You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Roller Coaster free play (resized).jpg
69855105-7CB5-4F6E-8185-9800498301A2 (resized).jpeg
gtb-pb296-cab (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

A relay or coil labeled as "YY" is shown on the schematic of Roller Coaster and connections to it are shown in other places on the schematic, but there is no YY shown in the Relay list. What (and where) is YY?

#2 1 year ago

I don't see a YY coil or relay on my copy. Where do you see it?

#3 1 year ago

Might it be a poorly printed W ?

gtb-pb296-cab (resized).jpggtb-pb296-cab (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

It was on the supplemental coin chute diagram sheet, and I didn’t realize there were inconsistencies between it, and the main schematic. Not sure why there would be inconsistencies, but I’ll just stick with the main schematic. Here’s where it shows..

69855105-7CB5-4F6E-8185-9800498301A2 (resized).jpeg69855105-7CB5-4F6E-8185-9800498301A2 (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago

Sort of a follow-up question...since the machine will be on free play is there a way to bypass all of the coin chute circuits to simplify things? I think I have multiple issues all relating to the coin chute circuits. Basically have the machine on free play (via the replay unit) and then just be able to push the replay (start) button to start a game regardless of chute circuit status?

#6 1 year ago

If the switch on the Replay Unit in the red box is permanently closed with a test lead or by bending one of the leaves, the Replay Button should always start a new game.
Roller Coaster free play (resized).jpgRoller Coaster free play (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from NeonNoodle:

It was on the supplemental coin chute diagram sheet, and I didn’t realize there were inconsistencies between it, and the main schematic.

I wouldn't call them "inconsistencies" but ordering options for the original purchaser. In the USA, we didn't need 1 coin/10 plays, but some other country did. That country must have had a high-value coin. If an operator in that country ordered their game with three coin chutes and the appropriate three different coin acceptors (and a YY relay), then the pricing shown in the dashed box (2 plays, 4 plays, 10 plays) could be implemented. That operator would refer to that specific supplemental schematic when debugging pricing issues, and use the main schematic for anything else in the game. As for where the relay would be placed, it would probably go where AS is shown in the photo of the relay board. The AS wouldn't be needed if there is no 2 coins/1 play pricing.
.................David Marston

#8 1 year ago

Great info Mr. Marston!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-yy-relay?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.