Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south park (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm buying our first pinball machine this week (probably) but my wife is really upset that it has this gouge in the back box. The guy knocked $300 off the price because of it. I'm thinking I can use wood putty to smooth it and then buy a decal for it to fix it. Is it salvageable or would I have to rebuild the whole box for this? This is for home use.

Thanks

south park (resized).jpgsouth park (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

So I went ahead and bought it. It also needs some new plastics and flipper rebuilds, so I'll be jumping into this hobby feet first it seems. I have a new contact meeting me this week who repairs pinball machines, so I'll be able to get some advice. I'm not good with electricity and circuits, but I'm sure I'll learn.

Thanks guys.

#10 6 years ago

I've found flipper rebuild kits for South Park. Should I buy those or is it something I should look to upgrade to something newer?

Also, I've found that the decorative plastic to the left of the left flipper is cracked off. Does anyone know where I can buy that?

All this advice is appreciated, thanks guys.

#12 6 years ago

Thanks for that link. After watching a video I'm considering making my own plastics since I only need two simple ones and I have some acrylic and hardware at work. If not I'll buy that plastic set he has listed and have extra parts. Maybe sell the extras since no one is piecing them out. It does stink that the ones I need are only in his most expensive set. :/

Are the plastic pictures available as a file to print out? The guy on YouTube is printing them on decal paper and applying them to plastics he's formed.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Also ditch buying the profanity ROMs. Carpet munch video mode is cool but you loose to much in sounds and dmd animations .

Gold advice there. I was under the impression that they only added to the game, not take things away.

#14 6 years ago

My wife was satisfied that the box wasn't near as bad in person so I've switched gears to the important stuff, like the play field.

#15 6 years ago

Ok, new one. It has the NVRAM upgrade installed, but we've found that if we leave it off all day, it loses our high scores. How should i start troubleshooting that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gouge-in-the-back-box-south-park?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.