You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo6.jpg
gtb_300.jpg
#1 13 years ago

Hello all

I'm joining in the hope I can unashamedly scrounge some expert advice.

I've had this machine for 7 years or more and have refurbished the playfield just fine. It plays to some extent but has some small niggles with the scoring and a couple of targets.

Recently I purchased a circuit diagram with the intention of troubleshooting it but I'm stumped as to where to start.

Do I methodically go through all the solenoids, switches and such like cleaning and adjusting or do I list the faults and eradicate them one by one?

I'd be more than happy to pay someone to come and fix it but as I'm located in France that might not be viable!

TIA

Andrew

#2 13 years ago

Hi, congratulations on owning a fine looking game.

To find help locally I suggest you try and contact someone throught the Siverball Association which is based in France.

http://www.silverball.fr/?lang=en

Good luck!

#3 13 years ago

Another alternative for EM's would be to ask advice here

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

#4 13 years ago

Welcome to the site wormscoffer '300' is a lot like Soccer or Super Soccer with the back box animation.
what people tend to forget is not only are the ten balls fun to watch counting down when drinking a few pints with the crew but it is in fact your 'bonus unit' - getting that unit at 100% is the key to these types of pins.

The answer to your Question - Yes
after 7 years it's time for a rebuild absolutely , when it's done it will be up to snuff and ready for the next pinball show in your area.
Perhaps it will place or get an award " most enjoyable table in show " ?

gtb_300.jpggtb_300.jpg

#5 13 years ago

Oh yeah try to find the game manual for that game - it helps a lot

#6 13 years ago

As you know, some Pinsiders are french ..and do love Pinside too !

Comment t'aider ?

Visit this site specialized in EM pinballs especially this page with a methodical approch:

http://retro-flip.xooit.fr/t363-DEBUTANTS-1-JE-REMETS-EN-ROUTE-MA-PLANCHE-DE-FOND.htm

#7 13 years ago

Good to see you lb45 - how goes the collection ?

#8 13 years ago

Hi Autumfade !

Stand by for the collection at this moment : i have to move in June ..- Hoppefully, the pinballs are allready installed !

I didn't buy pinballs since 4 months !
But it will come again soon - for sure
Certainly , an old EM like this 300..

photo6.jpgphoto6.jpg

#9 13 years ago

Wow - thanks for the replies guys!

I was looking for somewhere to set an email notification but couldn't find it and got a pleasant surprise when I checked back.

I've joined the Silverball Association.

My three year old son is desperate to start playing with the machine so I think I'll have to get stuck in and start working on it. At least I know I can pop back here if I have any questions.

Cheers

Andrew

#10 13 years ago

That is one killer looking playfield!!! What a great looking machine!

1 year later
#11 11 years ago

Please come back and let us know how it's going. I'll be getting my own 300 as my first table so I am very interested in your experiences. Mine will need some TLC right off the bat too, so I'm jumping in head first. For you more experienced folk, are there advantages to starting off with a "more simple" EM table?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottliebs-300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.