(Topic ID: 54292)

Grab your pitch forks! It's time to burn NAVL!!!

By SteveW

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maam.jpg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

I'm actually a NAVL fan, but this go around has been one for the record books. I bought a pricey pin from a guy in Northern Cal. I immediately give old faithful (NAVL) a call to get things rolling, that was mid-May. A week later one of NAVL's subcontractors calls to pick up the pin from the seller, a seemingly nice older gentleman. Said older gentlemen hits on the female driver. Female driver of thin skin (FDOTS) puts her foot down and refuses to pick up the pin from SNOG (Seemingly nice older gentleman). Two weeks of silliness ensues. A fellow Pinsider, that introduced me to SNOG, steps in and offers to move it to his place, avoiding stalemate between SNOG and FDOTS. Another week goes by an FDOTS picks up the pin from Pinsider. Sounds like progress. I check the NAVL tracking site five days later and it is now further from me than five days earlier. One month to travel 300 miles in the wrong direction.

Any other NAVL horror stories out there?

#2 10 years ago

"Thin skin"? Some creepy old pinball dude hit on her... while she was working! Do you think that she didn't have the right to get pissed? Do you know exactly what he said to her? I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.

I'm sorry you're having an issue with NAVL, but I don't think you should have dogged on the driver.

#3 10 years ago

All Good my Way ,, but Yr situation Does Suck !!! 300 miles , You Should've just went and got it Yr self ..

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

"Thin skin"? Some creepy old pinball dude hit on her... while she was working! Do you think that she didn't have the right to get pissed? Do you know exactly what he said to her? I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.
    I'm sorry you're having an issue with NAVL, but I don't think you should have dogged on the driver.

Your kidding right? Yea the coffee is hot at McDonald's...

Pussification of America

#5 10 years ago

I think the op is saying the pin is now 300 miles farther than where it started BR, it still has to get across the country.
    It recently took them 5 weeks to get a pin to me (1,000 miles) but it did arrive ok.

#6 10 years ago

it has taken several weeks for one to get from Nebraska to Washington state, and yet, I am told that one from new jersey to Washington state will arrive a day later (only one week for that one to get across the country!?!?)

here is hoping they both arrive safe and sound! fingers crossed

#7 10 years ago

Yes, NAVL can be painstakingly slow, but there are unfortunately few other shipping options for unpalletized pins travelling any great distance.

#8 10 years ago

Don't buy from pervs! If some creepy oldie hits on me I laugh off the first joke or two but it doesn't take much 'til he is shown the door, call me a "pussy" all ya want.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Yes, I was forwarded a copy of the original email from the shipping subcontractor to NAVL HQ. I thought it was fairly harmless. I recognize that I'm a guy, so it's impossible for me to see it through her eyes.

#10 10 years ago

Ok fess up, NorCal guys. Which one of you is the SNOG?

#11 10 years ago

I won't use them. the group out of Detroit to an extremely easy process and complicated it. they said there was 1 day per week that they were in my area (only 100 miles). they wanted to give me an 8 hour window (unreasonable); those same people wouldn't settle for an 8 hour window if they were the ones waiting. finally the slimeball driver tried to extort shopping fees from my 75 year old mother even though the shipping paperwork said otherwise. that was the first and last time I'll use them.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

Your kidding right? Yea the coffee is hot at McDonald's...
    Pussification of America

You may want to use those red lines under the words in your reply as a yield sign.

#13 10 years ago

U-ship.com ( Shipping Wars ) is Headed to The_Director's Pad to get Diner ( only $ 168.00 ) .. God I Wish it would be the Cowgirl Jennifer ,, dam she's HoTT .. UShip did deliver my Doctor neighbor his DeLorean .. That was on TV ..Anyone w/ a Truck & trailer these days ..

#14 10 years ago

Yes please background check someone before buying a pin. I'm sure the old guy had a gimp suit ready to go and asked her to jump in... And if it was that bad, really, why not call a supervisor to pick it up... Put it all back on the customer tho, because that's what we accept.

I call shennainigans, lack of service from sub contractor. Suck it up butter cup, could be worse.

#15 10 years ago

Getting pissed and not completing your job seems very non professional. If I were her supervisor she'd have been fired if she didnt go back to pick it up.

But then again, if I was her supervisor, Id have never sent her alone in the first place.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Getting pissed and not completing your job seems very non professional. If I were her supervisor she'd have been fired if she didnt go back to pick it up.
    But then again, if I was her supervisor, Id have never sent her alone in the first place.

