Anyhow, it got me to thinking...how many pins/machines would you cyour holy grail ? I'm in the neighborhood of five (although there is no way I could fit five more games). So, the question is :

#2 5 years ago

For me personally. I have a lot of games I would love to get. I don't add all the games I would like to my wishlist. As then it would never, ever end. And I like the automatic emails weekly telling me which of my games are showing up. That way I can focus on just the ones I truly want, or can at the moment afford.
    For instance. I want an Attack From Mars and Creature from the Black Lagoon really badly. But, there is no way in hell I will be able to get one in the next 3 years. So they're not on my wishlist. They're just too expensive and I rather add other games first. But, Creature is my ultimate Grail game. Even though I am mad at it, cos I sucked it up this weekend at the pinball arcade that I play at. They have it and its really fun to play... But, it kept erring out on me and losing balls, and I kept sucking and putting up crap scores. So I am mad at it for now... And I want to get all the Elvira games as well. If there is a new one coming out I want to get it NIB.
    And I also have two Grail games that are not for me. But, for my Father I want to buy a Rocky and Bullwinkle and either a Who Dunnit or an Jurassic Park. Those seem to be his favorites. I really admire the people who seem to always be adding to their collection. Because, I know how hard it is to just maintain and add to my small collection.

#3 5 years ago

I guess an interesting variation on this would be a poll on what makes a pin a grail pin? For some, it seems to simply be theme, for others it seems to be memories of playing playing as a kid or simply something that looks unique or is just a really fun game to play. With respect to CFTBL, one of the things that draws me into that game is the hologram.

#4 5 years ago

I'm sure it's different for everyone. But for me, If I was a good little dude all week at school we got to go to sammy's pizza and sit in the family section in the back. They had all points bulletin and a WHIRLWIND sitting next to it. Years later I dreamt of getting a pinball machine but knew I whirlwind was out of my price range.. well I got one! And an all points bulletin! Randomly the air from the fan will hit me and I just grin from ear to ear............. I have my grail game.................

Buuuut.... every once in a while they swapped out pins at that pizza place and addam's family was in that rotation.... now that's the grail, and not affordable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grail-gamespoll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.