Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Quick question. Fixing a 58 Sunshine that's had the "off" switch removed. Installing a new one. No biggie but, since this is my first Got woody, does the plunger make or break contact to turn the game off? Also, is there fish paper to prevent grounding against the plunger? Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

As I recall, the circuit is 120 volts AC so yes I would have a fishpaper insulator. The switch breaks contact to turn off as I remember.

#3 3 years ago

Its a normally closed switch

#4 3 years ago

Off switch? I think you just hit the bottom of the cab. Turn on by coining up or plugging in. Or use a surge protector switch and /or a remote switch adapter.

#5 3 years ago

There is a plunger which touches the bottom of the cab that opens the switch when you hit the bottom, killing power to the hold relay

#6 3 years ago

My bad, thought it was in reference to an external switch...and the ball plunger. .

#7 3 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the responses. First, I don't want hear any mouth about the cleanliness of the mech board. I haven't got to it yet. Just doing some repair work first.

Check out the pics. Is this correct? Ken, how can I install a fish paper seperator without breaking the contact if this a normally closed switch unless it uses one of those cylindrical nylon thingy's to push up the other switch?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#8 3 years ago

Since you're never going to touch the plunger, I wouldn't worry too much about insulating it. It's only very momentarily in contact with the switch blade anyway. Most of the time it's at rest and not touching anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.95
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside