Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Khabbi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

these links are for the toys used for the pop up Iron Mongers.

Stern ground the feet so they could go pigeon toed and screwed the hands into the thighs

Get them while you can

http://www.toywiz.com/ironmongermovie.html
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Movie-Action-Figure/dp/B0036UW2L6
http://www.thinkfasttoys.com/Iron-Man-Movie-Action-Figure/dp/B0036UW2L6

edit 7-3-13
it is believed that the above links prices may have gone up.

I posted this thread because another thread said they were not available anymore, so I merely tried to help to give people a resource if they needed one.

Some people buy to have as a spare for a cheap insurance and others may buy to try modding themselves. I do not know anyone at these links and I am not trying to put fear into people to rush out and buy but it is possible that one day they may become hard to find or super expensive like a CFTBL hologram.

You will ready posts below questioning my actions to the original post - basically just trying to help others...

You have the freedom to decide to purchase or not.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

these links are for the toys used for the pop up Iron Mongers.
Stern ground the feet so they could go pigeon toed and screwed the hands into the thighs
Get they while you can
http://www.toywiz.com/ironmongermovie.html
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Movie-Action-Figure/dp/B0036UW2L6
http://www.thinkfasttoys.com/Iron-Man-Movie-Action-Figure/dp/B0036UW2L6
» YouTube video

Just did. thanks for the lead.

Dan

4 weeks later
#3 11 years ago

Ordered my spare as well.

Thanks!

#4 11 years ago

smart

#5 11 years ago

I disagree; posting links to the three hightest price copies of this figure I have ever seen does not seem smart; nor does buying these.

If you are sincerely interested in a replacement, I would be tempted to sell you mine for that price

Look at ebay, look around and it should not be hard to find these significantly cheaper.

Your mileage may vary, your desire to keep from blowing your own $$$ on overpriced copies of this figure may vary.

Just offering a different viewpoint. Keep in mind these are mass produced toys that would would have seen at Wal-Mart for cheap.

#6 11 years ago

I am saying smart to grab a replacement while you can. I did. Did not look at any posted links. What r you going to do when yours breaks, if you actually play the game? Smart guy always has ace up his sleeve, (backups), no matter what. Will not be produced forever, and then supply/demand kicks in. Respectfully disagree with you, obviously. Always be prepared.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I am saying smart to grab a replacement while you can. I did. Did not look at any posted links. What r you going to do when yours breaks, if you actually play the game? Smart guy always has ace up his sleeve, (backups), no matter what. Will not be produced forever, and then supply/demand kicks in. Respectfully disagree with you, obviously. Always be prepared.

Bah, I just would throw my old copy of IM in the garbage and buy a new one . Ace, meet my big ass wasteful sleeve

I have never EVER heard of any of these figures being significantly damaged even on routed games.

That being said, I have a spare in case I decide to man up and drill out one of these for an LED mod. I guess I spend too much time on the internets warning others to not blow their money on terribly overpriced figures...

#8 11 years ago

I started the thread, as in another IM thread the topic came up that people could not find them and at the time there were none on ebay. I didn't want to hijack another thread so started a fresh one just to help.

I just look at the CFTBL hologram where it is a stupid price for a worn out one or repro so nothing wrong in spending $20 to keep it in a tub for one day when you need it or a good selling point when you sell your machine.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That being said, I have a spare in case I decide to man up and drill out one of these for an LED mod. I guess I spend too much time on the internets warning others to not blow their money on terribly overpriced figures...

What, YOU, have a spare? You don't listen to yourself?

Do I do as you say, or do as you do? I'm confused.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks swinks -Have one on order-I am now a monger hoarder-thanks

#11 11 years ago

Not sure what the paranoia is, I've owned two Ironmans and the monger toy has never looked worn and sure seems rock solid.

I've seen the Monger on the IM at Disney Quest also, and that game is trashed and probably has 50,000 plays on it.. and the monger looks great!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Not sure what the paranoia is, I've owned two Ironmans the monger toy has never looked worn and sure seems rock solid.
I've seen the Monger on the IM at Disney Quest also, and that game is trashed and probably has 50,000 plays on it.. and the monger looks great!

This.

Buy a spare if you want (I bought mine mainly for possible modding, and at the time it was readily available for ~$10 or less on ebay).

I admit I looked at the three links you provided and was floored by the price. I could be less abrasive sometimes, but it also would not hurt to have posted "these can be available many places for a lot less than this if you keep you eyes open", as well as "this is not a known major wear item".

