(Topic ID: 238571)

Gottliebs Card Whiz not resetting fully.

By spookr

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ralph67
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gtbreel9 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Card Whiz not resetting on player one the thousand does not reset, and on player two the ten thousands and thousand does not reset. It also jumps from player one to player two for no reason. I feel like this machine is possessed. Please help I'm new to this but have manual, schematic and can use a soldering iron. When I reset the machine it will reset all except those fore mentioned banks. I have cleaned and tested the the banks and all can be manually reset. When I get this one going got a surf champ in the wing to work on. Don't know enough to take a picture but will provide any photo if you let me know what to take a picture of. Thanks for any help.

#2 1 year ago

Player unit switches and or dirty contact rivets on player unit .
Reels , check and clean 0-9 switches , the middle switch of the 0-9 might be dirty or not touching as this one need to be contacting , or reel wont power ,
Check score reset relays , manual operate these and It might begin to reset the score reels , to clean just run a bit of card strip through the contacts , gently close and wipe through , you can use alcohol or de natured spirits , let this evaporate before turning game back on

#3 1 year ago

Hi spookr , welcome to pinside!

These 8 switches, one on each score reel, should prevent the Player unit from advancing until all the score reels are on 0.

Pinball (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

I really appreciate the help but I am afraid you have lost me on a few points. From Ralph67 for the reels check and clean 0-9 switches. There are five at the most switches on each reel two on the bottom are closed and two on top are open these are side by side and the last is open which is on top of the bank. Where are the 0-9 switches located on the machine? To HowardR thanks to you also for help. On the player unit there are several banks of switches again I think this is a location problem on my part. It is hard for me to associate the schematic to the location on the machine. Please help this inexperience tech wanna be. Thanks

#5 1 year ago

Found this animation from this thread on here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-2001-decagon-score-reels-sticking-on-9#post-1461630
https://images.pinside.com/9/03/8f/9038f0d7aa311136c423d88e5e579e4017dc8151.gif,

The 3 switches at the top are the 0-9 switches , your 10,000 unit wont have the 3rd (9) switch .The inner switch is the zero switch
The schematics posted by HowardR Top row , all in red shows when all score reels are on 0 , These all must be closed or else game wont complete the reset cycle.

gtbreel9 (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago

Thanks Ralph67 I will go back and check each and report back.

#7 1 year ago

Just a note , its the middle switch , if that's not closed or not contacting the reel will not power , so check the middle switch first

#8 1 year ago

Thanks the game is up and scoring correctly. Could not have done without the help. The top nine switch was set to closed position with the middle switches, found out it only closes when reel reads 9. Thanks again.

#9 1 year ago

Good work , now you know for the future , and really you just compare how the correct ones are working , they are a bit tricky to get adjusted properly sometimes , mainly its to much pressure on the switches and they wont move well when they get to position 9. cleaning the inner board and re-lubing the circuit board helps with this , Glad you sorted it and learned something

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.94
Playfield - Plastics
Plastic 9 for Pin-Bot Out of stock
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside