• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200818_082354_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg
84D5F0B2-732D-40E2-BE94-894AD49C9FC3 (resized).jpeg
46B50B08-767F-4CD0-9902-C24CB500FE54 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider portermg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone!

I recently picked up a Game Plan Old Coney Island! Game is not in bad shape, and plays pretty good, other than all of the switches in Line 5 of the schematics. The solenoids work, as I watch the top right bumper activate. However, in switch diagnostics, none of the items in line 5 do not work. The MPU is in good shape; no acid leakage, and I removed the old battery. Connectors And solder all looks Good. I’m a bit baffled. New to fixing machines too, but pretty savvy with technology.

Any ideas??
84D5F0B2-732D-40E2-BE94-894AD49C9FC3 (resized).jpeg84D5F0B2-732D-40E2-BE94-894AD49C9FC3 (resized).jpeg46B50B08-767F-4CD0-9902-C24CB500FE54 (resized).jpeg46B50B08-767F-4CD0-9902-C24CB500FE54 (resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago

Sorry about the sideways pics, my mobile phone wouldn't let me fix that. Fixed now. Yes, its not in "bad" shape, but it has certainly seen better days. Want to get it all working first before I start cleaning up the play field, etc.

I was looking for wires that may have come off the switches on the playfield, all looked good. Same at the head... Thats why I am a bit baffled. Going to do some continuity tests next...

Thanks for the suggestion.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Is this your first pin?

Thanks for the heads up Frunch! This is my first personal pin. And like your Sharpshooter, it gets plenty of love just the way it is playing currently. I just am determined to get it running 100% (even if I have to buy an Echo Lake board). Then I will look into cleaning it up a bit.

For an older game, it plays fast, and it a lot of fun. I have some friends who just got into pinball, and they love it. They actually bring their kids over to teach them how to play. So its pretty cool to see a new younger generation finding the love of pinball on this old machine.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Good luck, and let us know what you find!

Thanks for the kind words! And happy to say that I was able to find the issue. Unfortunately it was the J5-Pin 10 connection at the board. Connector was fine based on continuity tests. It was the circuitry on the board itself to the resistor that was bad. So I ended up soldering a jumper from that connector point to the resistor. All works great now!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

#8 3 years ago

Do you happen to have the contact info for Jim at Echo Lake? I’m sure I can search the forum tho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider portermg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gp-coney-island-trouble-with-switches?tu=portermg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.