Bingo! +1. Probably had someone else with anyway. Pick it up and gtfo if it was that bad, didn't have to acknowledge it, respond, etc. Now if he touched her different story.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

U-ship.com ( Shipping Wars ) is Headed to The_Director's Pad to get Diner ( only $ 168.00 ) .. God I Wish it would be the Cowgirl Jennifer ,, dam she's HoTT .. UShip did deliver my Doctor neighbor his DeLorean .. That was on TV ..Anyone w/ a Truck & trailer these days ..
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Thanks for the clip B_R. I've never seen the show but after that second clip I may have to start watching.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

Bingo! +1. Probably had someone else with anyway. Pick it up and gtfo if it was that bad, didn't have to acknowledge it, respond, etc. Now if he touched her different story.

I think OSHA is hiring.

#19 10 years ago

So she should just put up with a little good ol' funstuff sexual harassment, as part of the job? What decade is this?!

Only MEN deserve respect at work! WHO'S WITH ME?!

#20 10 years ago

Herbert hit on Meg !?!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Only MEN deserve respect at work!

Agreed. LOL! Just messing molly!

#22 10 years ago

The decade that everyone gets a trophy. Nice try, here's a trophy.

#23 10 years ago

Wait does that say "suck it up buttercup"? What kind of "hard" agenda are you pushing, jabroni?! No daughters, I'm guessin'.

#24 10 years ago

This thread has taken on a whole new direction. My apologies to any of the women on this thread. I can be a bit of a cro-magnon at times.

Steve

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

oh sweet, double dose of misogyny here. first, she ought to be punished for being skeeved out by some stranger acting creepy while she's trying to work. and second, since she's a woman, she shouldn't be allowed to do a man's job anyway, right? awesome brodawg.

#26 10 years ago

So she should just put up with a little good ol' funstuff sexual harassment, as part of the job? What decade is this?!
    Only MEN deserve respect at work! WHO'S WITH ME?!

You have no idea if it was sexual harassment at all. Get both sides of the story before you make such a harsh judgment. The fact is that she could just be a real bitch.

#27 10 years ago

Back when I was a waitress, there was an old guy that liked to 'accidentally' rub my butt somehow every time I waited on him. I told management, and they basically told me to get over it and just deal with it, there was nothing they could or would do about it. This was Cracker Barrel, not Hooters or the local strip club. The next time he came in he of course asked for my section and I was warned by the hostess. I got ready, and when he touched me while taking his drink order I 'dealt with it' by 'accidentally' dumping a pitcher of ice cold water in his lap. It seemed to cool him off a bit.

#28 10 years ago

Yep 2, watching a princess movie now, Cinderella 2. Just don't have sympathy for a lot of things...

#29 10 years ago

Joker Poker took over three weeks from Colorado to So Cal via NAVL. But it arrived intact. I had to wonder though, how many times was it loaded and unloaded before it got here. Once it arrived, any frustration just disappeared.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I 'dealt with it' by 'accidentally' dumping a pitcher of ice cold water in his lap. It seemed to cool him off a bit.

Awesome!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

The fact is that she could just be a real bitch.

I'm glad the voice of reason arrived.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I'm glad the voice of reason arrived.

Truth... Lol.

#33 10 years ago

You have no idea if it was sexual harassment at all. Get both sides of the story before you make such a harsh judgment. The fact is that she could just be a real bitch.

I didn't say it was or wasn't, THANK YOU, I'm saying if it WAS she shouldn't be expected to simply "suck it up" and it's pretty terrifying to me that I'm in a clear minority in this regard.

#34 10 years ago

Where is the popcorn when I need it.

#35 10 years ago

I didn't say it was or wasn't, THANK YOU, I'm saying if it WAS she shouldn't be expected to simply "suck it up" and it's pretty terrifying to me that I'm in a clear minority in this regard.

Oh come on you implied it was. The fact of the matter is, if you don't know the facts you shouldn't comment at all. If I agree or disagree with you is fully dependent upon facts, not conjecture.

#36 10 years ago

They're just having a little fun, Molly. A lot of crap talking but I'm guessing any one of these same guys would go a mile to defend you if they ever saw someone genuinely troubling you.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Back when I was a waitress, there was an old guy that liked to 'accidentally' rub my butt somehow every time I waited on him. I told management, and they basically told me to get over it and just deal with it, there was nothing they could or would do about it. This was Cracker Barrel, not Hooters or the local strip club. The next time he came in he of course asked for my section and I was warned by the histess. I got ready, and when he touched me while taking his drink order I 'dealt with it' by 'accidentally' dumping a pitcher of ice cold water in his lap. It seemed to cool him off a bit.