Your original post appears to lead people to believe their monger might wear out any minute, and why not spend $40 on one?

We're both trying to be of help in different ways I guess.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I disagree; posting links to the three hightest price copies of this figure I have ever seen does not seem smart; nor does buying these.
If you are sincerely interested in a replacement, I would be tempted to sell you mine for that price
Look at ebay, look around and it should not be hard to find these significantly cheaper.
Your mileage may vary, your desire to keep from blowing your own $$$ on overpriced copies of this figure may vary.
Just offering a different viewpoint. Keep in mind these are mass produced toys that would would have seen at Wal-Mart for cheap.

Thanks to Swinks for being so dumb and wanted to be helpful to the rest of us mutual dumb asses!

I had not thought of a spare until I saw his post. It gets directly pounded and eventually it wouldn't surprise me if it broke. Not really sure why you are objecting to people buying a little insurance.

I went through the links and searched around and I think I ended up finding one for about $20.
I don't know how much cheaper I could have found one or why the 5 or 6 extra bucks warrant the time investment.

The basis for your objections is pure conjecture. (EDIT: I did not see that you bought one for $10. Good price. Key was that they were readily available as you say. Time changes all things.) Now that's what is inane. Raising an objection based on what you think rather than what you know is just being opinionated, breeds contention and helps noone.

I think the "get it while you can" refers to the many posts citing that the figure is no longer being produced as a reason there wouldn't be another run of the game.

"Just offering a different viewpoint." Not really. It's good that you recognize that you could be less abrasive sometimes. Next step is to catch it before it happens when it isn't necessary. Sometimes you need to dish it out. I don't think this was one of those times.

Dan

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks to Swinks for being so dumb and wanted to be helpful to the rest of us mutual dumb asses!
Dan

Woah, no need for name calling. I was merely thinking you must be a bunch of spendthrifts

Quoted from MrWizzo:

I had not thought of a spare until I saw his post. It gets directly pounded and eventually it wouldn't surprise me if it broke. Not really sure why you are objecting to people buying a little insurance.
Dan

Not objecting to the insurance aspect, just this REALLY does not appear to be a major wear item, contrary to logic. I have beaten that horse to death, but a this point it really WOULD surprise me to have mine break (cue post from met tonight about a 1 in a million IM shot that results in monger breakage....)

Quoted from MrWizzo:

"Just offering a different viewpoint." Not really. It's good that you recognize that you could be less abrasive sometimes. Next step is to catch it before it happens when it isn't necessary. Sometimes you need to dish it out. I don't think this was one of those times.
Dan

Perhaps, perhaps not. I have already said my bit. I personally find aspects of the original post offensive, but the poster has cleared up he was not trying to fleece people or get them to waste their money. I'm cool with that.

#15 11 years ago

Either way, I am glad I ordered mine. I plan on playing the hell out of it and now I have an extra figure just in case something happens to it during my lifetime.

I figured with all the talk of this being one of the reasons why Stern will not be running any more IronMans, now would be a good time to purchase whether it is true or not.

Maybe I paid a premium for it at $40.00???? I guess I will just have to dine out at Mcdonalds for the next week or two.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Woah, no need for name calling. I was merely thinking you must be a bunch of spendthrifts

Not objecting to the insurance aspect, just this REALLY does not appear to be a major wear item, contrary to logic. I have beaten that horse to death, but a this point it really WOULD surprise me to have mine break (cue post from met tonight about a 1 in a million IM shot that results in monger breakage....)

Perhaps, perhaps not. I have already said my bit. I personally find aspects of the original post offensive, but the poster has cleared up he was not trying to fleece people or get them to waste their money. I'm cool with that.

I can call myself anything I'd like. Regardless of how you worded it, that is what you were saying. Man up and admit it.

There is a difference between a wear and a breakage item. I have an extra RingMaster head for CV. Will never break, but will wear. IM will not show wear, but may break. Being such a central part of the game, it would be a shame if someone did not have a replacement.

I think you are in the minority about the OP. If none of the links he posted were for items he was selling, how can he be trying to fleece people and what in the world would his motivation be to try and get people to waste their money?

The real question is why would someone who is trying to be helpful and gives no hint of self interest elicit such a response from you based on gross misperception. You can try to slip out of this with whatever usually works for you, but you were wrong in your response, and no matter how much you state motivations that he never had, it cannot be justified.

