• Latest reply 2 years ago by jkashani
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should we sell him a monkey?”

• Absolutely! Give this man a monkey! and at a fair price! 7 votes
    44%
  • No. I am a callous individual and am nourished by the tears of children. 3 votes
    19%
  • Not sure why I am following this thread 4 votes
    25%
  • This is getting increasingly odd, but I like it. Similar to smelling the air inside a Caprisun pouch after all the drink is gone. 2 votes
    13%

(16 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Golden_Snub-nosed_Monkeys,_Qinling_Mountains_-_China (resized).jpg
monkey-kwondo (resized).jpg
D6F029DA-1AF4-4FAB-9F8F-09C66727C339.gif
monkey tears 2 (resized).jpg
chimp-from-the-2010-dodge-tent-event-commercial_100317309_l (resized).jpg
killer_monkeys_invade_town-4 (resized).jpg
20210518_203412 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
630a3df02ffd9d35686fc47cbeba5fd130a61b47 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - wanted

Gouveia's Wizard of Oz Monkey Mod

Featured Ad

Added: 2020-12-08 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (March 4th, 2021) • Ended: December 12th, 2021

Price

Wanted

Do you have a monkey slowly suffocating in a box? Does his incessant scratching at his cardboard prison keep you up at night? Do you believe in freedom?

Sell me your monkey!

Item photos

630a3df02ffd9d35686fc47cbeba5fd130a61b47 (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are paulbaptiste's market stats.

silver Seller Level

paulbaptiste has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to paulbaptiste's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Danville, IL, US

2 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

Hopeful bump!

4 months later
#3 2 years ago

Still hopeful bump!

#4 2 years ago

Wishing you luck with my monkey ad... which paid off.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 2 years ago

Good luck bump! Mine will never be separated from the machine. I lock it in a safe when I go away on vacation.

#6 2 years ago

I'd feed him well I promise!

I'm sure there are benefits from being new to the pinball hobby, but sometimes you simply miss out.

I'm hopeful though!

#7 2 years ago

Sure, 2k and I will remove mine and ship it to you you free. This is in line with crazy topper prices and game price inflation

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Sure, 2k and I will remove mine and ship it to you you free. This is in line with crazy topper prices and game price inflation

I could put a real monkey under the glass for that money!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Now this I would like to see.

#10 2 years ago

That would be cruel! Good luck in your search.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That would be cruel! Good luck in your search.

Appreciate it!!

#12 2 years ago

Do you have a monkey slowly suffocating in a box? Does his incessant scratching at his cardboard prison keep you up at night? Do you believe in freedom?

Sell me your monkey!

#13 2 years ago

Sell me your monkey!

Too funny! I cannot believe someone has not contacted you yet about selling their monkey.

#14 2 years ago

Did you know that science has proven a monkey kept in captivity will have a significantly shorter lifespan that one who is free to pick up balls from my playfield? Help me to help a monkey live a more fruitful life. We owe him that much....

Sell me your monkey...

#15 2 years ago

And after Paul gets his, I want his sibling. Please sell Paul your simian mammal.

#16 2 years ago

Little known fact...After Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch she unknowingly takes power over the flying monkeys by wearing the golden cap. She then asks the monkeys to carry her back to Kansas but alas, they cannot. They cannot leave. They are magical creatures and by nature are intended to live in a world under glass and pick up balls from my playfield. Do not force them to live a life they are not created to live...

selll me your monkey...

#17 2 years ago

I was joking about the 2k post but with all this topper craziness that it may take some big bucks to shake one loose.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I was joking about the 2k post but with all this topper craziness that it may take some big bucks to shake one loose.

I'm hoping my humor and heartfelt need will help in that process as well.

#19 2 years ago

Another little known fact. Statistics indicate that over 99% of all monkey bites are in fact caused by monkeys.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Another little known fact. Statistics indicate that over 99% of all monkey bites are in fact caused by monkeys.

I knew it!!! I've been arguing that fact for years and no one listens to me. People think that just because monkey's aren't native to the US that there isn't an underground community running around biting people. This image was taken moments ago in a parking garage in Georgia:

This is also a well documented symptom of not allowing monkeys reasonable paying jobs picking up balls from my playfield... it's a fact guys...

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

After many recent and televised reports (look above) of monkey attacks, the public has been advised to keep all monkeys indoors and in their native habitat. If you currently have a monkey in a box, it is time to sell me your monkey. This not only ensures the safety of the monkey but of America as well. Godspeed!

#22 2 years ago

Pretty sure porch pirates got my monkey I estimate about 10 minutes after I got confirmation that it was delivered. It showed up the following night in front of my door with the bottom of the box torn open and some one had placed a large piece of duct tape around it to hold it together. Everything was there thankfully. Obviously, they did not realize the value of the flying monkey.

#23 2 years ago

I can only imagine your despair...

Meanwhile, my current monkey won't even show his face in public, so deep is his shame when compared to his flying brothers. Dont turn away from him. See how he hides behind the castle walls...