That's sexual harassment, you were kind to him.

#38 10 years ago

Agree with above Matt/ Steve comments, don't know facts so stupid to comment. Initial reaction was the doubt of the comments being harmful which resulted in the driver refusing to complete job.

#39 10 years ago

maam.jpgmaam.jpg

#40 10 years ago

Oh come on you implied it was. The fact of the matter is, if you don't know the facts you shouldn't comment at all. If I agree or disagree with you is fully dependent upon facts, not conjecture.

Um, no, dude. I said what I do when I get harassed, and I expressed shock that people would say (also knowing the same bits of the story) that she should "not have the job", she should "suck bit up", and that she is "just as likely a bitch". This whole thing seems a little dark. I couldn't care less who agrees or doesn't, I just found it alarming that everyone is jumping to the side of the seller! Don't put words in my mouth, eh? If she just sucks at her job fire her, yes, if she's getting harassed, that's no bueno.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

since she's a woman, she shouldn't be allowed to do a man's job anyway, right? awesome brodawg.

I think you misunderstood all that, your comment has no validity when you add brodawg to it.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I think you misunderstood all that, your comment has no validity when you add brodawg to it.

then by all means explain. because it seems like your initial post is implying that it's unprofessional for a woman to object to harassment, and that no woman should be allowed to go about her business without a man around to protect her.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

it's unprofessional

To not complete her job, there I finished it for you proper, never said the 2nd person had to be a man. You sure like to add a lot to what I never said.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

then by all means explain.

please by all means do not explain.

no politics on pinside guys (and gals)

#45 10 years ago

and that she is "just as likely a bitch". This whole thing seems a little dark. I couldn't care less who agrees or doesn't, I just found it alarming that everyone is jumping to the side of the seller!

To be clear, I'm not jumping to anyone's side, I was using your tactic towards the seller to show you how ignorant it was for you to jump to the woman's side immediately. So you're simply saying IF she was sexually harassed she had the right to leave? Hello Mrs. Obvious...

I understand though, people usually side with the 'victim' of the 'crime' before hearing the facts. Much like at my job when a customer calls and complains the first reaction is 'what the heck did our guys do', but you have to remain objective, listen to the customer, listen to your technicians, and then make a sound judgment and fix whatever happened. Sometimes our fault, sometimes the customers fault, but most of the time miscommunication.

#46 10 years ago

I think everyone is missing the point here of the topic............the poor guy doesn't have his pin.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

please by all means do not explain.
    no politics on pinside guys (and gals)

please no politics .. just overtly sexists jpegs thank you. hey why cant feminists take a joke, amirite?

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I think everyone is missing the point here of the topic............the poor guy doesn't have his pin.

Pin, schmin. This is entertaining! Medieval can wait

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Back when I was a waitress, there was an old guy that liked to 'accidentally' rub my butt somehow every time I waited on him. I told management, and they basically told me to get over it and just deal with it, there was nothing they could or would do about it. This was Cracker Barrel, not Hooters or the local strip club. The next time he came in he of course asked for my section and I was warned by the histess. I got ready, and when he touched me while taking his drink order I 'dealt with it' by 'accidentally' dumping a pitcher of ice cold water in his lap. It seemed to cool him off a bit.

That was you with that pitcher at the Cracker Barrel!?! I still have nightmares of that pitcher being poured on me!!!!

#50 10 years ago

To be clear, I'm not jumping to anyone's side, I was using your tactic towards the seller to show you how ignorant it was for you to jump to the woman's side immediately. So you're simply saying IF she was sexually harassed she had the right to leave? Hello Mrs. Obvious...
    I understand though, people usually side with the 'victim' of the 'crime' before hearing the facts. Much like at my job when a customer calls and complains the first reaction is 'what the heck did our guys do', but you have to remain objective, listen to the customer, listen to your technicians, and then make a sound judgment and fix whatever happened. Sometimes our fault, sometimes the customers fault, but most of the time miscommunication.

Not sure what you're all pissy with me about, but I didn't side with anyone. Don't call me ignorant; I wasn't using "tactics", I was explaining what I do when old dudes start pawin' my gams when I'm on a service call. I'm nervous that most here REFUSE to acknowledge any wrongdoing on any side but hers. I'd rather just accept it, however, than be called some stranger's litany of names.

And that's MS. Obvious, thanks.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grab-your-pitch-forks-its-time-to-burn-navl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.