Quoted from Jetzxi:

Maybe I paid a premium for it at $40.00???? I guess I will just have to dine out at Mcdonalds for the next week or two.

Plus, if any of us decide to sell our IM, having the spare IM figure will be a nice selling feature.

Dan

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Regardless of how you worded it, that is what you were saying. Man up and admit it.

No.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

The real question is why would someone who is trying to be helpful and gives no hint of self interest elicit such a response from you based on gross misperception. You can try to slip out of this with whatever usually works for you, but you were wrong in your response, and no matter how much you state motivations that he never had, it cannot be justified.

All I know is someone posted links to what to me seems like a very high price for this item, and suggested it was a wear item. I am free to point out "these are really high prices" and "these do not really break to anybody's knowledge". My exposed magnet cores will be wasted long before my monger breaks based upon visible wear and tear to date.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

I can call myself anything I'd like.

Plus, if any of us decide to sell our IM, having the spare IM figure will be a nice selling feature.
Dan

I can't argue with either of these valid points

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

No.

All I know is someone posted links to what to me seems like a very high price for this item, and suggested it was a wear item. I am free to point out "these are really high prices" and "these do not really break to anybody's knowledge". My exposed magnet cores will be wasted long before my monger breaks based upon visible wear and tear to date.

I can't argue with either of these valid points

Sailing on a river in Egypt.......

Dan

#19 11 years ago

I have seen these IM2 Monger figures selling loose on eBay for $25 or so, with $5-8 shipping. If you go to Amazon you will pay $45+ shipping for these now. I have been hunting them for cheaper, and I haven't found any bargains. You don't have to pay $45, but you aren't finding them for $10, either.

#20 11 years ago

ok to clarify,

- I have no dealings or know anyone from these links
- I posted links as was trying to be helpful as a few threads said these were impossible to find and running out - nothing more and nothing less
- the cost of the links were approx $30 I thought when I originally found the items so they have risen the price probably because there might have been a few purchases all of a sudden ???? - maybe similar to the ebay cannon used on the AC/DC

here is a link to bay area amusements for $96 (sold out) and does include the bracket (which will definitely not wear out or break. If Stern or their distributors have them available for replacements then they have a concern that these may fail.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IM511-6758-00

like the other guys I bought a couple for modding, and like what Mr Wizzo said it is cheap insurance. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you had to fork out $100 for a replacement when they are all gone or worse still you couldn't find one. This game is only 2 years old, add 10 years to it and then there might be a breakage, as for the one as Disney ???? maybe it has been already replaced at some stage ????

finally thanks for the support Mr Wizzo and others - to be honest there was no intention to give a emotion that everyone should get one and I am not promoting anyone I know.

I will also put in a edit of my first post so others will understand a little better - my apologies for not being as descriptive in my original post.

yes $45 might be a little high when 6 months ago they were $20 but now they are more expensive, and I can't locate one under $45 now.

here is another for $135 with the light mod
http://www.pinballdecals.com/IM_MongerFigureModPage.html

here is a ebay one in a pack for $65
ebay.com link: Iron Man 2 Movie 4 Inch Action Figure Iron Monger

here is a sears one in a pack for $87
http://www.sears.com/hasbro-iron-man-2-movie-4-inch-action/p-SPM7005172208?prdNo=8

#21 11 years ago

this is probably the best option at the moment but it is a ebay auction

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Iron-Man-2-Marvel-Universe-Iron-Monger-Movie-Version-Mint-on-Card-/330883694438?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d0a347f66&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1413

$18.50 after 3 bids with
5days and 10 hours to go

will be interesting to see the final sale price

#22 11 years ago

Swinks:

Although you have no reason to thank me, you are welcome for the support. There is no way your original post should be interpreted as anything but helpful. I appreciated the time you took to get list the sources. The negative reply has nothing to do with anything you did.

Two adages come to mind:

1) Consider the source; and

2) No good deed goes unpunished.

Dan

3 months later
#23 10 years ago

revive a old thread, here is a link for a iron monger, modified ready to bolt in
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2347
US $22

#24 10 years ago

Swinks have you tried to order one? Tried last year and sent several emails but did not get any response

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Swinks have you tried to order one? Tried last year and sent several emails but did not get any response

I bought one last year off Greg, try him again

#26 10 years ago

fwiw the Ironman at Disney Quest has 100K plays on it and while the entire playfield is trashed, the original Monger looks fine. Just saying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grab-a-spare-iron-monger-figure-for-your-im and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.