IMG_0564 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).JPG
IMG_0551 (resized).JPG
IMG_0533 (resized).JPG
IMG_0531 (resized).JPG
IMG_0538 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_0537 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider csdoplr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello all I recently acquired a Gottlieb Far Out Machine. I am pretty new to pinball and the power cord is not connected to turn the game on. I also have a small Jones plug that has four prongs. I have the prongs for the Jones plug and the cord I just have no idea where to place them or how to wire them up and I can't seem to find any help online. If anyone can point out where this Jone plugs goes into and how to wire up the power cord that has only two prongs I would greatly appreciate it thank you.

15468337249661182691865 (resized).jpg15468337249661182691865 (resized).jpg1546833775807295940334 (resized).jpg1546833775807295940334 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

The 4 prong jones plug should plug into the tilt board (this is on the cable that comes off of the coin door?). As to the power cord, is it just missing the plug or do you need the connection at the fuse/transformer end?
The two spade luges get mounted on the inside of the cab to wires coming off the coin chute, here's a pic[quoted image]

Oh thanks so much! I believe I need to connect the fuse transformer end as I have the plug head that goes into the wall. How is this done?

#4 5 years ago

Update: I got the machine hooked up and turned on. I have pushed the relay to start a game and the motor runs but wont't start a game. Does anyone know how to get the game to start so I can use the flippers? It just flashes game over even with credits in the game. Thanks

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Replay Button (V) relay doesn't activate when you press the Replay Button on the front door, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
[quoted image]

Thanks so much I will check that out. As of now no coin wires are hooked up to the coin door as the coin door is off and I have no coin mechanisms. Could this be a issue as well?

#9 5 years ago

I've made some progress. The game now constantly stays in game over. When I push the game over switch on everything works. So the issue is the hold relay won't activate and keep the game over switch open to play. I've looked on the forums but can't find a answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 month later
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveB8:

I purchased this 'Far Out' from CSDopler several weeks ago - for a fair price - and have begun a proper restoration. No coin mechs & loose wiring, no lockdown bar or playfield glass, rusty flat black legs, orange extension cord hacked in as a power cord, a disconnected score motor switch with 3 other switch wires cut nearby. The backbox lights were wired to a modern microswitch (?) mounted to an L bracket & hanging unsupported in the coin box area - now bypassed to get them operational. I've rebuilt the 'F' AS relay, which was missing it's spring and was crappy dirty. There's no replay button or switch on the coin door (on order via PBR). A couple of the relay bank arms (one being a 'series arm') are mangled to the point of questionable repair. The player unit properly illuminates (manually actuating the solenoid) through Players and Balls to Game Over/Match. I will get this one back into operation, with time...also, while the playfield is overall in pretty good shape , the backglass is trash - repro on order from BGResto.
[quoted image]

Great job glad it is coming together!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider csdoplr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottliebs-far-out?tu=csdoplr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.