20210518_203412 (resized).jpg20210518_203412 (resized).jpg
#24 2 years ago

I can only imagine your despair...
Meanwhile, my current monkey won't even show his face in public, so deep is his shame when compared to his flying brothers. Dont turn away from him. See how he hides behind the castle walls...
[quoted image]

Maybe if you spanked it now and then to assert dominance it would follow direction?

1 week later
#25 2 years ago

Word is there is a monkey uprising coming. A wave of hostile, underpaid and overworked circus monkeys that are preparing to turn on their captors. We are doomed if no one intervenes. If only we could find a monkey savior, if only there was a flying monkey among us that could mold this righteous anger into something useful, use this rage and turn it into a well paying and honored skillset admired by the masses...like picking up balls from my playfield.

Sell me your monkey!

#26 2 years ago

Word is there is a monkey uprising coming. A wave of hostile, underpaid and overworked circus monkeys that are preparing to turn on their captors. We are doomed if no one intervenes. If only we could find a monkey savior, if only there was a flying monkey among us that could mold this righteous anger into something useful, use this rage and turn it into a well paying and honored skillset admired by the masses...like picking up balls from my playfield.
Sell me your monkey!

Carp you had me so worried I ripped that monkey out of my game and crushed it to little pieces! Appreciate the heads up, he won't be hurting anyone now! Good luck with your monkey hunt!

1 week later
#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Carp you had me so worried I ripped that monkey out of my game and crushed it to little pieces! Appreciate the heads up, he won't be hurting anyone now! Good luck with your monkey hunt!

That was most likely a logical response and I don't blame you. Before any others consider taking such drastic action, may I present a compromise?

Sell me your monkey

In hopes of curbing the negative and often violent tendencies of our simian friends I have been quietly working on a training program that I think will be of great help. The problem is we need a live subject to prove our training works.

Sell me your monkey

#28 2 years ago

Haha! Give this man a monkey!

1 week later
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Haha! Give this man a monkey!

Follow @kklank's advice

Sell me your monkey!

1 week later
#30 2 years ago

I'm persistent....

Sell me your monkey!!

#31 2 years ago

I've been struggling to find the words to convey the importance of my request. My deep seated need is not entirely selfish but rather giving in nature. How do I preserve the physical and mental well being of a monkey currently being buried alive in cardboard and plastic wrap? How can I give him meaning.. There really is only one way...he needs to pick up balls from my playfield

If your concerned about the legitimacy of my statement above, please read the below:

In the wild, primates are typically active animals. If they aren't searching for food, they may be fighting off intruders, playing with peers, investigating the world around them, breeding or sleeping. They have evolved physically to be ready for (playfield) action and they are capable of engaging in acrobatic maneuvers with great finesse. These abilities are a part of their survival package. Their great investigatory and manipulative skills allow them to locate the very foods (or pinballs) that sustain them. When held captive they maintain the potential and abilities that they were born with, but, without sufficient enrichment devices available inside their cages, they reside in a continuous state of unchallenged readiness. Like lack of social stimulation, lack of physical and mental stimulation leads to despair. They remain primed and ready with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Muscles suffer from atrophy and depression may set in.

Did you read that! Depression. You are feeding and encourage depression..Help me save a monkey from this horrid state... just sell me your damn monkey...

#32 2 years ago

I'm persistent....
Sell me your monkey!!

No.

1 week later
#34 2 years ago

Quit protecting them! Quit making excuses! Quit harboring these dangerous creatures in your game rooms. This could be the fate of your loved ones.. How is your wife going to write that novel that you told her was waiting inside her without fingers? How....

Just sell me a monkey

killer_monkeys_invade_town-4 (resized).jpgkiller_monkeys_invade_town-4 (resized).jpg
#35 2 years ago

Sure 1K all day!

#36 2 years ago

We are running out of time....

chimp-from-the-2010-dodge-tent-event-commercial_100317309_l (resized).jpgchimp-from-the-2010-dodge-tent-event-commercial_100317309_l (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#37 2 years ago

This is your monkey... Don't turn away. Look at him. Hear his whimper. See his chest rise and sink with the cacophony of his pain. At first he does not recognize the sound. He turns around, startled and worried that someone is after him, but then his nerves calm and he listens, he hears his own heartbeat, he suddenly understands that pain can be a language. Will anyone listen? Do his tears not wound you? Are you heartless? Are you not humble enough to realize that if you cannot give someone the life and opportunity they deserve than you should let them go...sell them to me...even if only to end this madness???

monkey tears 2 (resized).jpgmonkey tears 2 (resized).jpg
#38 2 years ago
D6F029DA-1AF4-4FAB-9F8F-09C66727C339.gifD6F029DA-1AF4-4FAB-9F8F-09C66727C339.gif
#39 2 years ago

Please sell Paul your monkey, so I can pick up the torch. Steve, please help us monkey seekers.

#40 2 years ago

I've never seen someone so anxious for a monkey. Usually, people want to get the monkey off their back.....

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image]

ROFLMAO

1 week later
#42 2 years ago

This unfortunately occurred only a few streets down from my home...

A couple was taking a walk through the neighborhood trying to rebuild the love and intimacy that seemed to have been lost over the past few years.
Children had grown and left the nest and the things that they once had in common seemed to be harder to pinpoint. When did discussion become so difficult?
He remembered when he could understand exactly what his wife wanted without her saying a word. Now they seemed like strangers at times. He hoped a quiet walk through the neighborhood could help pull out and spawn the words they had both been struggling for so long speak.

While passing in front of a shop window the woman was drawn to something and excitedly reached out for the hand of her husband, but he was not there. He seemed to be focused on something lying in front of them on the sidewalk. The shape was almost like that of a small child, but thinner, longer, covered in fur.

"What is that?" she asked her husband

"I think it's a monkey. Should I see if it's okay?" he asked

"I don't know if it's safe" she warned
"Those things are probably ridden with disease."

"I can't just leave it there." he replied and began to move forward.

The woman watched as her husband slowly walked towards the seemingly lifeless monkey. She muttered strange words under her lips, words she didn't recognize but seemed infused with power. Was it yiddish? Does she know yiddish? The air seemed to pulse and shudder with the frequency of her whisper. She quietly hoped that whatever happened next could grant her reprieve from the monotony and arrid life she had been living these past few years. She was ready for change and whatever consequences that change would bring.

The man stood over the monkey. His shadow cooling the creature from the warm sun and blanketing him in welcomed darkness. A crowd began to gather around the man and seemed to collectively hold their breath.

"What is he doing?" one of the bystanders asked another breaking the silence
"Is this some strange necromancy puppeteer? a teenager in a trenchcoat asked, the crowd staring at him strangely and inching away from him
"Did the monkey return from space?" a small freckled boy asked his mother who had stopped listening to him the moment he woke up today.
"Shhh!!" an old woman scolded the crowd. "He is going to resurrect the small furry child!" She said to everyone with great conviction.
"It's a monkey lady" replied a local shop owner who stepped outside for a quick cigarette. The crowd all turning to him with a palpable anger in the furrowed brows seeming to tell the man to shut up and let the woman dream. He quickly stepped on his cigarette and returned inside.

"Resurrect the child" a man said softly in agreement
"Resurrect the child" the freckled face kid said while his mother looked for faces in the clouds
"Resurrect the child" the teenager who suggested necromancy said, agreeing with those around him.

The wife continued to mutter thoses strange words, their speed and volume growing and changing, the sounds moving and billowing the clothing of those around her, a strange Marilyn Monroe grate moment without skirts or photographers. The man reaches his trembling hand towards the chest of the monkey, the chest seems to rise and meet his hand. Is that breath, is that power, is that the spell of a teenage occultist? Could this be proof of a power or God greater than us all? Is that strange woman speaking in Yiddish?

As the man's hand touches the soft fur the of the monkey chest, he uses his other to wrap around the seemingly lifeless neck of the creature, lifting his head, and the monkey begins to stir. His eyes flutter. His muscles twitch and he begins to breathe deeply of the air around him. The crowd begins to cheer. The old grandmother falls to her knees weeping with joy. The freckled kid opens his mouth to get the attention of his absent mother and forgets he has a sucker in his mouth and watches as it falls onto the ground, that boy begins to cry.

The man helps the monkey to his feet and seems to wait for some reward or recognition from his bewildered eyes. The monkey seems to regain his balance. He looks to his surroundings. See's the crowd of people gathered around him and kicks the man the in the face.

Monkey's are not our friends. Sell me your monkey!

monkey-kwondo (resized).jpgmonkey-kwondo (resized).jpg
#43 2 years ago

One of my favorite threads on Pinside!

#44 2 years ago

I bow to you for creativity and commitment. Love it.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

One of my favorite threads on Pinside!

Quoted from Yelobird:

I bow to you for creativity and commitment. Love it.

Thank you both! Who knows. Maybe my cries will reach the creator ! If not, we will hopefully be entertained as this will keep getting more and more additions as time goes on. Thanks for reading, I did enjoy writing that last one.

#46 2 years ago

OP might just have to buy someone's WoZ with a monkey in it then sell that machine. Eight months and no offers? The Monkeys are more bolted down than I would have thought!

#47 2 years ago

Thank you both! Who knows. Maybe my cries will reach the creator !

The monkeys were created by the witch (also discontinued). She died when she was melted by Dorothy. I done seen the movie.

So...you know...

Good luck.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The monkeys were created by the witch (also discontinued). She died when she was melted by Dorothy. I done seen the movie.
So...you know...
Good luck.

Spoiler alert man. I haven't seen the movie yet!

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Spoiler alert man. I haven't seen the movie yet!

...or read the book;

...or read the book that cleverly re-tells the original book;

...or seen the Broadway musical based on the book that re-tells the original book.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

OP might just have to buy someone's WoZ with a monkey in it then sell that machine. Eight months and no offers? The Monkeys are more bolted down than I would have thought!

The gestational period of a Golden Snub Nosed monkey is 199 days... we might just be a little overdue...

Golden_Snub-nosed_Monkeys,_Qinling_Mountains_-_China (resized).jpgGolden_Snub-nosed_Monkeys,_Qinling_Mountains_-_China (resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gouveia-s-wizard-of-oz-monkey-mod-1?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.